Default [001262] [R#188] Noob Drones

Whatever the drone is that a new player starts with may as well be a floating block of cement. I created a new droner after the patch and upon launch they drone has no forward/rear or side to side motion. It can turn & look around but can't move. Since the first few drones a player can use are of this same Gatling gun variety don't you think it'd be very off putting for a player?

this is a problem with R#188 concerning all assault drones (not battle drones) and is prone to be fixed. dont worry. before and after the newb drones would work well with some TC and patience (get very close to target, wait for reticle to close, fire).

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Whatever the drone is that a new player starts with may as well be a floating block of cement. I created a new droner after the patch and upon launch they drone has no forward/rear or side to side motion. It can turn & look around but can't move. Since the first few drones a player can use are of this same Gatling gun variety don't you think it'd be very off putting for a player?
    Confirmed...came back to level a char and encountered this issue, Dex 3 drone simply does not move after launch. Was fine before patch.

Closed - Until Further Notice

Well the thing is as a noob you don't have a lot of health. So I stand near 2 rats as I know the drone won't move, start hammering one of them but he walks around behind me & bites my ass to half health. I can't target him cause he's behind me. If I can't even level enough to get out of the shit drone post patch class what do i do? half assed solution of guns for a while and then lom?

I'd create another class character until they fix the drone problem.

heywood: kill the rat with your fists. ALT+H. yes, seriously. you'll gain more DEX than STR. and the drone inertia will be patched.