Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    I would still appreciate to get the old font in citycom and local list back. Hardly readable . At least as an option.
    It's been possible to customise the font you use since Patch R#184.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    BRB gonna go play using Wingdings.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    this is a 16/16 rabid dog, biting me one time for half my health bar
    Well if this is a fresh character (0/2) then I would hope so. It's 14 levels above you.

and here comes a 34/34 hurler, hurling nades:
    Could you compare this with direct NPC damage from a similar level mob?
    Last edited by Bragi; 12-09-14 at 01:12.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Let's come back to being serious: the patch has been online on Vedeena since friday. We have collected tons of data ourself on our internal test server beforehand. Our internal forum has quite a lot of spread sheets concerning DPM. Nothing has been nerved, everything is perfectly in line now. Please do the maths from start to end. Balancing is not about damage per shot. It never has been. It never will be. That's what people always get wrong, horribly wrong. I am sorry, but there is no way around taking everything into account here, so calculating the actual DPM value. Proof me that I am wrong by giving me data that actually proofs that I am wrong. Fill spread sheets, calculate the dpm and then we can talk again.

The following does not represent the opinion of the team as a whole, just mine
    Now second thing: don't ever blame anyone on the NST again! The NST is a team of volunteers who do all the hard work in their free time (me included). Our QA did an excellent job testing each and every single issue which we had on the taskboard for this sprint. All in their free time without paying is. So do not even consider again to accusing them of anything.
    I was actually in the process of beginning testing on the test server when the very next morning it suddenly got applied to Titan. So I jumped on Titan & did some testing there, and this is no damage log report, this is simply how things now ARE on Titan cuz the patch was applied to soon:
    #1: Devourer initial hit to a ppu, whom has no primes, buffs, or shields of any kind = 65. Stack damage = 1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Stack the person 5 times? stack damage still = 1-1-1-1-1-1. NOW, what im saying here is pointing out the STACK damage, which is utterly pointless. The devourer has a huuuge clip, so naturally it shouldnt do loads of damage with it's frequency to be on par with the DPM line.

#2: The SWAT backup gun. This weapon was not bugged from stacks or any ammo mod at all. it was balanced and matched it's TL for DPM. Pre-patch it was ~540 dmg from 10 consecutive shots (none missed). POST-patch it is ~475. <-----------swat backup gun was nerfed. Not only are the stacks extremely weak in general for EVERY stacking weapon (which now makes using a stacking weapon to build Damage Over Time pointless / Aka: 10% dmg for stacks is FAR too low), but the initial damage for this particular gun, the swat backup gun, barely increased to make up for the stack dmg nerf. Damage on my test tank before with this weapons was around 30. Now its about 35. Hooooooly crap.

Pretty much there are no more "stacking weapons". Everything's now instant like Iron Man said. Now they're pretty much just visual effects on someone after a shot lands.

My MAIN reason for the insults in the post is because we should be having this discussion in the ----->>>>> TEST FORUM <<<<<-----. Meaning the patch isn't on Titan yet.

I've done a shitload of testing & reporting on the test server, and then for a patch like this to get tested behind the curtains without our help & it come out this bad....just really irritated me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    @Bifrost: (no offence, since I actually don't think ive seen it reported yet) ALSO, dual-logging is easier for a first-time dual-logger. The reality is that one of the 2 clients will badly stutter-lag sometimes if you're dual-logged. In windowed-mode anyway. Also, even when not dual-logged, it has become a serious pain just to LOGIN and all your items be shown. Either nothing, or partial items. Zoning does nothing. Have to keep re-logging until you get in with all items. Again, in windowed-mode.

/Rant
    Last edited by Sevendust; 12-09-14 at 03:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    I was actually in the process of beginning testing on the test server when the very next morning it suddenly got applied to Titan. So I jumped on Titan & did some testing there, and this is no damage log report, this is simply how things now ARE on Titan cuz the patch was applied to soon:
    #1: Devourer initial hit to a ppu, whom has no primes, buffs, or shields of any kind = 65. Stack damage = 1-1-1-1-1-1-1. Stack the person 5 times? stack damage still = 1-1-1-1-1-1. NOW, what im saying here is pointing out the STACK damage, which is utterly pointless. The devourer has a huuuge clip, so naturally it shouldnt do loads of damage with it's frequency to be on par with the DPM line.
    Stacks are a bit low and not that much of a danger. But I don't feel that the devourer is pointless. It still does great damage.
    #2: The SWAT backup gun. This weapon was not bugged from stacks or any ammo mod at all. it was balanced and matched it's TL for DPM. Pre-patch it was ~540 dmg from 10 consecutive shots (none missed). POST-patch it is ~475. <-----------swat backup gun was nerfed. Not only are the stacks extremely weak in general for EVERY stacking weapon (which now makes using a stacking weapon to build Damage Over Time pointless / Aka: 10% dmg for stacks is FAR too low), but the initial damage for this particular gun, the swat backup gun, barely increased to make up for the stack dmg nerf. Damage on my test tank before with this weapons was around 30. Now its about 35. Hooooooly crap.
    How can you tell that the SWAT backup gun was not bugged from stacks? You mean that the damage was ok?

My MAIN reason for the insults in the post is because we should be having this discussion in the ----->>>>> TEST FORUM <<<<<-----. Meaning the patch isn't on Titan yet.
    The patch was ready for testing on Vedeena long enough. Like over a week. The Devs can clearly see how many people were testing. If nobody is testing and the internal tests are finished they will deploy the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Well if this is a fresh character (0/2) then I would hope so. It's 14 levels above you.... Could you compare this with direct NPC damage from a similar level mob?
    As you wish...
    And nope, not a 0/2. char ranks are stated in the post. So here's some more, as requested:

firstly, heres the char ranks:
    CombatSkill: 14 MidSkill: 13
    next, attack of the cave monster:
    Cave scorpion 4/4

Local Player Damage() - Damage processing statistics!
    Damage: 39.000 Target Piercing HitZone 0 - Part 0
    Damage: 35.138 (Reduction: 3.862 - 9.901 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 35.120 (Reduction: 3.880 - 9.948 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 35.120 (Reduction: 3.880 - 9.948 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

Local Player: HitZone verification result HEAD
    compare this to a dog. dogs are dangerous:
    Dog 10/10

Local Player: Damage() - Damage processing statistics!
    Damage: 17.760 Target Force HitZone 0 - Part 0
    Damage: 14.870 (Reduction: 2.890 - 16.270 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 14.424 (Reduction: 3.336 - 18.785 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 14.424 (Reduction: 3.336 - 18.785 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

Damage: 71.040 Target Piercing HitZone 0 - Part 1
    Damage: 64.006 (Reduction: 7.034 - 9.901 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 63.973 (Reduction: 7.067 - 9.948 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 63.973 (Reduction: 7.067 - 9.948 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!
    while plants are clearly not dangerous
    POISONOUS PLANT 16/16

Damage: 24.000 Target Poison HitZone 0 - Part 1
    Damage: 24.000 (Reduction: 0.000 - 0.000 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 23.988 (Reduction: 0.012 - 0.052 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 23.988 (Reduction: 0.012 - 0.052 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!
    neither are fire-juggling psi dudes:
    Enlightened Acolyte 16/16

Damage: 4.779 Target Fire HitZone 0 - Part 0
    Damage: 4.778 (Reduction: 0.001 - 0.030 Percentage) - Damage caused by PSI
    Damage: 4.179 (Reduction: 0.600 - 12.551 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 4.177 (Reduction: 0.602 - 12.596 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 4.177 (Reduction: 0.602 - 12.596 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

Damage: 0.066 Target Fire HitZone 3 - Part 0
    Damage: 0.066 (Reduction: 0.000 - 0.030 Percentage) - Damage caused by PSI
    Damage: 0.057 (Reduction: 0.009 - 13.898 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 0.057 (Reduction: 0.009 - 13.943 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 0.057 (Reduction: 0.009 - 13.943 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

i even met the dreaded Giant Dragonfly. Dragonflys are a joke.
    Giant Dragonfly 36/36

Local Player: HitZone verification result ALL

Damage: 4.314 Target Piercing HitZone 3 - Part 0
    Damage: 3.714 (Reduction: 0.600 - 13.907 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 3.712 (Reduction: 0.602 - 13.952 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 3.712 (Reduction: 0.602 - 13.952 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

Damage: 11.864 Target Poison HitZone 3 - Part 1
    Damage: 11.270 (Reduction: 0.594 - 5.005 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 11.264 (Reduction: 0.600 - 5.055 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 11.264 (Reduction: 0.600 - 5.055 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!
    wolves are like big dogs, are they? no.
    Wolf 36/36

Damage: 39.000 Target Piercing HitZone 0 - Part 0
    Damage: 35.138 (Reduction: 3.862 - 9.901 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player armor
    Damage: 35.120 (Reduction: 3.880 - 9.948 Percentage) - Damage reduced by player skills
    Results of this target: Damage 35.120 (Reduction: 3.880 - 9.948 Percentage) - ResistanceCap: 0.800!

Conclusion

In my recent travels [since R#189] i got the impression that small critters like spiders, scorps, roaches and dogs do way too much piercing damage. which clearly wasnt the case before R#189, when a 0/2 or 5/4 (etc..) could take a nap right between critters up to 16/16, auto-outhealing all damage without even using medis.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbackwards View Post
    Also, there seems to be an issue with the 'defs\weapons.def' file. When patching the game, I received that the file may be corrupted during the initial download. Ran the check file integrity utility, and weapons.def was set that it would be redownloaded... yet every time I launch the game, I just simply get an error message:
    -----------------------
    File System Check failed: 1 file(s) corrupt or missing:

defs\weapons.def

The application will now shutdown. You may used the NeocronLauncher's "Check Files..." option to scan and repair the broken files.
    ---------------

Herp. Maybe the launcher with the new update can't restore a file, or maybe something else happened. Either case, something broke.
    I am also having this issue. I have tried removing pak_weapons.def from the /defs folder to try to force the file check to recognise the missing file, but to no avail. The launcher / client doesn't redownload the file.
    Former member of the following NC1 Saturn Clans: V-Nox (CA), 101st (CM), Inferno (CA), Imposing Order (CA), SoldierZ (TT)

Former clanmates I remember: Etienne/Xerxes, Selendor/Selensil, DaedalusSSJ, SENTiNEL, Scikar, Stigmata, R@zor, TheOttoman, MkVenner, Skusty, Spike

ALSO, dual-logging is easier for a first-time dual-logger. The reality is that one of the 2 clients will badly stutter-lag sometimes if you're dual-logged. In windowed-mode anyway.
    I noticed this "fps stuttering" pre patch, but since the patch with the core selection options i can run three clients in window mode and they are smooth as butter.

also for anyone who runs in window mode on a 1920x1080 desktop with the window maximized, if you set PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1920x1018" the game will scale properly. since the takbar and topbar? are 62 pixels high combined.
    hope that makes sense :P
    Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.
    llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Quote Originally Posted by Animated View Post
    I am also having this issue. I have tried removing pak_weapons.def from the /defs folder to try to force the file check to recognise the missing file, but to no avail. The launcher / client doesn't redownload the file.
    For info if anyone else is still having this problem a full reinstall fixed it for me; the launcher recognised the corrupt file and redownloaded it when it was applying the patch.
    Former member of the following NC1 Saturn Clans: V-Nox (CA), 101st (CM), Inferno (CA), Imposing Order (CA), SoldierZ (TT)

Former clanmates I remember: Etienne/Xerxes, Selendor/Selensil, DaedalusSSJ, SENTiNEL, Scikar, Stigmata, R@zor, TheOttoman, MkVenner, Skusty, Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    The 2 fonts ive tried so far seem to just default to Arial or Arial narrow i think. What are the optional fonts that NC will actually use?

Quote Originally Posted by john irons View Post
    I noticed this "fps stuttering" pre patch, but since the patch with the core selection options i can run three clients in window mode and they are smooth as butter.

also for anyone who runs in window mode on a 1920x1080 desktop with the window maximized, if you set PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1920x1018" the game will scale properly. since the takbar and topbar? are 62 pixels high combined.
    hope that makes sense :P
    Opposite for us. Pre-patch we all (clan) could dual/triple log & be smooth as butter. Stuttering started after the first balance patch was applied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12