Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    When we get on the test server and we hear that special requests went from one person who lives in the same country as the lead dev and they did it. Like that day. Yet in previous iterations of testing, several attempts were made to call attention to severe issues there was no action. It feels like we're there for nothing. And it makes us desperate for attention.

We love Neocron. Won't Neocron love us back, like in public near the cool kid's table at lunch?
    Okay, tell me exactly what do you want from me? Should I do some background check before starting conversation with players on the testserver to ensure that they're NOT german?

I am not able to spawn players on the testserver apart from that fact I did some changes based on suggestion from ppl around the world.

Unfortunately the most of the player are logging in doing the following steps:

Logging in, buying a gun (which was not changed so far), writing "LOL" and finally ragequitting... all I can say is:

Thank you VERY much....

The most comments are not very useful apart from that I am mostly "AFK" because I am debugging the client while I am staying online. I don't read all of the messages ingame thats why we have a forum - to post your ideas HERE instead of spamming it to death.

Only passionate because... well you read my previous post. The Neocron Launcher isn't Steam. Steam isn't a game, or a game's specialized launcher. Nor is Origin, or uPlay. they don't distribute anything but the game. If the game fails to properly package the VC redists, the game fails to launch. That game will probably sell for .25cents US in the first Steam Sale it can wiggle its way in to.
    As for the MSI packages, I assumed that may was beyond the scope of the patcher. That would clearly be the best way to do it.
    The Neocron Launchers job is to keep the game files and content up to date - not your OS. Redists and all needed runtimes came with the installer (which is not ready yet). Steam does this in one step on the initial start but its NOT dropping random runtime DLLs into the game folder.

Next time you wan't me to drop single .NET Framework runtime files into gamefolder or do install a Windows - beause its needed to run Neocron.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The first thing is to gather informations or idea for the weapons characteristic. There are already a bunch of prominent weapons which already received an update, but there are still tons left so we need to do this step by step.

I want you guys to play around with the weapons to get a feeling for the new changes.

Weapons which were updated so far:

+ Terminator
    I read up to here and already have a semi

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Okay, tell me exactly what do you want from me? Should I do some background check before starting conversation with players on the testserver to ensure that they're NOT german?
    That is a really really difficult question to answer. We, collectively, want some echo back from the NST. This engagement you and I are having right now is the BEST series of communications I have had with the NST. I know you care, if you didn't you wouldn't post back. We need help to help you the way you need to be helped. We are separated by thousands of miles so we can't really hope to see you on the test server unless you decided not to sleep. Maybe it is time for there to be a GM involved in the projects that is somewhere in North America. It gives us hope that we can communicate with someone on our hours, who knows the game as we do.

Unfortunately the most of the player are logging in doing the following steps:

Logging in, buying a gun (which was not changed so far), writing "LOL" and finally ragequitting...
    Probably the result of logging in the day before and the gun acting completely differently. You have already told us that you are changing things daily and can't take the time to inform us of everything. What QA group in the entire world do you know of that would do anything other than LOL at instructions to test a moving target with no documentation and no link to the orchestrator?

all I can say is:

Thank you VERY much....
    Welcome to why we are cynical. We can't test what we don't know changed. We don't see value in testing things when we know they are going to change again tomorrow out of our control. We're logging in there because we want to contribute. Instead, we just get frustrated. You are obviously frustrated as well. Do you think the way you speak to me and others here does anything to actually mend that stressed relationship? Don't talk to us like idiots and assholes and we will be less likely to rage all over the place.

The most comments are not very useful apart from that I am mostly "AFK" because I am debugging the client while I am staying online. I don't read all of the messages ingame thats why we have a forum - to post your ideas HERE instead of spamming it to death.
    After attempt again and again and again we're losing the faith that the forum is actually a place for discourse that is read and considered by the NST. How many threads are on the brainport that don't even have a single response? How many are there that have no response from someone in the NST? Do you read the posts? How can we know if you don't engage with us?

The Neocron Launchers job is to keep the game files and content up to date - not your OS. Redists and all needed runtimes came with the installer (which is not ready yet). Steam does this in one step on the initial start but its NOT dropping random runtime DLLs into the game folder.

Next time you wan't me to drop single .NET Framework runtime files into gamefolder or do install a Windows - beause its needed to run Neocron.
    I want you to help yourself and the players who aren't able to help themselves by including required, freely distributable libraries, in the package so you don't have to joust with me over it. You're a pro with a real job and real experience. Is it worth NOT doing this, really? The slippery slope argument is great, when you install Windows for me, can you also give me a bunch of warez like Photoshop, Acrobat, and Office?

You don't have to do jack shit for me, I enjoy the challenge of fixing things. This is entirely for you and for those who don't have that same passion in life. Make it easy for yourself. It's easy. Just put the dll's in the patcher unless you can fix the issue more eloquently.

That is an epic display of patience and good intention right there, maybe Nid (hello!) can rename your forum account to "Ghandi", … much more fitting than "Divide" in this context.

The topic of communication between community and staff has always been, and still is somewhat cringeworthy.

Might be a good idea to "waste" some dev time and take a step back to focus on the process of testing and how the NST and community contributions can best be streamlined/facilitated. Frustration is a very real problem now for anyone who shares a passion for Neocron, which I assume includes the fading NST staff.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

The Holy Frostration does more damage than the Fire Apoc and Holy Lightning now.

DAMAGEINFO - Time 1304.101 Damage (Ecstasy): WeaponID 1955, DmgID 1555, DmgFac 2.176, Energy 217.604, Effect 0.000, Height 48.000
    DamageCause: PSI!
    DamageType: Collision!
    INS - FIR: 43.521
    INS - ENR: 174.083

DAMAGEINFO - Time 1309.549 Damage (Ecstasy): WeaponID 1875, DmgID 1525, DmgFac 1.480, Energy 147.982, Effect 0.000, Height 48.000
    INS - FIR: 147.982

DAMAGEINFO - Time 1561.116 Damage (Ecstasy): WeaponID 1835, DmgID 1510, DmgFac 1.626, Energy 162.558, Effect 0.000, Height 36.000
    INS - ENR: 162.558

Edit: Ahh ok I see that you also edit the frequency. But if the Holy Lightning has the highest frequency the damage should be lower as the damage of the Holy Fire Apoc and Holy Frostration, right? This is not the case at the moment.
    Last edited by Massaker; 04-12-14 at 22:44.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    That is an epic display of patience and good intention right there, maybe Nid (hello!) can rename your forum account to "Ghandi", … much more fitting than "Divide" in this context.
    Never imagined in a million years reading something like that. Thanks!

Don't talk to us like idiots and assholes and we will be less likely to rage all over the place.
    Ha, that one is actually easy. Don't act like such in the first place and nobody will feel the need to address you as those!

After attempt again and again and again we're losing the faith that the forum is actually a place for discourse that is read and considered by the NST. How many threads are on the brainport that don't even have a single response? How many are there that have no response from someone in the NST? Do you read the posts? How can we know if you don't engage with us?
    Well, are they supposed to respond to each post individually now? Also where else would you dump feedback if not here or the IRC?
    They sure as hell won't receive your feedback if you only moan about stuff to your clan mates on your TS or on the OOC channel.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    the usual

yeah, ok

Everyone, player, and GM, and whoever else, just needs to calm down. Before I start typing like Captain Kirk, speaks.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

former king of saturn

Pyrolizer nanites still cause several hundreds points of damage to the user. This has been around and documented every patch level by yours truly since 186.

Noted Divide. Perhaps it could be easier to note that in the bug report in a file for those specific nanites, and then each time a new patch comes out, update it with the newest patch number, for specific record keeping!
    Quant

former king of saturn

It appears team creation may be a constant source of crashing as well. You can invite, but when someone clicks accept, both players crash.

/edit:
    Just happened again.

/edit:
    Happens when you are close enough to someone to actually see them on local or see their HP in team. Seems others already know a bit about it.
    Last edited by Divide; 05-12-14 at 23:38.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Noted Divide. Perhaps it could be easier to note that in the bug report in a file for those specific nanites, and then each time a new patch comes out, update it with the newest patch number, for specific record keeping!

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...comes-unusable

Updating

Hrm, I am in an LE team of 3 none of us have crashed in about 2 hours...

I joined your post on the nanites, though I have never yet used them myself. Perhaps it will help Divide. Have faith... otherwise why are we here? lol!
    Quant

The team crash is fixed in the next update its because of a "division through 0" - the players health is not synced in the right time.

Me is building a new version of the client right now including a much better health sync, mobs with much more life and a hopefully working fix for the rezz bug. The legshot stun effect was increased a little bit.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast