I might have missed it but... what exactly got changed about those weapons, in how far are they different? I yet have to lom up a char to rare level. Only balancing changes or anything else to look out for?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Zoltan appears to have made a great deal of changes to weapon handling/parameters on the test server using soft patches, I've observed the following changes:

Note that these aren't official notes in any way, simply my observations of the changes in place on Vedeena. Also, I will have definitely missed things (and I haven't even tested APU spells and Melee weapons).

Rifles:

- Terminator does significantly more damage.
    - Time between shots in Pain Easer burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ionic Shotgun Rifle frequency significantly increased.
    - Time between shots in SWAT Assault Rifle burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ray of God is now a burst fire weapon, firing four shots per burst in quick succession.
    - Time between shots in Reaper Assault Rifle burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Desperado damage increased. Frequency appears to have increased slightly.
    - Time between Libra bursts decreased, stamina drain decreased slightly.
    - AK frequency increased and time between bursts decreased.
    - Healing Light is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.
    - First Love now fires four shots per burst (up from two).
    - Silent Hunter damage increased.

Pistols:

- Wyatt Earp damage increased.
    - Time between shots in Liberator burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ionic Shotgun Pistol now holds one round, as it did previously.
    - Slasher is now a single shot weapon with a very high frequency.
    - Beam of Hell is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.
    - Ray of Last Hope is now a burst fire weapon, firing four shots per burst in quick succession.

Heavy:

- Creed is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.

Quote Originally Posted by landofcake View Post
    Zoltan appears to have made a great deal of changes to weapon handling/parameters on the test server using soft patches, I've observed the following changes:

Note that these aren't official notes in any way, simply my observations of the changes in place on Vedeena. Also, I will have definitely missed things (and I haven't even tested APU spells and Melee weapons).

Rifles:

- Terminator does significantly more damage.
    - Time between shots in Pain Easer burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ionic Shotgun Rifle frequency significantly increased.
    - Time between shots in SWAT Assault Rifle burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ray of God is now a burst fire weapon, firing four shots per burst in quick succession.
    - Time between shots in Reaper Assault Rifle burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Desperado damage increased. Frequency appears to have increased slightly.
    - Time between Libra bursts decreased, stamina drain decreased slightly.
    - AK frequency increased and time between bursts decreased.
    - Healing Light is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.
    - First Love now fires four shots per burst (up from two).
    - Silent Hunter damage increased.

Pistols:

- Wyatt Earp damage increased.
    - Time between shots in Liberator burst is significantly reduced. Time between bursts appears increased slightly.
    - Ionic Shotgun Pistol now holds one round, as it did previously.
    - Slasher is now a single shot weapon with a very high frequency.
    - Beam of Hell is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.
    - Ray of Last Hope is now a burst fire weapon, firing four shots per burst in quick succession.

Heavy:

- Creed is now a burst fire weapon, firing three shots per burst in quick succession.
    ^ This. There are far more modified weapons in the meanwhile. I think its a good way to let YOU find out what weapons are affected by these changes.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    ^ This. There are far more modified weapons in the meanwhile. I think its a good way to let YOU find out what weapons are affected by these changes.
    thats complete rubbish zoltan. not telling what has changed so we can PROPERLY test stuff is just bs man
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

Quote Originally Posted by gstyle40 View Post
    thats complete rubbish zoltan. not telling what has changed so we can PROPERLY test stuff is just bs man
    Things have been changed, things keep getting changed, stats and handling are changing several times a day from what I observed. I couldn't be arsed to write a full changelog every 20 minutes either when literally NOTHING is finalized and can change by someone just requesting it in ingame chat*. So STFU, join in and help & contribute instead of complaining here.

You write about properly testing stuff when you have no inclination to do so. I haven't seen you around on Vedeena in the last 2 weeks - and I was online basically non stop - always there to help as a crash test dummy and target with several accounts full of different characters and setup combinations to shoot at or shoot with and a totally overloaded excel sheet open in the background in a foolish attempt of keeping track of and calculating with all of the changes.

And then you randomly hop in this thread and decide to blabble some bullshit about you can't test properly without a changelog...

Get your head straight. What Zoltan wrote is actually a good idea: Get on the Testserver and see for yourself. Sadly seems to be the only way to actually get people there - curiosity.

*) I told him Malediction needs a slightly higher freq, the people who where online at that time will forever remember what happened next :P
    Last edited by slith; 01-12-14 at 09:45.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Without being on the test server yet. It does help to know at least which weapons to test, to see if we "notice" a change. I haven't played in years, so I wouldn't even know what I am supposed to be noticing in the first place. It helps to be a bit calmer, and less dramatic. People see things from different angles, and perspectives. I would suggest watching the Bruce Lee video, about being like water....
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Things have been changed, things keep getting changed, stats and handling are changing several times a day from what I observed. I couldn't be arsed to write a full changelog every 20 minutes either when literally NOTHING is finalized and can change by someone just requesting it in ingame chat*. So STFU, join in and help & contribute instead of complaining here.

You write about properly testing stuff when you have no inclination to do so. I haven't seen you around on Vedeena in the last 2 weeks - and I was online basically non stop - always there to help as a crash test dummy and target with several accounts full of different characters and setup combinations to shoot at or shoot with and a totally overloaded excel sheet open in the background in a foolish attempt of keeping track of and calculating with all of the changes.

And then you randomly hop in this thread and decide to blabble some bullshit about you can't test properly without a changelog...

Get your head straight. What Zoltan wrote is actually a good idea: Get on the Testserver and see for yourself. Sadly seems to be the only way to actually get people there - curiosity.

*) I told him Malediction needs a slightly higher freq, the people who where online at that time will forever remember what happened next :P
    actually, ive been trying to get on the test server for days since i came home from my wedding anniversary vacation and i have posted in other threads about my entire clan not being able to get on until Divide figured out what our problem was. then i was on the test server almost non stop ever since. let me see....ming the merciless, yahoo, chick magnet, kenny buchanon oh, and mace were the characters i was on yesterday while were playing with your malediction.

i guess that entier post u just made goes to shit now, but my point still stands. if u make changes to stuff, not knowing what the changes are and just trying stuff may be fun for some, but for others its like shooting fish in a barrel. i would rather know what im supposed to go test rather than just trying every gun and seeing if its changed. and im not the only one who feels that way....so...i guess now u should STFU eh?
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

i have posted in other threads about my entire clan not being able to get on until Divide figured out what our problem was. then i was on the test server almost non stop ever since. let me see...
    What was the issue and how did you resolve it? In case someone else runs into the same problem that might be good to know.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

actually, ive been trying to get on the test server for days since i came home from my wedding anniversary vacation and i have posted in other threads about my entire clan not being able to get on until Divide figured out what our problem was.
    The problem was NOT reading the Patchnotes / Test annoucements carefully.

then i was on the test server almost non stop ever since. let me see....ming the merciless, yahoo, chick magnet, kenny buchanon oh, and mace were the characters i was on yesterday while were playing with your malediction.
    Slith's malediction?

i guess that entier post u just made goes to shit now, but my point still stands. if u make changes to stuff, not knowing what the changes are and just trying stuff may be fun for some, but for others its like shooting fish in a barrel. i would rather know what im supposed to go test rather than just trying every gun and seeing if its changed. and im not the only one who feels that way....so...i guess now u should STFU eh?
    Okay so I can spend my whole free time by writing and updating updates informations on this forum, which you and your friends didn't gave the needed attention (see first quote) ... yes

~ OR ~

I can spend my time with bugfixing, balancing and feature development.

And to be honest, I can't hear or read the "and im not the only one" argument anymore this argument simply doesn't count for me

There were about ~12 ppl. on the testserver to test their favorite weapons instead of writing posts about missed details.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Fuck this shit Mace, they obviously don't want our input. Just let falk/zoltan do whatever he wants with the server, it's whats going to happen anyway. This is what you get for trying to help...

Me and Kame told you moooooonths ago that trying to balance all the weapons using just a curve will not fix your problems when it comes to balancing...there are too many factors in neocron to do that...you have to change each weapon individually like it was done in the past...i honestly do not care if Zoltan makes changes without telling us as long as they get fixed...in the end its in his hands to kill the game or make it awesome again! Mace i would suggest that you stop testing since they only listen to German runners and just sit back like me and watch =) Only thing we can do now is tell them our opinion and see if they actually listen...case in point not listening to me and Kame which wasted 4 months of everyones time and dropped the population to all time lows...Desperation time is now Zoltan and i think your gonna rise to the challenge...just make the changes that need to be made to fix the game play and people will come back...im either gonna be cursing your name or praising it...hoping for praising it <3

Tino 4 President of NC 2016

"So STFU, join in and help & contribute instead of complaining here.
    And then you randomly hop in this thread and decide to blabble some bullshit about you can't test properly without a changelog..."

Hey Falk Keegan i think you should STFU since you clearly do not care about neocron and use hacks to gain an advantage in pvp and ruin the game.

Anyone that wants to see video footage of Falk Keegan cheating please youtube Neocron Falk Keegan Hacks Turned On...@ time 18:30 in the video Falk Keegan's pe jumps into the air triple the height a normal person can jump in neocron...before you start trash talking legit runners in neocron maybe you should stop hacking the game

Here is the link to Falk Keegan hacking neocron http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeTiBEAGUdY
    Last edited by Tino; 02-12-14 at 01:36.

Here is a slow motion video clip of Falk Keegan using a jump hack on his pe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HItp...ature=youtu.be

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The problem was NOT reading the Patchnotes / Test annoucements carefully.

The REAL problem was additional dependencies were introduced and the game didn't take care of it. This game may be coded from back when I barely had hair on my nutsack, but it's not that same day in age. You don't get to expect your playerbase to lift a finger other than to key in their passwords. The "fix" was like 1.4mb of redistributable binaries that you can drop into your Neocron folder. Something well within the capabilities of the NC Patcher.

/edit:
    When was the last time WoW players had to manually install anything to support that game? Never. Blizzard does it for them. Just like Apple does everything for their users. Get with the program. It's not the 90's or the early 2000's. PC Gamers aren't de-facto PC Geeks any longer.

Hey as long as Ionic's are playable again i am happy, i heard they were good and would like to try one out on my tank if they get fixed too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast