Default [R#191] T#192 / 193 / 194 / 195 - Patch Discussion

Feel free to talk about your experiences with the patch here.

We need to gather information about the stability because this is an very experimental version of Neocron with a complete new runtime.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

-A bug which leads to a sudden death after 'syncing' should be fixed
    I still died today, took me like 25 syncs and i got around 1/6 hp on both screens when a stack killed me. (120hp)

-A bug with sanctum spells which 'overcasts' better psi manipulations should be fixed
    Holy Shields still get overcasted by crahn Sanctums

-A new option has been added to the Hardware Configuration window, players can now toggle dynamic lighting on Non-Player-Characters
    Didnt really see any difference, but at least the game doesnt crash

-A new category "FEEDBACK" has been added to the bugtracker
    Yeah thats true, but did you guys also get my Test message?

No more terminals to get everywhere? And that lazy Z's warp bitch also doesnt like to warp me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    -A bug which leads to a sudden death after 'syncing' should be fixed
    I still died today, took me like 25 syncs and i got around 1/6 hp on both screens when a stack killed me. (120hp)
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore
    -A bug with sanctum spells which 'overcasts' better psi manipulations should be fixed
    Holy Shields still get overcasted by crahn Sanctums
    Crap ;/

-A new option has been added to the Hardware Configuration window, players can now toggle dynamic lighting on Non-Player-Characters
    Didnt really see any difference, but at least the game doesnt crash

-A new category "FEEDBACK" has been added to the bugtracker
    Yeah thats true, but did you guys also get my Test message?

No more terminals to get everywhere? And that lazy Z's warp bitch also doesnt like to warp me there.
    Yes and no but I guess the content team will surprise you with some terminals ;p
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Okay, I have applied a fix on the server.

Dot+Sync = Death bug should be fixed
    Buff + Low Health = Death bug should also be fixed.
    Leaving Hacknet = Death bug but it needs to be tested by the community.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 19-11-14 at 00:01.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Leaving Hacknet = Death bug but it needs to be tested by the community.
    Just to clarify it's this bug that has (Hopefully) been fixed - http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...hacknet-zoning. Any help testing this one would be welcomed.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

that screenshot clearly shows better dynamic lighting, damnit, I don't have a windows partition on my mac currently to log on and test things. I'll sort this tomorrow, in the mean time, any more screenshots?

Feedback anyone?
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

feedback bout yesterday testing;

short version: AWESOME

long version:
    Deathsync finally seems fixed.
    dynamic lightning looked damn great.
    Weapon Changes are pretty cool, hope for more weapons to come. Will there be some changes on the stam use of weapons? Cause the Slasher is eating up your stam faster then gatling.
    How good those changes ll work in real pvp, not only a bit reactor room shooting, we ll see when there are probably more people on the server but the first impressions are okay.

Suggestions:
    Will there also come a change on stack weapons? Like devourer is doing 2 stack damage in pvp atm, thats just crap. Fire apoc and poison beam could also become stackable again.
    We need something done with the hitzones. Broken legs are always a players death in op fights as long as its not a spy or pe cause of stealth. Falk already made a suggestion bout that (more health for the leg region) or legs could only be hurt below 50% health...

so keep up the good work and see you soon on the testserver again

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Will there be some changes on the stam use of weapons? Cause the Slasher is eating up your stam faster then gatling.
    There are a number of factors that affect how a weapon performs (and frequently, how it is perceived to perform) aside from the pure DPM.

The aiming values for each weapon are different. So even if the weapons are DPM-balanced, some weapons will end up performing better or worse than their TL says they should. The range value given to a weapon also affects how it aims. Some weapons appear to hold lock better than others and many (often, but not exclusively, burst weapons) will hit less often with partial lock than others.

As I/we mentioned in the past; this is a multi-stage process. Each layer needs to be addressed in turn. This can easily result in imbalances between weapons that are unrelated to another layer. One weapon that might be otherwise a theoretically balanced choice becomes either a necessity or a waste of time.

So, the DPM balancing is just one layer, it will not fix the viability of any given weapon in of itself, and was not intended to do so in the first place.

Often people will see a weapon that they think does poor damage and ask for it to be made more powerful, without realising that an attribute of that weapon other than it's DPM is to blame.

One pitfall that can occur here is that all the weapons can become 'samey'; the only distinction being their TL. The style of each weapon should be different. Some people prefer tracking a target with a rapid-fire weapon, others prefer a slower weapon that they can place shots with, some people like something inbetween. There are pros and cons to both types and that choice/availability should be available to players. Each weapon type should have a distinction, and any choice of weapon type should be viable. In fact, I would like it if the primary reason for choosing a weapon is how a player liked it, rather than anything else - building a setup around that weapon choice.

PvP mainly occurs at short range, so we have to make sure the accuracy of weapons [intended for end-game use] is equal in that environment. As mentioned, this is not as simple as giving all weapons the same aiming value as range and the availability of aiming skills are different for each weapon and class respectively.

Aiming, range and stamina use are all aspects of balancing that need to be addressed, but we need to avoid letting imbalances in those areas affecting our choices/judgements in others.

Some of the points made about weapons balance raise the issue of high TL weapons being more viable.
    This is a product mainly of the implant and PA system that promotes the use of high TL weapons, and not a problem with the weapons themselves. Upcoming implant changes, both in the short- and long- term should address this issue.

Will there also come a change on stack weapons? Like devourer is doing 2 stack damage in pvp atm, thats just crap. Fire apoc and poison beam could also become stackable again.
    Weapons that do DoT effects are set at 10% of their DPM as stack damage.
    If you look at how a weapon applies it's damage, then the total dmg a stack does (not just it's per-tick damage) is part of the total damage it does per shot.
    Flamer stacks do 8 'ticks' of damage (or should do), so if they do 2 dmg per tick, then that's a total of 16 dmg per stack, this would then be paired with 144 instant damage (for a total of 160).
    It's still doing 10% DPM via DoT, but it appears as 'inconsequential' in gameplay.

The proportion of DPM that a weapon's DoT effect does we can alter. What that proportion is, we can discuss.

We need something done with the hitzones. Broken legs are always a players death in op fights as long as its not a spy or pe cause of stealth. Falk already made a suggestion bout that (more health for the leg region) or legs could only be hurt below 50% health...
    I'll have to ask, but yes, I agree. Lack of player control only breeds frustration.
    How much leg-zone damage affects run-speed is something to be looked at, though currently it is not a priority (and afaik, is a hard-coded element, so it's not something we can change as fast as other things).
    Last edited by Bragi; 26-11-14 at 02:48.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Some of the points made about weapons balance raise the issue of high TL weapons being more viable.
    This is a product mainly of the implant and PA system that promotes the use of high TL weapons, and not a problem with the weapons themselves. Upcoming implant changes, both in the short- and long- term should address this issue.
    That implant change is one of the most needed changes. Those xx,xx falues are a pain in the ass and some implants are just crap (marine,moveon,all monk implants), also there needs to be changes in the powerarmor slot, atm the pas are so damn more powerfull then nonepa version, probably except for tank. The underwear slowes you even more down then a pa, grants no dmg skill buff and has low resists even sometimes -resists

the only problem i see at the moment is that if monk implants get falues like the other implants (dex or str for example) the dmg output should increase by a certain amount and dont you have to rebalance apu/ppu again?

btw, thanks for that long and detailed post bragi

Sidenote: Server update applied.

• The Quickbelt-Bug should be solved now
    • "Softpatch" deployment should work now for all clients.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Sorry what was in the new patch that you guys would like us to try out? I don't know if the patch notes are posted somewhere?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Zoltan said something about new weapon modifications or something? What exactly do you want us to test?

The first thing is to gather informations or idea for the weapons characteristic. There are already a bunch of prominent weapons which already received an update, but there are still tons left so we need to do this step by step.

I want you guys to play around with the weapons to get a feeling for the new changes.

Weapons which were updated so far:

+ Terminator
    + Liberator
    + Wyatt Earp
    + SWAT Backup Gun
    + CREED
    + Cursed Soul
    + Slasher
    + First Love
    + Doom Beamer
    + Ionic Shotgun Rifle
    + Ionic Shotgun Pistol
    + Dreadfire
    + Silent Hunter
    + FAR Reaper
    + Ray of God
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast