Default anyone notice jugg xbow got a stealth nerf?

damage seems less and the max ammo is switched from 20 to 12. (ammo thing wasn't listed hence the "stealth", although they mention guns ammo size was normalized to non rare ammo clip size, which is weird since afaik there is no normal non rare xbow, correct me if i'm wrong)

love the patch servers, love the effort they're putting into things but....i thought the point was to help buff pistols/rifles? i was expecting that, not a nerf.

That Guy

Where on earth did you get the idea that this was meant to address Pistol issues? It's part of a multi-part balance project, so right now we only have a small part of the whole picture. The xbow ammo was likely normalized to another type of gun (handgun possibly? Does it serve a similar role to other types of pistols?)

Right now it seems like my APU is vastly more powerful due to the frequency changes to the spells, but again anything we see here is only a part of it.

For further discussion, I'd recommend you put this in the Patch discussion thread instead of making new threads on this subject. You can find it here

All the weapons have (in the majority) been brought into line with each other with respect to a function of TL (inter-weapon-class balance will be on-going).
    DPM is calculated to include reloading times, so in some respects the clip size is somewhat cosmetic.
    Overall PvP and PvE damage has also been altered, so a direct comparison with pre-patch perfomance is not necessarily relevant.

Besides, the xbow was hardly underpowered beforehand.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    All the weapons have (in the majority) been brought into line with each other with respect to a function of TL (inter-weapon-class balance will be on-going).
    DPM is calculated to include reloading times, so in some respects the clip size is somewhat cosmetic.
    Overall PvP and PvE damage has also been altered, so a direct comparison with pre-patch perfomance is not necessarily relevant.

Besides, the xbow was hardly underpowered beforehand.
    it wasn't underpowered before? crap dps before, crap dps now, impossible to win vs dev or cs except under very extreme circumstances.

i suppose i'll hang back and wait for a few more balance patches then.

EDIT: The more i think on this, the more i can't believe a gm thought jugg xbow was considered good prepatch 186. This scares me, not in a good way.

Jugg xbow was pretty much the pinnacle of what a pistol PE can use, sans drugging up constantly. And you know what? spies, apu's, tanks, everyone would steamroll a pistol pe.

unfuckingbelievable.
    Last edited by Artricia.; 18-08-14 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWarrior View Post
    Where on earth did you get the idea that this was meant to address Pistol issues?
    the part where pistols have been broken in terms of damage for a long time now. the fact that pistols are receiving a 15% damage boost over HC. the fact that the damage is being normalized by their TL.

It's part of a multi-part balance project, so right now we only have a small part of the whole picture.
    yeah. and this is the balancing patch project part that addresses the parts im concerned with.

The xbow ammo was likely normalized to another type of gun (handgun possibly? Does it serve a similar role to other types of pistols?)
    no. it's nothing like other pistols.(basically a sniper pistol) AFAIK, there is no non rare version of the weapon.

For further discussion, I'd recommend you put this in the Patch discussion thread instead of making new threads on this subject. You can find it here
    no.

least you have a Wisdom of Ceres item, APU still doesn't have one..

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    least you have a Wisdom of Ceres item, APU still doesn't have one..
    true. apu's have been fucked for a long, long time. i would say they're about as fucked as PE's. tanks and (to a lesser extent) spies have been king, and seem to still be. at least apu's can LOM to a PPU and actually be useful in a OP battle, PE's....well....

Quote Originally Posted by Artricia. View Post
    it wasn't underpowered before? crap dps before, crap dps now, impossible to win vs dev or cs except under very extreme circumstances.

i suppose i'll hang back and wait for a few more balance patches then.
    You're looking at the whole picture rather than relative to other pistols. The whole PE vs Tank situation has a lot more going on than just the weapons. We rebalanced the weapons relative to each other. We've barely started looking at implants/PA, let alone armour, PE Psi and the rest of the game that goes into inter-class balance.

EDIT: The more i think on this, the more i can't believe a gm thought jugg xbow was considered good prepatch 186. This scares me, not in a good way.

Jugg xbow was pretty much the pinnacle of what a pistol PE can use, sans drugging up constantly. And you know what? spies, apu's, tanks, everyone would steamroll a pistol pe.

unfuckingbelievable.
    Yes, it was the best pistol for a PE; better than the Judge, the BoH, the Slasher and the Backup, all within a few TLs of the Xbow. THAT is what this latest change was for.

P.S.
    <-- Not a GM.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Artricia. View Post
    Xbow was definitely not underpowered before..
    BHG was better, sure.. And Freeman was maybe a little better (but would make for pretty bad setups for PE's because of the high Dex req).
    And Xbow performance against Dev/CS tanks was more of a Dev/CS/tank-resist/PE-as-a-class problem, than it was a Xbow problem.

Im personally not returning until non-PA PE's are viable again (armor/implant balancing), so I cant speak of the new current balancing, but pre-balancing the Xbow was BY FAR the best weapon for a PE (not counting the IAR before the nerf).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Im personally not returning until non-PA PE's are viable again (armor/implant balancing)
    I can't give a time-frame, but......

Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    I can't give a time-frame, but......

Nah I know you cant. Which is why I dont bother asking
    But god damn Im looking forward to it!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

low level ppu spells for PE do nothing, literally nothing.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    low level ppu spells for PE do nothing, literally nothing.

PEs are going to remain fundamentally broken until something is done to address their defense or offense. They can't do enough or mitigate enough damage to be real contenders.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    PEs are going to remain fundamentally broken until something is done to address their defense or offense. They can't do enough or mitigate enough damage to be real contenders.

I wouldn't so much call PE's broken, they're just weaker than other classes but if you can play well you can still compete... you'd just probably do way better playing a tank or a spy...

IMO PE's should have 3 standard brain implant slots and 1 PE brain implant slot, give this 1 implant some strong stats and use that as an easy escape to add 'balance'. I'm no programmer but I'd imagine adding a bandage to cover up a problem is much easier than healing the original wound.

EDIT: Completely unrelated.... grenade launchers should be considered rifles... just saying.
    Last edited by Aerocytes; 20-08-14 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocytes View Post
    I wouldn't so much call PE's broken, they're just weaker than other classes but if you can play well you can still compete... you'd just probably do way better playing a tank or a spy...

IMO PE's should have 3 standard brain implant slots and 1 PE brain implant slot, give this 1 implant some strong stats and use that as an easy escape to add 'balance'. I'm no programmer but I'd imagine adding a bandage to cover up a problem is much easier than healing the original wound.

EDIT: Completely unrelated.... grenade launchers should be considered rifles... just saying.
    There's already PE-specific equipment: PE PA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast