former king of saturn

Default Complete Awesomeness with Res Animation in 186/187

For any of you who haven't had a chance to see, while res may or may not be animating properly at the moment-- the effect is awesome for pvp/specifically op fighting.

What happens in 186/187 is the res halo remains around the runner for several seconds after they are alive.

Res in its current state really is more effective than it should be in some ways. It is stealthy, it is undervisualized compared to its appearance in the past, and whomever gets ressed is pretty much ready to get back at it as if nothing happened.

This change brings some balance to the act of ressing which I think is really quite profound.

Res wars are how many ops are won - with the simple fact that a large collection of the playerbase has one to many completely capped accounts, the relog game is a big factor. Kill 4 runners in the other clan's opteam? Ok 4 new PPU's show up and start hiding behind everything attempting to res anyone they can. It isn't uncommon for the personnel landscape to shift to 3:2 or 2:1 ppus in longer fights.

Enter, the new res animation of patch 186/187

The res corona/halo/thing remains around the character for several seconds after being ressed. This does the following:

-Calls attention to the ressed, instead of what has been an essentially uneventful since inception.
    -Protects the ressed by obscuring them with an oversized corona/halo/thing.
    -Renders them less effective and more vulnerable by impeding their view.

This change/effect is really an incredible gift that we weren't even smart enough to ask for.

1- Sneaking resses with overabundant PPU's will not go away. What will go away is their ability to res unnoticed, and then hide long enough to completely buff unchallenged. The effect doesn't change the pre-res game, just the post-res game.
    2- Creates a smoke screen around the player who has just been ressed. If you are trying to res in the middle of an opfight, the smoke screen may allow your target the ability to escape.
    3- Obscures the ressed's vision, so they can NOT be effective the second they come up.

This creates balance around res that we haven't seen before. I think it is an excellent mechanism and wish to see it in future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    For any of you who haven't had a chance to see, while res may or may not be animating properly at the moment-- the effect is awesome for pvp/specifically op fighting.

What happens in 186/187 is the res halo remains around the runner for several seconds after they are alive.

Res in its current state really is more effective than it should be in some ways. It is stealthy, it is undervisualized compared to its appearance in the past, and whomever gets ressed is pretty much ready to get back at it as if nothing happened.

This change brings some balance to the act of ressing which I think is really quite profound.

Res wars are how many ops are won - with the simple fact that a large collection of the playerbase has one to many completely capped accounts, the relog game is a big factor. Kill 4 runners in the other clan's opteam? Ok 4 new PPU's show up and start hiding behind everything attempting to res anyone they can. It isn't uncommon for the personnel landscape to shift to 3:2 or 2:1 ppus in longer fights.

Enter, the new res animation of patch 186/187

The res corona/halo/thing remains around the character for several seconds after being ressed. This does the following:

-Calls attention to the ressed, instead of what has been an essentially uneventful since inception.
    -Protects the ressed by obscuring them with an oversized corona/halo/thing.
    -Renders them less effective and more vulnerable by impeding their view.

This change/effect is really an incredible gift that we weren't even smart enough to ask for.

1- Sneaking resses with overabundant PPU's will not go away. What will go away is their ability to res unnoticed, and then hide long enough to completely buff unchallenged. The effect doesn't change the pre-res game, just the post-res game.
    2- Creates a smoke screen around the player who has just been ressed. If you are trying to res in the middle of an opfight, the smoke screen may allow your target the ability to escape.
    3- Obscures the ressed's vision, so they can NOT be effective the second they come up.

This creates balance around res that we haven't seen before. I think it is an excellent mechanism and wish to see it in future releases.
    Sounds awesome. Got a video or gif of that ?

What's a gif?

J/k. I'd like to see it as well.

Yeah, seeing that issue in some sort of visual representation would be nice.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I hate it, it makes it impossible to see if the player is alive or not, lasts WAY too long (like over ten seconds) and blinds you if you're the one getting rezzed. I agree there should be some kind of animation, but this is just silly.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    I hate it, it makes it impossible to see if the player is alive or not, lasts WAY too long (like over ten seconds) and blinds you if you're the one getting rezzed. I agree there should be some kind of animation, but this is just silly.
    no QQ pls, i like!
    dafuse | PPU-Titan |

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet kann sie behalten!!!

Hate it, too. Pretty much the same reasons Ancient mentioned. Plus, the old Res was visible enough. If the PPUs hide themself well enough, that you could not see the Res coming, then good for them. Reality is, the moment a Res is coming, atleast two tanks (with Devos) are on their way. To make that even easier just cheapens the game.

former king of saturn

The reasons that Ancient mentioned are the reasons I mentioned with a pissy spin. They are more player-centric than game-centric.

As a player, the idea of being surrounded by something that obscures my vision sounds like a straight alt+f4/uninstall. As someone who analyzes gameplay, the concept of modifying POST-res scenarios is compelling and makes a certain amount of sense.

Your second comment isn't even relevant. This isn't about controlling the res itself, because obviously people are able to be as stealth as they want. It is about changing the just-ressed experience to one that may make a little more sense. Should you res with much hp? Should you res with 0% SI and not 1% just because, you know, you were dead there for a bit?

Death means something in Neocron. That's why the game is what it is to so many people.

This effect has propositioned us:
    Maybe someone that is just ressed needs to have a different experience. One where they are difficult to target, by friends and foes. One where the fact that they were just dead means that they aren't sprinting away fully cognizant of the surroundings or able to be effective straight away. Maybe someone that was just dead and had some crazy chickenwitchdoctor.com shit pulled on them would have some kind of effect that lasted more than a split second. One that would say "damn look at this dude he was just effing dead and now he's alive, that is some crazy shiiiiiiiiiii" It wouldn't need to last forever, just long enough to impress the onlookers and maybe pull some local talent in to see if they can help with the recovery.

Sounds like a solid proposal to me.