Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Neocron as it stands.

I have been thinking about this for about 2 months now, finally i bring it to the forum.

Something needs to be done about Neocron, something new....

A lot of people are sick of doing the same thing day in day out, Neocron is slowly dieing again if people like it or not.

I go out farming every day, i trade every day.

This gets so boring and i am starting to give up with this game that i have only played for 5 months, it is just the same shit day in day out. People running the server are too butt-hurt to admit they need help, also they wont let anyone else help. There are many skilled players in this game who could help with coding parts of the game to make it right, to make new things available in game instead of the same items, same rare parts, same rare weapons, same leveling places. All i heard from people when they are leveling is regants, regants, regants. Can something not be added to the game to spice things up again, to bring people back to the game.

You know what it does to a person to do the same thing day in day out.

The population is dying as i said, hardly any OP fights anymore, same people, same clans. Nothing new at all and i think something new is what Neocron needs for a boost.

I know the people running the server have full time jobs too, i am not saying quit your jobs and work on a game thats however many years old, just do something with it a bit at a time to bring life back into it. And the main thing make it fun to play again.

For someone who started 5 months ago wanting to quit already is something you should be careful about, there is no other game out there like Neocron, i go out and hunt tech parts because i want to be able to build rare weapons and trade them also trade mc5 chips to people. Going out and getting 30 parts each day and getting the same shit all the time to me is pointless, going to regants or elfarid or CRP caves all the time to try and grind your way on a character is getting to the point of being pointless. It is destroying the game.

Please feel free to tell me your opinions on what i wrote, would be nice to have some input from the heart of Neocron and that heart is the community.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJinx View Post
    [...]People running the server are too butt-hurt to admit they need help, also they wont let anyone else help. There are many skilled players in this game who could help with coding parts of the game to make it right, to make new things available in game instead of the same items, same rare parts, same rare weapons, same leveling places. [...]
    The email for applications are still working, announcements were made over and over again, there is also a "Job" section on our frontpage. So me is wondering where are all these skilled players now? Unfortunately the most of the applicants didn't met the needed requirements to work on Neocron or getting MIA.

To be honestly, I can't read or hear these "They don't want help" lines anymore As I stated in many different posts before we are AWARE of these issues but we don't have the resources or at least a magic wand to make Neocron a better place within seconds.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

People running the server are too butt-hurt to admit they need help, also they wont let anyone else help. There are many skilled players in this game who could help with coding parts of the game to make it right, to make new things available in game
    /links added Zoltan was referring to

This page: http://www.neocron-game.com/jobs has been online for ~8 months now.

This posting is more than a year old : Team Expansion

and as Zoltan already said, applications@neocron-game.com does work too.
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Yea in no way is the team at fault, they are the ones keeping the game alive.

The team needs more people and they need to be highly talented, its as simple as that.

as long as no real progress is made in supporting the operations and development with a solid funding scheme, Neocron will remain in limbo and on life support. there is only so much you can do with volunteers.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

given the time and effort the volunteers apparently pour into this project, this is both sad and worrying.
    is anyone looking at this, wondering why?

P.S.: dont do this graph for weekday average - it is slightly more depressing.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

We had the highest player count in Q1 2013, read the patchnotes and remember what happend to the game.
    Just 2 hints: Excessive abuse of drones (!) and the move from one DC to the current. We decided to start the balancing in Q3 of 2013 - tons of internal change were made to prepare and support the balancing project. In this time there was no real feature development.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

It has impressed me since the start and it impresses me till this day; the fact that the support crew finds a way to take all of the slack they receive despite the service they provide.

Be grateful for what they provide and if you think you can help then I suggest you make a stand and help!

You know what it does to a person to do the same thing day in day out.
    steve. if you dont want to do it, because you think its boring, just stop doing it. and i'm perfectly sure you havent seen everything in Neocron.

Did you explore the dome? Have you visited the mines? did you crawl though all 3 secret passages? farming techs can get somewhat... less exciting after a few months, so stop it and start a new char. did you do all the epic runs? learn all of the lore? did you run a player shop already? (i did, and it's lots of RP fun) or just start ninjaing other people's OPs. Neocron is a vast playground. call in all your friends, avoid going to regants more than once a year and you'll be fine.

i started playing NC in late 02, and i came back repeatedly. just because it's so great to be here. questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Did you explore the dome? Have you visited the mines? did you crawl though all 3 secret passages? farming techs can get somewhat... less exciting after a few months, so stop it and start a new char. did you do all the epic runs? learn all of the lore? did you run a player shop already? (i did, and it's lots of RP fun) or just start ninjaing other people's OPs. Neocron is a vast playground. call in all your friends, avoid going to regants more than once a year and you'll be fine.
    I'd assume this might be related:
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

As i said i am not blaiming the team in anyway and as i said i am aware that they have full time jobs. Just something needs to be done there side, or our side with the community. Thats why i posted to get peoples views.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post

given the time and effort the volunteers apparently pour into this project, this is both sad and worrying.
    is anyone looking at this, wondering why?

P.S.: dont do this graph for weekday average - it is slightly more depressing.
    That's pretty devastating.

Ruhr Valley Inquisitor ‡ Stormlord ‡'s Avatar

I personally think that in times like these where a volunteer team is running a game which has been given up by its company years ago the best we can do is just talking about new content ideas for the game, support the neocron team, talk and spam your friends about the game, just simply do buzz marketing. Ask yourself what you can do for the game not what the game can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet
    Dude, Calvin Stormlords just camr back, dont help him out!

I just wanna know what kind of op fight I missed that made 100 people rage quit at 8pm on 7th Oct 12. That must have been a serious beatdown.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Sorry about that Will ill take the blame for those rage quits...just too good @ nc haha =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast