Thumbs up [R# 192] T# 200/201 Patchnotes

Technical Updates & Bug Fixes

• Reworked Health-Sync - Health is now updating instantly without jumping
    • Health regeneration is no longer a client side part
    • NPC can have now much higher health which is very interesting for PvE
    • Death-Flag behavior and synchronization reworked - Should kill the nasty Rezz-Bug
    • AFK- Flags added. You can set your afk state via command /set afk 1 (0 to remove AFK)
    • Crash fixed which could raise on team invites
    • Damage Sync *WIP* - Beam weapons should hit now the target more often
    • Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymore
    • NPC Health isn't jumping on movement anymore

Gameplay Updates

• All Rare and WoC weapons have been modified - this is still work in progress your feedback is needed and very welcome

Visual Assets

• A bunch of HD graphics were added. Neocron is looking very nice now and I believe Xortag will provide more details in the next time
    • All Faction Logos and Traffic Signs are overhauled
    • Some static actors have their textures overhauled
    • A lot of environment decals and textures like posters, blood, cracks and so on have been added and overhauled
    • Hundreds of misaligned or floating boxes, actors and decals have been corrected
    • Revamped a huge amount of decorations in the jailhouse
    • The Terminator Assault Quad now has a slight sharper texture

Content

• Jailhouse was reworked - Baldur will provide more details about the content changes in the next time.

Patchnotes from the Content Development Department:

JAILHOUSE REVAMP
    This is the first step of our rework of the Jailhouse, Soullight and Anarchy Breed. More to come.
    • added medical area
    • added shopping area
    • added All Buyer store
    • added filler NPCs, decorations and new HD decals and actors
    • changed some NPC Models, NPC Weapons (Guards) and NPC locations.
    • New repeatable mission "NeoCare in the Community" has been introduced. A low and high level version of this longer mission (run) is available allowing runners to re-gain a larger amount of Soul Light. These missions start in the new medical area of the Jailhouse in Outzone 8.
    • A new repeatable mission to gain Soullight has been implemented: "Jailhouse Good guys". The StartNPCs are located in the Jailhouse Bar.
      • low level version : level 30-44
      • med level version: level 45-54
      • high level version: level 55+
        The high level mission currently uses the Anarchy Breed Camps from the TH-Corporate Contact missions (AB-Harrasser and Aggressors). This will be changed / these camps will be reworked and new camps will be added before this patch hits Titan.

MISSIONS
    • The first mission ("NPCD has an eye on you") from our mission-contest has been implemented. Agent Jones is waiting for you in front of NCPD Headquarters in Viarosso 3
      Since Neocrons maximum for missions (runs with more than 1 mission) had been reached by Reakktor, we had to implement a new way of mission-implementation. This is the first mission which uses the new system.
    • New low/mid-level mission "Canyon Secret Service" has been introduced.
      This missions starts in the TG Canyon and makes (new) TG runners go to Neocron City.
    • Tech Haven Corporate Contacts missions (missions to gain faction sympathy): reduced the number of killtargets and increased the amount of faction sympathy you get.
    • New missions to gain Soullight have been implemented (see Jailhouse Revamp for details)

MILITARY BASE
    • MILITARY BASE ENTRANCE
      • Added permanent CityCom and GoGuardian near zone entrance
      • Improved guard placement
      • Updated signage to reflect changes in Military Base Sec-1
    • MILITARY BASE SECTOR 1
      • Fixed the positions of many static actors and NPCs
      • Revamped signage in the zone to improve navigation
      • Revamped the Bar/Dancer area to improve seating and usability
      • Added extra decoration in the form of new decals
      • Added ambient audio to shops to add atmosphere
      • Added a bank of CityComs to the middle of the zone
      • Fixed the position of many static actors e.g. floating boxes
      • Moved several City Merc Contact Person NPCs closer to the Entrance zone line to ease frustrations with trade skill missions.

ASSETS (Xortag will go into detail here)
    • Across the entire game world, a large number of graphic decals have been replaced with brand new higher definition versions
      • Retailer logos
      • Faction logos
      • Traffic system signs
      • Holographic frames and adverts
      • Warning signs
      • some Static actors
      • ...and many more textures
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in City Administration HQ
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Plaza District
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Viarosso District
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Pepper Park District
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned across the Subway and Outzone District
      • A number of signs and other graphics have been tweaked/repositioned in Outposts across the Wastelands

NAVRAY
    • NavRay now functions in the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
    • NavRay routing has been added to the Outzone Apartment Complex (1, 2 & 3)
    • NavRay menus have been updated with several additional locations across the game world
      • Job Centre
      • Outzone Apartment Complex Apartments
      • Neocron & Dome of York Entrances
      • Industrial Area Sec-2
    • NavRay routing has been added to all subway station platforms
    • NavRay routing has been added to subway tracks. Runners will now be advised to use the subway when travelling in Neocron City.
    • References to Con Center and Job Centre have been updated to unify spelling
    • Mr Jones Mission locations are more clearly marked in NavRay
    • Faction names have been corrected in the NavRay (aka the "We got 99 problems, but City Mercs appearing twice in the NavRay ain't one" fix)
    • NavRay routing has been updated in the Twilight Guardian Canyon Facility. Among others, this corrects the issue of finding the All Buyer with the NavRay.
    • NavRay routing has been improved in Plaza 2. Several routing issues have been resolved.
    • NavRay now functions in Military Base Sec-1
    • NavRay routing has been improved in the Pepper Park District. Several routing issues have been resolved.
    • NavRay routing has been added to Military Base Sec-1

MISCELLANEOUS
    • Dancing is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
    • Everyone's favourite dancer in Pepper Park Sector 2 is once again getting her groove on
    • In game welcome mail "Death in Neocron" has been updated to remove references backpacks
    • Fixed a typo in NExT's faction description found on the CityCom
    • Ammo for Mini Rocket Launchers is now sold by the correct Pistol Ammo vendor
    • Moved Hogan Dunfield to a new location again, to reduce exploit possibility
    • Regant PA Run (final mission: old dirty conster) has been updated.
    • Added a guard to the lower floor of the Tsunami Syndicate HQ to improve security in the sector
    • NPC Inquisitor Kaine has been moved to a new location within the sector.
    • New NPCs have been spotted in the Canyon Facility
    • New NPC Massahiro can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of Valadium to loyal Tsunami Runners
    • New NPC Crazy Ivan can be found in Tsunami Syndicate HQ selling emergency supplies of XOR Chips to loyal Tsunami Runners
    • Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed
    • Fixed the inventory image, name and price of furniture item DoY Bed with Light
    • Plants in Pepper Park apartments no longer function as Gene Replicators
    • Belts should no longer drop in sector C07 (Tyron Factory)
    • CityCom delivery missions for City Mercs now correctly display NPC and Sector names in mission dialogue
    • Freezer Rifles now correctly sit on the players back when viewed from 3rd person perspective.
    • Fixed the item description of the TL 29 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost
    • Fixed the item description of the TL 41 Crahn Blessed DamageBoost Sanctum
    • Black Dragon CityCom missions no longer direct players to Tsunami Syndicate HQ Recruiters
    • Several menu and sub menu names have been updated/corrected in NavRay
    • When put on the floor, Greg's Medkits now use the correct medical kit model
    • Audio announcements have been added to the Subway when arriving and departing each station. This audio should assist new players when navigating Neocron City.
    • Voice announcement added when players enter the ConCenter
    • Voice announcement added when players enter City Administration HQ
    • Ambient music has been restored to several retailers in Plaza Sec-1
    • Leaning against walls is no longer restricted to Neocron 2 era NPCs
    • Boobs & Guns now use all four Neocron 2 era dancer models as vendors
    • The npc dialog has been revamped.
    • Added a new background image to the RPOS to handle the new position of NPC dialogue.
    • The XP and Money Malus of LE wearing players are now visible in the implants window.
    • Outzone Apartment Complex access interfaces have been renamed to follow the standard apartment naming schema.
    • Several unique high level kill target NPCs no longer give XP when attacked or killed
    • Faction and City Guards no longer give XP when attacked or killed
    • WAITER npcs did not correctly hide/duck to "evade" from players with weapons
    • If on patrol PMAN npcs should now stop when players talks to them or trades them (if PMAN is a trader) and they should only flee from players with weapons not from copbots and he should now correctly greet when encountering players

Feel free to share your experience or ideas here in this thread (no need to make a separate thread).
    Last edited by Baldur; 08-12-14 at 00:08. Reason: added content dev patchnotes
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    [SIZE=5][*] AFK- Flags added. You can set your afk state via command /set afk 1 (0 to remove AFK)
    A lot of cool stuff, still wonder why KK didn't manage to fix some of those points in 10 years.

AFK Flag: why would i want to do this and does it go back to 0 when i move?

Br Morph

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    A lot of cool stuff, still wonder why KK didn't manage to fix some of those points in 10 years.

AFK Flag: why would i want to do this and does it go back to 0 when i move?

Br Morph
    Yes it does. Sometimes you're staying at the p1 mediacare to be afk for a while, now you have an indicator - so players dont getting pissed if you don't answer in the right time
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

former king of saturn

[*] A bunch of HD graphics were added. Neocron is looking very nice now and I believe Xortag will provide more details in the next time

I saw the 40 meg patch and was like ooooooooooooooooh yeah new textures and maybe sounds!

/edit: any place in particular that we have to see?

/edit2: just running through p1 is enough to get a stiffy.

/edit3: with the surrounding texture around entryways like sewers and such makes me very very hopeful for the 'primetime' textures that are so heavily used - floor, wall, ground... all of it. Very nice work in what I have seen in the last 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Divide; 06-12-14 at 02:06.

I'm guessing this is all test server?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I saw the 40 meg patch and was like ooooooooooooooooh yeah new textures and maybe sounds!

/edit: any place in particular that we have to see?

/edit2: just running through p1 is enough to get a stiffy.
    Yes: Decals and some static models, more will come in the future... and one of my absoute favorites: THe blood decal

Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

Yes: Decals and some static models, more will come in the future... and one of my absoute favorites: THe blood decal

The framing around the hatch there makes me so excited for the rest of the ground/wall/sky textures. Being able to read one of the new signs from as far away as you can now is impressive - I'm running at a paltry 1080p, but they almost look like raster graphics they are so good.

There are far more content related things in this patch

e.g. new missions, a lot of fixes etc.

I'll provide detailed information on sunday
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

Yes it does. Sometimes you're staying at the p1 mediacare to be afk for a while, now you have an indicator - so players dont getting pissed if you don't answer in the right time

Any chance in the future of an afk reason like "/set afk I'm not afk, I'm debugging" ?

I don't know that I can post those pictures on your Facebook page, but that might be a great spot to put those new graphics. Last post there was from early November.
    Quant

Finally Transport is not part of the con-setup anymore..

As health regeneration is no longer client-side calculated can we have it scale with different skills/stats? (im thinking of total hp and con-level). Should range from 2 per second on a newly created spy to maybe 6 on a con 100 Tank with 1200 total health. What do you guys think of this?
    Last edited by slith; 06-12-14 at 03:26.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Finally Transport is not part of the con-setup anymore..
    There are no TRA changes in the patch notes - so this should be unchanged.

A quick QA note on the new Visual HD Assets. There is a lot of new HD GFX, which you have spotted.

However not everything is in HD - I'll let Xortag cover that.

If you do spot something that looks a bit wrong or mis-aligned please let us know the zone name and location. Better still, post a screenshot.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    There are no TRA changes in the patch notes - so this should be unchanged.
    He means:
    Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymorep
    also, @slith-
    I definitely support a scaling regeneration system with those max/mins.

Movement behavior *WIP* - The leg-shot isn't realized through a "Inventory overloading"- hack anymorep
    Not many people knew, but leg shots where less severe when you had a lot of free load available. Put you in yellow overloading levels of runspeed malus instead of red. One of the magic tricks in neocron - like the tangent automatic pistol before the hotfix :P
    Last edited by slith; 06-12-14 at 12:30.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Magic trick, sounds like a funny name for an abuse of an exploit... lol Who makes a hotfix for magic?
    Quant

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast