Good point Divide, ther is no reason why players should have to modify files or moves things around to be able to launch either testserver or normal client. It would be a lot less hassle for everyone involved if the agme was actually able to launch all by itself, a radical idea I know, but still.

As for Zoltan writing what changes he has made, of course he should. He should notify us of the changes made, and then the players test them out. That would be the normal way of doing tests. Do you imagine that when they make modifications to say a car and hand it to testdrivers they do not tell them the changes made to the car and how they want the car tested? It would be a waste of time for players to have to search for changes, time that could be used for testing.

I would suggest the team (and Slith) take a more open attitude to the players who want to do tests, and have shown their willingness.

So stop making people search for the changes. Just post them , tell us specifically what you want tested and then accept the feedback you get. I assure you that this would make for a significantly better testing environment for all.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Here is a slow motion video clip of Falk Keegan using a jump hack on his pe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HItp...ature=youtu.be
    haha falk is jumpman23?

Default Air Falks

Nike are thinking of getting Falk onboard and making a new trainer called Air Falks!

Makes you jump 3 times as high :P

Here is a slow motion video clip of Falk Keegan using a jump hack on his pe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HItp...ature=youtu.be

Wow.... that is just crazy. I hear Nike are dumping Michael Jordan and are now going over to making Air Falks instead.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

The advert would be awesome!!!

AIR FALKS, THE FLIGHT OF TOMORROW.. TODAY!

With Air Falks you can gain extra air while jumping, only $99.99 get your new pair of Air Falks today at a discounted price.

GO ON TRY THEM OUT NOW!

Disclaimer: Nike and Air Falks cannot accept any responsiblity of injury or damage to yourself, property or anyone else around you! (Fast Spoken)

All i ask is for people to play fair...why do you need the advantage? does it make the game more enjoyable to you?

All i ask is for people to play fair...why do you need the advantage? does it make the game more enjoyable to you?
    I think people do it because they dont have the skill to follow up fighting people in game and they hide that they are super trash :P

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

It seems that Zoltan's examining an iterative process to balance, trying new things quickly, and on the fly changes in a test environment, and I don't see how that can be bad. Maybe there's a PR gaffe here, but this thread appears to be getting pretty silly - especially when this seems like a massive goal of NC's for a long time.

Watching the video a few times, it looks like one of the Psi Monks, has a pair of Air Falks as well. Right about the 4-5 second mark. Watch it a few times.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ View Post
    It seems that Zoltan's examining an iterative process to balance, trying new things quickly, and on the fly changes in a test environment, and I don't see how that can be bad. Maybe there's a PR gaffe here, but this thread appears to be getting pretty silly - especially when this seems like a massive goal of NC's for a long time.
    Golly Gee Wilickers! Deliberateness and rationality! Here, at this place!

Gotta dispense with the late-night snacks I guess... I start seeing things...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Watching the video a few times, it looks like one of the Psi Monks, has a pair of Air Falks as well. Right about the 4-5 second mark. Watch it a few times.
    That ppu was already standing on the second level when he jumped...that is what a normal jump looks like...watch falk jump from the bottom level almost to the ceiling lol that is not normal...

Here is a link in super slow motion so you can see that ppu was standing on the 2nd level before he jumped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEmM...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Tino; 02-12-14 at 05:33.

former king of saturn

The First Love is 4 shots again. All is right with the world.

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    The First Love is 4 shots again. All is right with the world.
    It's not bloody burst dmg insane like the dissie is it?! If not - awesome.

As well as the Slasher being a rapid fire pistol.

I'll be on the test server again asap, but... this sounds good.

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

well ill be john brown!!! look at what i came home too.
    @ drachenpaladin, there were 2 files that the installer didnt install. zoltan wants everyone to believe that their system works when it really doesnt for a LOT of people. he seems to not understand that i spent 2 whole days trying to get on the test server using his methods and they didnt work, and all he has to say is read the first page. yea....go fuck a duck tbh. any who the 2 files that we all had to download and install were msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll. we found out what to download by trying to launch the client outright and getting the error message msvcr120.dll is missing. then once we installed that it was missing the other file. of course we already posted this on the "how to get on vedeena" thread
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Please add stacking damage to Wyatt Earp please. Like it was in NC1, that would be glorious.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast