Default Toxikk Gameplay Footage

You guys might be aware of Reakktor's FPS game they're working on 'Toxikk'

Just been having a look round their website and found a video.

Love the grunge feel to the map, kinda how I'd imagine neocron to look if it was made today.

They have jetpacks

Well I look forward to play Toxikk, though I do not think it will catch me like Neocron did more than a decade ago. There are some neat ideas in there what I believe will become standard (like walljumping and the jetpack I mentioned), although there is already 'better' movement in Urbanterror. Single player games had it much earlier too, guess it just took the developer of multiplayer games a lot longer to integrate those features and tune the netcode, so it does not backfire.

Yet another MMOFPS? We'll see. My optimal game would be Neocron with a decent engine, rich movement features like Urbanterror, combined with the speed of Toxikk and the playeramount of WoW. I wish MJS another fine success

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    Well I look forward to play Toxikk, though I do not think it will catch me like Neocron did more than a decade ago.
    How can someone compare an Arena FPS with a MMORPGFPS... ?!

Does... not... compute...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Same as i compare cars, even if one is a sportscar and another a family van. I compare the stuff I want, i.e. mileage, engine reliability, seats, mileage and so on.

Yes, one is completely different than the other, yet my needs stay the same :P

Well I gotta say the environment featured on this level with its bladerunner esc feel, multi level format is certainly reminisc of Neocron. And certainly what I would expect a future incarnation to look like, shame it's not an mmo!

Closed - Until Further Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    Well I gotta say the environment featured on this level with its bladerunner esc feel, multi level format is certainly reminisc of Neocron. And certainly what I would expect a future incarnation to look like, shame it's not an mmo!
    I felt exactly the same way watching the video, I guess an mmo would be too expensive and risky for them. I doubt I'll ever play Toxikk but I hope it does well.

The console FOV is certainly not "back to the roots" and definitly not "designed exlusively for PC". Other than that it kinda looks promising - like a Unreal Tournament 3 that is not shitty. And Reakktor do have a talent for cyberpunk asthetics.
    Last edited by slith; 11-11-14 at 14:11.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

Looks like another temporarily fun game but Neocron is permanent fun, so you guys better stay with us hehe

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

Neocron would look quite horny in that suite.

In fact, i can see Nc-style artwork within Toxikk. Just look at that rifle, could be a Nc Laser Rifle 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    In fact, i can see Nc-style artwork within Toxikk. Just look at that rifle, could be a Nc Laser Rifle 2014
    Pff, not just the rifle, the helmet of the Exon-guy is the spiting image of the Tank PA.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^