Default R#189 - Low level drones don't deal damage

The TL3 and TL6 drones simply do not deal any damage to enemies.

Tested using constructed (99% outstanding) TL3 and TL6 drones.

Character skills: 6 DEX, 25 RCL, 12 WPW, 15 T-C

Reticle is fully closed against a level 2 Spider.

Here's a snippet of my damage log:

DAMAGEINFO - Time 5696.160 Damage (A&W Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1104, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.008, Energy 0.761, Effect 0.000, Height 15.000
    DamageCause: Drone!
    DamageType: Collision!
    INS - FCR: 0.152
    INS - PCR: 0.609

DAMAGEINFO - Time 5696.491 Damage (A&W Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1104, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.008, Energy 0.761, Effect 0.000, Height 15.000
    INS - FCR: 0.152
    INS - PCR: 0.609
    EDIT: I realize that someone might point out that the skills could have been higher, so I made another test. I made a brand new droner, and I put every point into RCL and WPW, so DEX 3, RCL 40, WPW 64. Using the drones you start with (I picked the highest quality 73%).

DAMAGEINFO - Time 7976.542 Damage (A&W Basic Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1103, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.008, Energy 0.799, Effect 0.000, Height 54.000
    INS - FCR: 0.160
    INS - PCR: 0.639

DAMAGEINFO - Time 7976.871 Damage (A&W Basic Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1103, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.008, Energy 0.799, Effect 0.000, Height 51.000
    INS - FCR: 0.160
    INS - PCR: 0.639
    No damage.
    Last edited by Rob01m; 23-09-14 at 18:03.

Once your stats are high enough, the drones will do damage.

DEX 6, RCL 42, WPW 21

DAMAGEINFO - Time 2831.466 Damage (A&W Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1104, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.010, Energy 1.046, Effect 0.000, Height 12.000
    INS - FCR: 0.209
    INS - PCR: 0.837

DAMAGEINFO - Time 2831.814 Damage (A&W Lightweight Attack Drone): WeaponID 1104, DmgID 1000, DmgFac 0.010, Energy 1.046, Effect 0.000, Height 6.000
    INS - FCR: 0.209
    INS - PCR: 0.837
    But having those stats should not be required to do damage with these drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01m View Post
    Once your stats are high enough, the drones will do damage.
    DEX 6, RCL 42, WPW 21
    But having those stats should not be required to do damage with these drones.
    not sure about that. when you start a droner, you will usually put *all* your DEX points into RCL, and all your INT into WPW. if you missed that, you're of course stuck with 30 minutes of melee PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    not sure about that. when you start a droner, you will usually put *all* your DEX points into RCL, and all your INT into WPW. if you missed that, you're of course stuck with 30 minutes of melee PvE.
    I tested that though. With all starter points in RCL and WPW, the TL3 drones you start with do no damage. There's nothing you can do besides punch or run missions.

I'm not saying it's the worst problem ever, but it does seem like an oversight.

Question is whether other classes and/or professions are also affected. Did you try other professions as well?
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Question is whether other classes and/or professions are also affected. Did you try other professions as well?
    As for drones, I only tested with a Spy. The profession wasn't relevant because I spent every point in RCL and WPW to get the highest possible chance of dealing damage with the starter drone. In order to deal damage with the TL3 drone, you need to level up your DEX and/or INT by other means in order to increase RCL and WPW higher than is allowed at creation.

I was more referring to their specific weapon types, than to using drones with other professions and/or classes.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    I was more referring to their specific weapon types, than to using drones with other professions and/or classes.
    Here goes:

Fresh Spy Assassin - Using the starting TL2 60% Lazar Rifle against a 6/6 Rattlesnake

Only the bare minimum points spent: 5 R-C

DAMAGEINFO - Time 5810.162 Damage (Rti): WeaponID 291, DmgID 520, DmgFac 0.051, Energy 5.120, Effect 0.000, Height 21.000
    DamageCause: Rifle!
    INS - PCR: 5.120
    Success!

---

Fresh Spy Infiltrator - Using the starting TL2 60% Lazar Pistol against a 6/6 Rattlesnake

Only the bare minimum points spent: 5 P-C

DAMAGEINFO - Time 6498.711 Damage (Pti): WeaponID 290, DmgID 250, DmgFac 0.048, Energy 4.840, Effect 0.000, Height 21.000
    DamageCause: Pistol!
    INS - PCR: 4.840
    Success!

---

Fresh Tank Soldier - Using the starting TL3 60% Street Model Grenade Launcher against a horde of enemies

Only the bare minimum points spent: 7 H-C

DAMAGEINFO - Time 6884.828 Damage (Cti): WeaponID 906, DmgID 760, DmgFac 0.000, Energy 0.100, Effect 0.000, Height 0.000
    DamageCause: Heavy!
    DamageType: Area!
    INS - FCR: 0.050
    INS - FIR: 0.050
    Even though no damage numbers appeared, the enemies did die.

Success!

---

Fresh Psi-Monk Inquisitor - Using the starting TL2 60% Crahn Energy Bolt against a 6/6 Rattlesnake

Only the bare minimum points spent: 7 APU, 2 FCS (Psi gauntlet also needs to be equipped, adding some PSU and PSI)

DAMAGEINFO - Time 7459.454 Damage (Psi): WeaponID 1806, DmgID 1500, DmgFac 0.063, Energy 6.330, Effect 0.000, Height 21.000
    DamageCause: PSI!
    INS - ENR: 6.330
    Success!

I skipped testing melee, because punching always worked...

So you can see, every weapon type except drones needs only the absolute minimal investment of points to equip them in order to do damage, whereas a fresh droner spy will not be able to do any damage with their TL3 drone with maximum investment (40 RCL 64 WPW).

Well, I don't know whatever came of this, but good work! Annoying, for you of course, but I hope this helps. Did you notice by chance... how long it took to kill each of the enemies? I just wonder as an outsider to the situation. It is strange that the nades don't qualify as enough damage, but still do damage, yet the drone did not.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

I'd just like to add that this is still a problem.

A newly created droner gets drones, but cannot use them to kill enemys. This is very frustating and should be corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyol45743241
    Gnah, remember starship troopers? They faced the same amount of bugs and what did they get? A warm handshake, thats all!
    R.I.P. Keyol

starter drones arent broken, its just that you need loads of skillpoints in RCL, some in WPW and even a few in TC to makethese remote killers work. also fly very close to the poor victim and wait for the reticle to close before firing. try plants or hurlers.

Either drones are broken or the starter droner character template is broken, because both together do not work. This cannot be intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyol45743241
    Gnah, remember starship troopers? They faced the same amount of bugs and what did they get? A warm handshake, thats all!
    R.I.P. Keyol

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    starter drones arent broken, its just that you need loads of skillpoints in RCL, some in WPW and even a few in TC to makethese remote killers work. also fly very close to the poor victim and wait for the reticle to close before firing. try plants or hurlers.
    Yeah but the point was, even when you put every possible skillpoint into RCL/WPW/TC in any possible configuration, the starter drones on a starter character will never deal damage and never gain the character experience. You NEED to gain experience through any other means, you CANNOT use drones from the very start right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob01m View Post
    Yeah but the point was, even when you put every possible skillpoint into RCL/WPW/TC in any possible configuration, the starter drones on a starter character will never deal damage and never gain the character experience. You NEED to gain experience through any other means, you CANNOT use drones from the very start right now.
    You sure not to use the scout drone? Cuz its unarmed...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    You sure not to use the scout drone? Cuz its unarmed...
    In the OP, the second half, where I was referring to the TL3 attack drone.

You can take all available skill points, no combination will add up to doing 1 point of damage. In the combat log, it's always 0.x worth of damage, and no numbers will register on the screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast