Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    But I like the idea of getting back to the old system but add mods for armor. This will help the APU to be no fast frag meat if he is primary target
    This. Anyone who hasn't really played APU (or doesnt understand how shit they currently are), I suggest you cap one and put top level IMPS in on verdena and get any class to shoot you buffed or otherwise and see how quick you die.

So what this blog is saying is that you're bringing back kami chips?

Well, if you guy insist!

You guys are swell!
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    reducing complexity in areas where it does not hurt, e.g. hitzone armour separation, sounds like the right idea.
    even reducing complexity where it does impact negatively might be a considerable trade-off if it in turn increases dev velocity measurably.

not sure if armour modding is really worth the effort though. adding a sufficient, but fixed amount of armour variants is bound to be easier to implement and balance.

Beautifully stated. Nothing says we can't swing back around to "the armor-modding project" later after the "quicker, basic armor adjustment," and any implants, mobs, spells, roles, and anything else that might be labeled as "more important or more urgent" are adjusted - possibly with less effort, even.

Volunteer team stated many times that adjusting existing systems is easier than building a new system from scratch. Seems like armor modding might be a new system from scratch. My vote is to avoid adding new armor system if it will negatively impact dev velocity in other more critical areas.... for the time being, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OFT View Post
    Beautifully stated. Nothing says we can't swing back around to "the armor-modding project" later after the "quicker, basic armor adjustment," and any implants, mobs, spells, roles, and anything else that might be labeled as "more important or more urgent" are adjusted - possibly with less effort, even.

Volunteer team stated many times that adjusting existing systems is easier than building a new system from scratch. Seems like armor modding might be a new system from scratch. My vote is to avoid adding new armor system if it will negatively impact dev velocity in other more critical areas.... for the time being, anyway.
    Technically it will not be a complete new system designed from scratch, we can reuse a lot of the currently existing codebase there. However you got a point there. How about a two step process? First we would remove the locational system and afterwards we start the work on the modding system. That would also fit better in our plan to deliver smaller updates but more frequently. You have new options to build your defensive setup and we already gain feedback about part of the new system. Sounds like a win - win situation to me
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Technically it will not be a complete new system designed from scratch, we can reuse a lot of the currently existing codebase there. However you got a point there. How about a two step process? First we would remove the locational system and afterwards we start the work on the modding system. That would also fit better in our plan to deliver smaller updates but more frequently. You have new options to build your defensive setup and we already gain feedback about part of the new system. Sounds like a win - win situation to me
    Sounds like a good idea actually.

There are some points that are not clear at the moment:
    - Removing the three groups legs, body and head mean that the resists of all armor parts affect the complete body will it be still possible to lower the resist of one part of the body by shooting on it directly? So if I'm shooting on the head this part will get grey and takes more damage as the rest of the body?
    - Will the complete body be one hitbox that get grey completely after a lot of damage?
    - How are we able to slow down other players? Will you bring the freezer weapons back in game so a melee tank can use a Thunderbolt or Electric Tempest to freeze his victims? Will you move the Holy Frostration back to the PPU and rename the spell back in Holy Paralyse?
    -> If yes how much will the different weapons slow down the run speed?
    - Will we get a combination of both? Slow down with damage on the legs and freezing with e.g. Thunderbold (50% PPU freeze/30% other freezer weapons + 50% destroying the legs to get the current slow down by destroying the legs)?

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    will it be still possible to lower the resist of one part of the body by shooting on it directly? So if I'm shooting on the head this part will get grey and takes more damage as the rest of the body?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
    Player armour values have (afaik) never been reduced by damage in the same way those of mobs are.

Currently damage done to the head location is higher than other areas and (afaik) this was true during times when armour contributed to all areas - the locations were there to begin with.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

If this armor mod means I can go around with Pink PA, Pink vehicles, Pink Drones and Pink weapons I'm all for it.

Basically everything needs to be modable to Pink

NC1 Armour system. Simple, effective and efficient. You knew what armour you had on currently, could possibly achieve in the future and could never hope to achieve in a very simple calculation.

You could see your resists on said armour perfectly and most of all you could explain it to a new guy in 2-3 sentences.

It worked. It worked well and it was good.

Adding slots to armour (if that is the intention) might work but it sounds overly complicated and prone to break easily. It would be a nice diversification for the future of nc sure but to have a fully working and simple to understand armour system TODAY would be so much cooler in my opinion.

Returning players would also love it. It would send a PR message out to the community (retired and active) that the hallowed days of NC1 are still being thought of, remembered fondly and having inspiration drawn from them to make nc2.whatever so much better.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

This all sounds good, but im seeing a balancing problem. This may make a monk not die so fast, but its going to make every other class MUCH stronger. Armor values were Doubled on most pieces of armor when 2.2 was launched. To return to nc1/nc2.1 armor, most of the armor values for all armor would have to be redone to properly give about the current resists ppl get on the chest. (Ie: ~130 energy resist on the chest from a PE wearing a WoC PA + a Light Energy Protection Belt.) Keep the current armor values & combined & a PE would have ~190 Enr. (from the 2 crahn pieces on the head & feet.)

IF this does come to the test server, I suggest lowering the armor values by 1/3, & then we test from there to see if it makes tanks, spies, & PEs too strong.

Phase 1.5 - Ammo Changes

The first set of changes will adjust the damage composition of all ammo types. Our intention is to increase the diversity of damage types you might encounter on the battlefield. In the end hopefully none of the damage types will be classified as "secondary" damage anymore.
    They should always be secondary. The primary damage is the delivery system, I.E. a poison-filled 9mm round. It's still copper and lead, it will still fuck you up, but it's also got some poison inside. If you dumb it down so hard that there is no secondary it will be stupid. The biggest problem with Neocron is that the secondaries of a lot of weapons DON'T WORK. Fix that, first.

Rest is good, go to NC1 armor system.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Ages ago I wrote this:

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...our-Make-Sense

Might still be relevant?

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Ages ago I wrote this:

Might still be relevant?
    Good read. I would say so, largely... Though it may be a bit to late for inclusion with a project that probably already has specified parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Ages ago I wrote this:

Might still be relevant?
    I will give it a miss. A lot of your shitty ideas got bandied around the forum back in 2-2.1 and I for one feel that a select few individuals in the community were largely responsible for pushing some of the fuck ups that edition brought to the game by the fact they power posted the ideas quite a bit on the forum and encouraged people to hop on the bandwagon so no thanks.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I will give it a miss. A lot of your shitty ideas got bandied around the forum back in 2-2.1 and I for one feel that a select few individuals in the community were largely responsible for pushing some of the fuck ups that edition brought to the game by the fact they power posted the ideas quite a bit on the forum and encouraged people to hop on the bandwagon so no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holiday in the linked thread
    great opening post. Read the whole thing. very well worded and very thoughtful (4 hours sleep and im up to go to work so figured would come browse while i eat breakfast. it all made sense and im tired so that proved its good ) not sure bout some of the other suggestions in here though.
    Last edited by CMaster; 15-11-14 at 19:02.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast