Default RPS is addicted to Toxikk

The worlds best gaming blog has a nice review and vid of Neocrons spoiled little brat sister Toxikk. In fact its good old Unreal Tournament, arena death match. I guess quite a few of NC players would like NC to be exactly like Toxikk. Well, it's there. Play it, as soon as it's public. Pre order is 15 USD on steam.

Of course Neocron 2 will never be on an engine like that, and will never be a fast-paced no-frills plain shooter. Thank the elder gods Reakktor lived on to deliver a "Neocron without the MMORPG part". What do you think, fellow runnres: Will you move on to Toxikk, or rather stay in the old Role Playing Game of yours? Will you keep up levelling up new chars, farm tech parts, construct guns, lose and re-take outposts in this most gothic and desperate online world ever?

I guess i will.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    The worlds best gaming blog has a nice review and vid of Neocrons spoiled little brat sister Toxikk. In fact its good old Unreal Tournament, arena death match. I guess quite a few of NC players would like NC to be exactly like Toxikk. Well, it's there. Play it, as soon as it's public. Pre order is 15 USD on steam.

Of course Neocron 2 will never be on an engine like that, and will never be a fast-paced no-frills plain shooter. Thank the elder gods Reakktor lived on to deliver a "Neocron without the MMORPG part". What do you think, fellow runnres: Will you move on to Toxikk, or rather stay in the old Role Playing Game of yours? Will you keep up levelling up new chars, farm tech parts, construct guns, lose and re-take outposts in this most gothic and desperate online world ever?

I guess i will.
    i need the MMORPG part, Neocron for ever!
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

It is just a completely different game. And I don't think it will get great publicity.

You either need to do an AAA-title with great marketing budgets and so on or an indie-title which you give to streamers and youtubers so people actually know that it exists.
    The way Reakktor is doing it is bullshit. Nobody heard about that game yet.

I mean there will be a new UT coming out, there is quakelive... there are enough arena shooters out if you want to play them. If you want to play something like this you can play Titanfall which looks better and has MECHS!
    And these kind of games heavily depend on a competitive scene which you need to be able to deliver. I just don't see it happen.

NC For Free!

Oh god only if Neocron was like the beta days again. Full of life.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    It is just a completely different game. And I don't think it will get great publicity.

You either need to do an AAA-title with great marketing budgets and so on or an indie-title which you give to streamers and youtubers so people actually know that it exists.
    The way Reakktor is doing it is bullshit. Nobody heard about that game yet.

I mean there will be a new UT coming out, there is quakelive... there are enough arena shooters out if you want to play them. If you want to play something like this you can play Titanfall which looks better and has MECHS!
    And these kind of games heavily depend on a competitive scene which you need to be able to deliver. I just don't see it happen.
    Even Cliff Bleszinski, creator or the UT series and currently doing its own new attempt at arena FPS, heard of Toxikk and gave it a shout-out on Twitter. Obscurity, come again?
    Titanfall is already fading because their content strategy is crap, making the game simply dumb boring after the first couple of Regenerations. Also they struggle with their comp scene me thinks... So, apart from QL which has only been picked up from the vets, what other arena FPS is out there? UT3? Dead. Shootmania Storm? Ignored. Xonotic? Lol... CS:GO? COD? BF4? Titanfail? Not ArenaFPS.
    Sure KK has to get their butt up and going for some publicity, but judging by how massive funded AAA always turn into flops, going indy seems the right choice. Once there are betas available they can build real momentum.

Or they botch it. Might happen as well.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

Arena FPS games are fun for the 15 minutes of depth they provide. Those games and that game style are artifacts of the past.

Also, it's KK - their track record doesn't leave much room for positive speculation.