Default Proposed idea for Recycling / Salvaging

Hi again! Drachenpaladin and I were talking on IRC and we're both in agreement, the way recycling is handled currently breaks immersion, because in order to functionally do much with it aside clone items, you have to step out of the game and check The TechHaven site. While it's a great resource, wouldn't it be better to keep the information in game? He suggested information should be more emergent, and I agree with him, one idea we both thought was a good one, was to revamp the recycling quests to teach a recipe each quest, which would allow the quests difficulties to be spread out on the quest list, and give the player some more variety for recycle quests

i could imagine an ingame notepad - like a cityterm/hometerm email sent to yourself, or a function to buy recipes and stuff and get it emailed to you ingame. not sure how flexible that part of NCs code is, but youre absolutely right - we need to care for the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i could imagine an ingame notepad - like a cityterm/hometerm email sent to yourself, or a function to buy recipes and stuff and get it emailed to you ingame. not sure how flexible that part of NCs code is, but youre absolutely right - we need to care for the immersion.
    That's a great idea! Or perhaps, if someone puts points in the skill, as you get a certain number of points, perhaps you get an email from your faction supply manager with recipes on it? That'd be a great way to promote the system and teach people in game!

This sounds pretty awesome!
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Actually for recycling, would it be possible, to get more low level weapons melee, guns, and stuff into the recycle category? TL 25 lowtech only perhaps?
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Nice !

I´ve also noticed the lack of information in game. I think it could also be so solved by a "profession trainer" npc, in the same way that I have suggested having NPCs to give information about heavy combat, rifle combat etc. Recycling could use a trainer npc, researching and constructing, implanting. Perhaps even an NPC that can put in implants under lvl 30 for a small fee.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Not a bad idea Blue!