Thread: Hello friends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hello friends

Hi there. Just found out about this game 2 days ago and personally cannot believe how awesome the game is. The last MMO I really played with a passion was Darkfall Online, and when that shut down myself and my group of friends began to search for another game that incorporated manual combat, open world PvP, and player looting.

I bumped into GM Baldur within the first few minutes of playing, and he showed me the ropes. Einem Hersteller generously made me a few swords, and today Turbonator helped me pwn some mutants that were far above my level. So I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the community so far and cannot wait to develop my character and start PvPing.

However, we're not just the type of sort to grief people and pk randomly, and no we're not the Call of Duty kiddie crowd either. DFO had a deep grind that we all took part in because we knew there was fun to be had (even though the DFO community the last year or so was only about 400 concurrent subs). What I mean to say is, we don't mind running around for an hour if we KNOW there's going to be some fighting.

I have a few questions about the game in general so I can relay some information to my buddies (as well as some personal questions for my own build in game )

1) Do people actively PvP? Population is not an issue here really, so long as the PvP is fun and happens semi-regularly (as stated earlier, DFO's population for the last year was far short of impressive)
    2) How long does it take to become PvP viable? And is PvP very dependent on having a nice character with nice gear, or can you outplay someone with a superior character and superior gear?
    3) Outside of PvPing and grinding your character, what other activities exist in Neocron?
    4) Where the hell can I get a haircut in game?

Personal questions:
    1) As a berserker, the character skill email only really advised teching into 4 skills (M-C, T-C, Athletics, and Agility). Do I just dump everything into those skills?
    2) I found the Tech Haven Wiki and am curious, does it pay to push your stats beyond those values? What I mean here is, does the M-C skill actually affect your melee damage output? Or does upgrading the skill simply give you access to higher end weapons?
    3) Armor; what's the meta here? Or are you free to pick and choose between light and heavy armor based on preference?

Thanks so much for reading and having me as part of the community. Haven't had this much fun in a long time. My ign is Brendan Murphy, and my Steam Id is bmurph101 if anyone wants to contact me there.

Also, an fyi, myself and my friends are all American/Canadian players, so our off hours are your primetime I think.

welcome, runner!

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    1) Do people actively PvP? Population is not an issue here really, so long as the PvP is fun and happens semi-regularly (as stated earlier, DFO's population for the last year was far short of impressive)
    2) How long does it take to become PvP viable? And is PvP very dependent on having a nice character with nice gear, or can you outplay someone with a superior character and superior gear?
    3) Outside of PvPing and grinding your character, what other activities exist in Neocron?

Personal questions:
    1) As a berserker, the character skill email only really advised teching into 4 skills (M-C, T-C, Athletics, and Agility). Do I just dump everything into those skills?
    2) I found the Tech Haven Wiki and am curious, does it pay to push your stats beyond those values? What I mean here is, does the M-C skill actually affect your melee damage output? Or does upgrading the skill simply give you access to higher end weapons?
    3) Armor; what's the meta here? Or are you free to pick and choose between light and heavy armor based on preference?
    1 yes, there's a whole lot of PvP going on, just for fun but mostly organized in clans and for possession of wasteland outposts.
    2 you want to cap or near-cap your char to get equal chances. start PvP at any level if losing a fight isnt a problem for you.
    3 you want to explore the vast world, get all kinds of items, socialize a lot and raise additional chars, for crafting, trading etc.
    4 nowhere

+1, +2 you want to put lots of your STR skillpoints into MC. yes this will make you stronger. also lots of agility and athletics. TC is just a minimum requirement. but PRC and FOR are also needed for defence. also look for a good balance of resists under CON.
    +3 no, you want the best armour available.

and yes, Neocron is a hidden gem among MMOs. especially our non-european players will welcome you for time shift reasons.

have fun. and a happy and productive day, of course.

^^ Ignore that City Admin SCUM!!

Currently the only main ppl active besides lone wolves & randomers, are us, and 2 German clans. There's 1 UK/Eng clan but they dont log on enough. We told em to last night when they logged on & fought us tho. lol So Having another us/can clan around to OP fight against would be awesome. Also, this game gets more & more complex the closer you get to cap & after cap. If yall wanna hop on our TS and play with us until we/yall get equipped for end-game fights, it wouldnt be the first clan we've helped build.

ANS: http://stats.techhaven.org/en This site updates frequently on Outpost activity. Outpost fights ("OP fights") are what end-game is alllll about. It's not some boring arrange a team & fight another team till they're dead. All the outposts in the wastelands would be attackable by your clan. 3 layers have to be hacked (requires 110+ hacking skill) at the hackterm inside the OP. The 4th layer is either hacked at the hackterm or tagged in "hacknet", which you enter through Outpost GRs. (NOTE: If you hack into a regular GR in the city, it sends you to your faction's database. FAR from any outpost) They are fun as hell, and fights can go back & forth & last for hours on a good day. Yesterday we fought from 1pm EST till 6pm at i think 5 or 6 different outposts. Losing an OP, taking it back, attacking an OP, taking it, etc.
    BESIDES OP wars, you can either scour the wastelands in known hunting areas to kill ppl and hack their belts they drop, or there's almost always some fighting going on in pepper park sec-1. If there's none, chill there, & within 30 mins someone will show up to fight.

ANS: with constructed drones/weapons and veterans like us equipping you & showing you were to go for your lvl, VERY quickly. (I can fully cap a Private Eye in 24 hrs) But as long as yall have some help/advice & get weapons/drones built instead of store-bought (better quality on weapons = more dmg you do = more experience), it shouldnt take yall more than 2 weeks. 1 week if yall play with us on TS.
    ANS#2: The OTHER thing, is that there is a sort of "capped" level beyond reaching the cap stats for your class. You could then level more until you have ~260million TOTAL experience for your main stat (dex = spy & PE, str = tank, PSI = monk) and with that, a Wisdon of Ceres disk, which you have to farm for or buy from someone (there's lots around), & 2million nc cash, you gain Wisdom of Ceres level for your main stat. THIS allows you to then be able to wear WoC Power Armours, and multiple weapons which REQUIRE you to have WoC skill.
    --NOTE: Monks currently have NO WoC spells to use, but they do have the WoC PAs (Power armors). TANKS currently only have 1 WoC heavy weapon, which is a rocket launcher, but also do have the WoC PAs. PEs & Spies have many WoC weapons.

ANS: Attaining items. Neocron is one of the few games out there that actually makes items fit they're type: "rare". Not easily acquired. There's a Power Armor which you need to do a quest for & will need a fully capped team to do. Some weapons & implants, which are only acquired through quests. & then there's TECH farming. ALL rare weapons in the game, aside from quest weapons, are BUILT from tech parts. Almost every weapon requires 6 different tech parts to build, and each tech part that you research (called "IDing" to see what part it is - you need around twice the tech level of the tech in RESEARCH skill to make sure you don't break the tech when trying to ID it) can be one of Many techs for every weapon/drone of that TL.
    ANS#2: Farming techs are also a good source of income, as ppl are almost always looking to buy blank (un-IDd) techs.

ANS: Unfortunately you're stuck with the face & haircut bud. lol But there are clothes changing stations around the city (free).

Personal questions:
    ANS: Think of that as a guideline. Melee tanks arent very good currently, but probably will be soon. (The game's going through a huge re-balance currently, so melee tanks are one of the main play styles ppl want playable again for OP wars) BUT in that order, that email is telling you what affects your DMG with those types of weapons. T-C a little bit, and ATL & AGL only a small ammount.

*Previously answered. BUT, look at it this way: the more combat you have, the more damage you do. OP war characters should have at least 200 R-C/P-C/H-C/M-C/etc, w/e your class/weapon choice. If you mean WoC skill, thats answered above.

Completely free to choose. One of the great glories i love about this game. You can change around your points in force/pierce/fire/energy/xray/poison/atl/health etc to properly proportion your resists based on what armor you combine. There are MANY different types of setups. SOme, use different armor & have different points in con & str, but still yield the same resists overall. etc.

Send me a PM if yall are interested in hopin on TS with us to get equipped and guided. Remember, this game is extremely complex compared to any other game. New ppl tend to not stay too long without help. =/
    Last edited by Sevendust; 06-10-14 at 17:35.

Many thanks for the responses; they are most certainly the answers I was hoping to hear. Sevendust I would certainly be interested in joining your guys TS to learn the ropes and build our characters up quickly. I'll be sure to shoot you a pm to get the ball rolling on that front.

Within 30 minutes someone will show up to fight? Dude I would have died of boredom by then!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

What a positive contribution Will, thank you for your input. A big help as always.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Hello bmurph101 my name is Tino...I will be the one killing you once you join OutPost Fights...afterwards I might make fun of you for being terrible...but it is all out of love to make you be better <3

The REAL Walker

Tino is a very loving person.. :P
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    What a positive contribution Will, thank you for your input. A big help as always.

Pot this is kettle, colour check over?

Still bitter sweetheart?

bmurph101 enjoy the game. The excitement of being the new guy is great and the looking over your shoulder all the time is something that many of us sadly miss. I sincerely hope that NC is as much fun for you as the new guy as it was for many others when they first began playing. I have played some of the games you listed and I can see you will fit right in to this community if youre that kind of gamer.

As for the OP fights they can be some of the most fun you can have in a team game of any description played through the medium of the internet. They can also be some of the most frustrating. The learning curve is steep but rewarding and the community at times can be a little passionate/flammable dependent on where abouts you are but I can certainly tell you that it will be an experience.

Still a forum warrior heh Will. I actually make an effort helping people out, in game. Why would I be bitter? I´m just pointing out that once again your initial response is negativity. Enjoy your forum writings, I´m going back to actually playing the game.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

offtopic discussions! how much i missed you! you're not just getting a lot of that between all the new players in NC recently. on second thought, no. i dont miss that at all.

What a great way to introduce yourself to the new guy. I stated a fact. Be it negative or otherwise its still a fact. You on the other hand as per usual contribute nothing. I couldnt give a shit what you do in game. This thread isnt about you. It isnt about any perceived negativity, all youre doing is making this poor guys thread get derailed and now youve started Torg off as well. You guys are the worst part of this very tiny community and this kind of stuff is the reason why.

forum warrior indeed. the farce is strong in this idiot clearly.

have fun waiting half hour for a fight bro. 17th still owning it all i guess...

Oh yeah. This sounds just like forumfall. I'm sure I'll fit right in here perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Hello bmurph101 my name is Tino...I will be the one killing you once you join OutPost Fights...afterwards I might make fun of you for being terrible...but it is all out of love to make you be better <3
    Come at me.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    I´m going back to actually playing the game.

did you find some opposition then ?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Bitchin..Fussin..Cussin..
    Will, sometimes you're a real cunt. And I am saying that with all the respect that I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast