Default Comprehensive fix for weapons/resists/damage - outlined

Make armor/CON resist point values in line with our 50/75/100 system to attribute to a Percentage Based Resist System. But move to a 20/40/60/80% resist system and set your own, calculable values for each % tier of resistance. Obviously, it takes minimal points to reach a 20% resist but an 80% resist is high-tier and balance it with shields, and resist spells. Change armor values to be in line with this system.

Change shields to give a shield a set amount of hitpoints that can run out based on damage type being done. True absorption.

We NEED a system we can understand, one that is easy for you to calculate and run servers calls with, and is similar to pen-paper cyberpunk games. A scaling, percentage-based system is necessary. As I've lined out in previous posts we current stand at a flat-rate system. 1 point removes a specific amount of damage depending on weapon, not a percentage of overall damage, and I've posted it on a previous brainport entry.

Balance weapons, and PSI accordingly. Revert the ROF change and do your jobs to correctly address DPS.

Address PSI resist issues to fall in line with the 20/40/60/80% resist system.

With armors adding to the overall percentage, don't be afraid to raise Transport costs and do things like adding ATH/AGI hits to higher tier/higher str armor(like you did with power armors) to get people to build really interesting builds and allow for speed/balance/sentry type builds.

It's MUCH, MUCH easier to balance your offensive systems when you've got your defense system fixed. Not to mention, it would be...just...easier to deal with. One pool.
    Last edited by Model192; 07-08-14 at 20:14.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Good idea but i think you're pissing in the wind

i dont want NC to be unnecessarily simple. i'm perfectly ok with a complex game background, odd stats and numbers, as long as the flow of playing is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i dont want NC to be unnecessarily simple. i'm perfectly ok with a complex game background, odd stats and numbers, as long as the flow of playing is enjoyable.

It's not about being simple. It won't be. Pen and paper cp2020 isn't simple. It's just able to be calculated and doesn't have unnecessary, arbitrary bullshit.

The only unnecessary, arbitrary things were for the RPing.

so, whats wrong with RP? back on topic: the balancing problem aims to simplify the whole concept of damage and defence in NC, R#188 is meant as a first stept, the groundwork for future patches.

the balancing problem aims to simplify the whole concept of damage and defence in NC, R#188 is meant as a first stept, the groundwork for future patches.
    Yes, thats true. It furthermore changed many things in NC's architecture to even make balancing possible like the new option to change item stats "on-the-fly". I anticipated that such big changes would need a few weeks of correcting issues on retail before it would run smoothly so thank you NST for putting all the time and effort into it. You guys r0ck.

so, whats wrong with RP? back on topic: the balancing problem aims to simplify the whole concept of damage and defence in NC, R#188 is meant as a first stept, the groundwork for future patches.
    Nothing at all is wrong with RP, not a single thing(love RP, played a cyberpunk MOO for years). But, you have to leave all that arbitrary stuff FOR the RP.

This is a great idea.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

+1 It would be awesome to no longer have to design your build around the mess of NC's damage and resist calculations. Simplify that and all the complexity and challenge would transfer to designing a build that works well against x and y classes while working well with your playstyle. Right now it's all about finding sweetspots and tricks in the messed up calculations.

I bet most if not all of the opposition to this idea will come from current PvP players who have spent years figuring out the system and how to make builds with it and won't want to lose that knowledge now. I just hope some of them can think of what's best for the game and not just for themselves to feel good about knowing "teh uber leet secret builds".

please do not quote and comment on spambots
    /spambot nuked -Baldur
    Last edited by Baldur; 17-08-14 at 11:29.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Any plans for this happening, devs?