Default Blog: Balancing - Phase 1.5 and 2

Dear Runners,

we need your feedback on some of our ideas spooking around in our heads for Phase Two, please have a look at the full blog post. You will also be able to find some minor details on the next patch inside that post.

So tell us, what do you think about the armor system, the removal of localization of armor bonuses and armor modding?

Sincereley,
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I like the first suggestion very much. The regional damage type thing does not make much sense. Especially when you have almost no options to choose from.

But can you give us an example of the "Armor-Mod-System"? Let's say I have some Heavy Kevlar armor. Can I simply mod them so they have less fire but more poison resists?

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    But can you give us an example of the "Armor-Mod-System"? Let's say I have some Heavy Kevlar armor. Can I simply mod them so they have less fire but more poison resists?
    I understand that it will be like weapon mods, so +resists or resist type. A welcomed change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    I like the first suggestion very much. The regional damage type thing does not make much sense. Especially when you have almost no options to choose from.

In some sense, yes. The details have still to be worked out, but before spending too much manpower on that and working in a direction which the com does not want, we thought we better share those ideas first of all.

The first idea/system which came to my mind was: each armor part has a basic resistance value and a basic distribution, this distribution you can alter by plugging in mods. So instead of having a part with 100 points fire resists you could have an armor part with 50 fire 50 poison for example.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Reza's Executioner $tormbringer's Avatar

The old armor system was way better imo. You already mentioned in the Blog how pieces like the Viper King Armor or Heavy Belts are just not worth it anymore. The old system would add more diversity in the setups.
    While you are at the removal of comma values for implats, could you do the same for the armor parts too? (And buffs, while you are at it)
    And, being part of the whole armor stuff, it would be nice for good alternatives for PAs (Armor mods that add skill boni, while reducing the defensive stats of the armor for example)... style is everything
    $tormbringer -|- Celas Victoria -|- Shogoki

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    In some sense, yes. The details have still to be worked out, but before spending too much manpower on that and working in a direction which the com does not want, we thought we better share those ideas first of all.

The first idea/system which came to my mind was: each armor part has a basic resistance value and a basic distribution, this distribution you can alter by plugging in mods. So instead of having a part with 100 points fire resists you could have an armor part with 50 fire 50 poison for example.
    Sounds good

How about adding some rare armor to the game that needs to be constructed from tech parts with the possibility for slots. You could also add a color mod to change the color of the armor, that would be baddass

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    How about adding some rare armor to the game that needs to be constructed from tech parts with the possibility for slots. You could also add a color mod to change the color of the armor, that would be baddass
    how about balance game

Quote Originally Posted by $tormbringer View Post
    And, being part of the whole armor stuff, it would be nice for good alternatives for PAs (Armor mods that add skill boni, while reducing the defensive stats of the armor for example)... style is everything
    Did you see the hint in another thread?

You could also add a color mod to change the color of the armor, that would be baddass
    Hmmm.......
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I see some guys with pink armors in my mind :P fuck cinema in my head

But I like the idea of getting back to the old system but add mods for armor. This will help the APU to be no fast frag meat if he is primary target

Graves is it? Let me grab my Viper King vest!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    how about balance game
    Didn't you hear? Balancing is done

Didn't you hear? Balancing is done
    That would be great ;P

Back to topic please! We need feedback!
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

Armor modding makes my imagination go wild! Thats good!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

reducing complexity in areas where it does not hurt, e.g. hitzone armour separation, sounds like the right idea.
    even reducing complexity where it does impact negatively might be a considerable trade-off if it in turn increases dev velocity measurably.

not sure if armour modding is really worth the effort though. adding a sufficient, but fixed amount of armour variants is bound to be easier to implement and balance.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast