Default [R#189] T#201/202/203 - Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

please discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Sorry to ask that but i don't clearly understand the sentence :
    'Blueprints are now limited to 10 or fewer items'.

Is that blueprints (the item) will stack only to 10 and no more to 249
    or the construction pattern link to a specific blueprint will only take
    a max of 10 items (parts or chemicals or whatsover) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasterbot View Post
    Sorry to ask that but i don't clearly understand the sentence :
    'Blueprints are now limited to 10 or fewer items'.

Is that blueprints (the item) will stack only to 10 and no more to 249
    or the construction pattern link to a specific blueprint will only take
    a max of 10 items (parts or chemicals or whatsover) ?
    No need to be sorry The construction pattern is now limited to 10 items. This however only affects the Rhino which now takes one item less to build.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

wow, these patches are rather beefy. 2+ gigs each! had to download 3 patches
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

2+ gigs?

Patch 201 got 2252221 bytes, thats about 2.15 MB
    Patch 202 got 2201747 bytes, thats about 2.10 MB

But yes, it feels like gigs when you only download at a speed of 10 kB/s cause you can't establish a connection to the FTP Server. The URL in updater.ini "ftp.neocron-game.com" isn't available. Can someone of the devs maybe look into this? I got this problem for every patch, that I can't connect to the FTP Server (and maybe others got the same issue) and need to download it from the Gameserver instead.. maybe this will reduce some stress of the server connection, too?

Back to topic: the 10% maximum dot means, that when your weapon does 100 dmg and you stack up, it doesn't will go over 10 dmg per tick, even when someone got 10 or 20 stacks?

And your prediction "keep in mind we tuned everything to have equal DPM on equal TL" is maybe in calculation correct and maybe correct when other weapons are fixed (example: automatic pistol line trivaldi mentioned on http://neocron-game.com/announcement...-launch-update and weapons with broken DoT). But there are still weapons who do actually more damage than others with higher TL. For example: Ravager (TL100) is outdamaging Creed (TL115).

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

The FTP server is a known issue and is something we're working to resolve. We don't have an ETA for that at the moment though unfortunately.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

This certain odd thing is still in effect, which im not sure is a bug or not. Dont have time currently but ill test on Titan to see if it's the same there.

Anyway, you take much less damage from shots while a heal is on you. ie: 55, 65, 50 when damage without a heal on the target is 77. Haven't tested whether nanite heals do the same.

My 2 cents: only 10% of the total dmg for DoT is pretty low to me. ie: A weapon who's total dmg will be 85, will only do 8.5 DoT damage? Id say it needs to be more than that. CURRENTLY, it looks like its about 30-35%. Id say it should be more around 20-25%. There's other options for what weapons to use. Stacking weapons certain ppl like, like me. =p I dont want my swat backup to become a weapon that hits harder from the fast initial hits, & barely hurts my target after stacking him 5+ times in a row.

ALSO, hybrids. One of the main thing limiting hybrids are the PSI implants & how they were changed. Implants will be changed at a later point i know, but the MALICE should be an easy adjustment, right? Whatever the current hybrid malice is, cut it in HALF. One hybrid setup i just tested on the test server allowed me to use the blessed heal. PROBLEM was, it was weaker than a TL3 heal....i mean seriously? the malice is so bad right now it makes whatever you can USE, almost useless. Malice. Cut it in half. Thx.
    Last edited by Sevendust; 07-09-14 at 08:15.

former king of saturn

Comments from some brief unstructured testing today-

Pyrolizer tool still damages the user.

APU damage continues to be too low, if the intent is that they will become a primary damage class like spies and tanks again. If that is not the intent, tell us and we can move on.
    Holy Frostration's damage is about 50% of other rare APU spells.
    Wavy hands still exist and continue to cause casting problems.

Low and Mid-level PSI shields are still much too weak. They are arguably not worth casting.
    TL3/TL10/Blessed Heal are all nearly indistinguishable from one-another in healing amount.
    Psi in general is a hot mess that doesn't align with the rest of the game as far as tech level and item reqs are concerned. (I know this is a bigger picture thing)
    Damage boost is of questionable/no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Yeah I was noticing this just in the details of the APU spells. The ammount of enr/fir it says is literally half of what say, the holy toxic beam & holy fire apoc does. Holy lightning ammount is on par, but oddly still does alot less dmg than everything. Perhaps up the holy lightning ENR damage ammount a bit to make it worth using again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

But anyway, nevermind about the DoT damage nerf. As long as the dev & ak bugs are fixed, keep DoT dmg how it is (at least 30-35% of the total dmg). Otherwise, the DoT dmg will be so low, all it will really accomplish is lowering the ammount your target regens from his/her heal. Meanwhile, hitting for much less on the initial hit.

Also, there's only 4 non-hc weapons in the game that actually do stack dmg....why nerf it in the first place?...bring back the stacking fire & poison APU spells. plz.

afaik the holy frost is part of the freeze/para line of weapons, like ie the summer leech cannon. since the glue effect has been disabled years ago, these weapons are left with reduced damage and an uncertain future.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    afaik the holy frost is part of the freeze/para line of weapons, like ie the summer leech cannon. since the glue effect has been disabled years ago, these weapons are left with reduced damage and an uncertain future.
    IMO convert them all to xray, remove the brain-destroying para sound, and you've got yourself a nice new weapon platform right there.

IMO convert them all to xray, remove the brain-destroying para sound, and you've got yourself a nice new weapon platform right there.
    agree.

Any testing or comments on the bug fixes in the patches?
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

A minor update to T202 has been applied. The damage output of drones has been fixed and the damage output of launcher cyclops and the likes has also been adjusted.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 09-09-14 at 10:21. Reason: Link
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Any testing or comments on the bug fixes in the patches?
    Just force-feed it to us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast