Thanks for the update Zoltan. Can I ask.. well I guess I am asking. What do you mean, building a "new version of the client" Can you describe to an idiot like me, what that means?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Thanks for the update Zoltan. Can I ask.. well I guess I am asking. What do you mean, building a "new version of the client" Can you describe to an idiot like me, what that means?
    He is taking the source code that he has been brutalizing to fix the bugs and then "builds" it -> The source code gets converted by the compiler to form a actual program windows can execute. Once it has been "built" it can then be send to the players/server as a update.

Not exactly correct but close enough.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

So basically above my knowledge, lol. I was thinking it was like a new updater, haha! Log in thing. Going back to playing, thanks Slith!
    Quant

former king of saturn

Basically, he is committing new/updated code for client.exe, the most central component to the user-side of the game.

I will believe you guys. I don't know anything about programing in that fashion. I am a CNC operator, and set up guy. lol factory stuff.
    Quant

former king of saturn

client.exe is what the launcher launches. If you skipped the launcher and double-clicked client.exe in your Neocron folder, the game would start and you would go to the logon screen. Basically, think of it as "Neocron itself" for lack of a better way to define it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456