Default R#188 (Titan) Drone Test

Since drones seem to be bugged in #188 i did a test (on Titan) of several types to find out whats wrong and whats not.
    i used both a capped and a new droner, see below.

all drones did show unblocked view after start (unlike the monochrome screen in #186
    all drones fired properly and did damage to a target. (except scout of course)

test 1 capped spy
    TL Name Movement
    5 A&W Scout Drone SR-1 none
    3 A&W Basic Lightweight Attack none
    6 A&W Lightweight Attack Drone none
    10 A&W Light Assault Drone PI-1 none
    20 HEW Light Assault Drone SPL-100 none
    27 HEW Light Support Drone MR-50 slow
    64 HEW Heavy Assault Drone GAL-100 slow
    78 HEW Advanced Battle Drone RG-1000 medium
    81 HEW Heavy War Drone RK-500 fast
    101 HEW Advanced Battle Drone FC-1000 medium
    108 HEW Advanced War Drone RK-1000 fast
    115 punisher fast
    115 particle nemesis slow

test 2 new spy (5/2)
    3 A&W Basic Lightweight Attack none

lower assault drones (including TL 3 starter drones) dont move at all, battle drones seem to move quickly enough, while higher TL assault drones (including punisher) move quite slow.
    compared to this in pre#186 battle drones (and support drones) moved "medium" or "fast" from my view, while assault drones moved "very fast".

its also important to note that starter drones do damage and give a clear sight, but don't move, just as all other low-TL assault drones; there is no isolated problem with starter drones.

do you have any other observations?

Wow good job, Torg.

A speedfac of the 1.75 (a tad slower than the PB-1) should be the minimum for every drone. This will enable every drone to gain altitude by flying up backwards and, as far as I can see, will not have any impact on their pvp strength other than enabling some of the drones to actually do it at all.

For reference: The RK-1000 has 4.81, the Particle Nemesis has 1.17.

The slowest drone has 0.02 and doesnt fly at all. A newly created character with 0 ath and 0 agl with -2kg carryweight walks (not runs) faster than a TL 98 FA-1000 Assault drone (0.58).

Also scout drones should have a speedfac range of 4.5 - 6. They have no use except flying around, at least they should be able to do that.

Theres something wrong with the MR-1000 and the MR series in general, it used to be a single target missile drone but became a copy of the RK-1000 somewhere in Evolution. With this patch however it became straight up superior to the higher TL'd RK-1000. More Damage, faster frequency. My opinion is a single target missile drone with really high range would be a nice addition to the set of drones (hunting warbots, firemobs at mid-high levels). Damage and frequency can stay the same if you give it a nice range boost.
    Last edited by slith; 22-08-14 at 16:50.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long