Default Proposed ideas for riggers/droners

So I have a really, super nifty thought for improving functionality of riggers / droners. What if you made enhancement slots for vehicles and made an item that allows you to upgrade them with a remote control rig, this way a droner can activate the vehicle and operate it from a short distance away, like a drone. Vehicles can be destroyed, and they're a big investment, though they're very hardy and rather large in comparison, you could use it for remote transport or remote collection. If the rigger is controlling the vehicle remotely, they could use it for mobile cover, or to protect themselves. It could be something like this:

Also, what if we introduced a system where a rigger can control more than one drone at a time? Lets say we used a device like a hack tool, which had slots for how many drones or vehicles you can control or switch to at once? You could have drone commands that have them come into formation, fire when the other drone fires, and converge their aiming on the ones reticle, allowing to improve firepower but still limit it based on the person's ability to aim at a target

I was talking to some people on the server at around 1:30 AM EST, and we had some great ideas come up.

Superspaz suggested that drones get some kind of mod kit, this could be kind of cool, maybe different kinds of drone ammunition, or drone enhancements like motor improvements, and so on?

Superspaz and I both thought that different kinds of drones could be really interesting for some variety! Instead of all flyers, what about wheelie-drones, for ground assaults? Or what about, making a drone out of a security bot model, for a bipedal version?

Engineer Cst, when not yelling about genitalia, offered an interesting idea: what about melee drones? Drones that attack at close range, with physical weapons like saws or other such things, kind of like the cyberbeetles in the storage halls at the MB?

Superspaz also suggested that there be actual drone repair kits, instead of medkits. I don't know what he means by that, but I'm surprised that drones don't get repaired like vehicles, that'd make sense to me!

Healing drones? Shielding drones(does not attack, just have increased amount of shield with shield projector in front) ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Healing drones? Shielding drones(does not attack, just have increased amount of shield with shield projector in front) ?
    Wow this is a really great idea, I totally missed that boat too. You could really have a whole bunch of neat applications for a shielding drone which could be used for mobile cover, have it "deploy" as it's primary action and it could create a temporary barrier which a weapon could target, and it would protect the people behind it so they could move up. When it packs up with the attack button again, damage done to the shield is registered as damage to the drone, and you could then move it again to change the position of the cover.