Quote Originally Posted by Xenios View Post
    Dear Runner,

as you've already noticed we are experiencing some issues currently, potentially affecting player and / or server data. For this reason, Titan remains in testmode from now on.

After we were able to locate all problems and fix them properly, we will rollback Titan to it's state from today close to the patch release. We'll communicate the specific date later on.

Thanks for your feedback and your patience. It really means us a lot.
    While you're at it, you can make PPU playable again and fix the damage over time issues

Edit: And reconsider the changes from Neocron Evolution when they removed the DoTs from all weapons except "WoC" and Cannons.
    Last edited by Satan2k2; 05-08-14 at 21:58.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Oh boy, time to lom my tank back to melee and start punching you all in the face.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Really? this mess is the great balancing?

hacking isnt working, Drones are Crap, 90% of all Weapons are crap (but balanced) ... the other 10% are extremely overpowered
    Weapon "Bursts" are slowmotion, even my Skyrim Character draws his Bow faster, than my Highly technologized weapons... far beyond the Year 2800AC...are shooting/reloading.
    Terrormaulers now deal more Damage than Persecutor before ....
    DoTs are messed up, now we can melee down a Grim Chaser with bare hands....as a Spy (dramatized!)
    Areaweapons/Spells etc are fucked up .... Starting Grenadelauncher deals incredibely 1 Damage .... Holy Pestilence deals 33 ....

Did i miss something? (i'll bet i do .. lol)

Anyone else wishes this back? -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdVbg5qwm4

Did I miss something ?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

You can't cast anti-poison etc. in safezones

Imps are very cool now:

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/...p5fao6bih0.jpg
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    Edit: And reconsider the changes from Neocron Evolution when they removed the DoTs from all weapons except "WoC" and Cannons.
    This. I've commented several times regarding DoT's on APU spells.. Apoc/Poison Beam etc, why is there still no rare poison beam either..?

Thank you all for your patience during this rough deployment. Annoyingly due to some differences between Public Test and Retail we are seeing numerous problems that you have obviously encountered and reported. We appreciate those reports and are thankful for the feedback we have already received.

Measures were put in place to counter those differences, however due to the load on Titan (something we cannot easily produce in test conditions), Murphy's Law is back to kick us while we're down. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, hopefully the following suitably describes the issue.

Most of the current issues are caused by the way in which Neocron talks to itself internally. The issue plaguing us currently has always existed - and did in the R#185 state - but a change made on Vedeena a few months ago has "awakened the beast" as it were.

Present on Vedeena but undetected since then, the more severe version of this issue has been significantly compounded by Titan's population. Even when Titan's population is low it can easily be 1000s of percent higher than Vedeena's, this has brought forward the issues you see at the moment. Some internal logic is being incorrectly interpreted, on a small scale this "corrects" itself harmlessly - not entirely but enough to get by. Under load, this kinda-almost-nearly-correction does not happen fast enough and parts of the game have faulted quite dramatically. As you're obviously aware.

Please don't see that as an excuse, it is not, it is an honest admission of the issues we're facing. These are the issue currently being tackled.

Work behind the scenes has not stopped since patch deployment to remedy these issues. I would like to stress again that the team are very appreciative of your patience while we work to remedy this problem. You can expect an update on the issue in the next hour, even if that is simply to announce an extension of Titan's "test mode" period.

Next post, some responses to the direct feedback we have received in this thread.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

These guys are too busy listening to their own selves.
    They have their own little agendas and ideas avout what Neocron should be, and sadly for me, I disagree with their views and methods and have to suck it up.

Whatever we say here is simply disregarded and answered by "Coming soon (TM)".

As for me, instead of dealing with the frustration of looking at my all-time favorite game being consistently ruined by the people running it, I'd rather stay away from it.

Eventually they will realise that "Proportional DPM curve for weapons" is a shitty approach, and they will undertake the (harder) task of balancing everything manually since, obviously, this is how it needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    These guys are too busy listening to their own selves.
    Yep...

I really don't know ... why i messed my Time on the Testserver .... revealing Problems and discuss them with Devteam.... when they implement the same, fucking Bugs and Errors... two weeks later on the Mainserver.

Playin' now since the beginning of Neocrons first days, seen a lot of Bugs/Errors/Problems/Patches ....Evo 2.1/2.2 as well.....but that takes the cake!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...
    Time to die.

A hot-fix patch will be deployed to Titan in the next 15-30 minutes. This should correct the issues currently being experienced with stability and certain functionality failing to operate. More information when it is available.

Responses to specific feedback are still in-coming.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

As per the above, some response to direct feedback received as of 05/08/2014 @ 23:20 BST.

Hopefully this will address some concerns and acknowledge others so we may move forward constructively.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    hacking is borked, too. plain warbot is impossible on 80 HCK (like 30 HCK before).
    supply boxes are usual in difficulty, but stay locked after hacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jj dynomite View Post
    Mad Copbot and Substandard Cyberguard are too hard too. like hacking a 120/120 security safe right now.
    Hacking is one of the main issues affected by the logic issues explained in my last post. While hacking code has not been changed in this patch release, it's traffic through the game has been caught up in the issue we're experiencing. The issue is being worked on and a hotfix will be released as soon as possible. Unfortunately a time frame is not available as of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    I like the larger screen when talking to NPC's, but, maybe you could add a space between an NPC's words, and our potential replies? Its kind of sandwiched together at the top of the screen right now.

Also the camera angle during conversations is rather weird. It seems inconsistent now, changing at times. Has anyone else noticed this?

Overall though, it's an improvement!
    Thank you for your feedback. The current implementation of the new NPC dialogue window is still a work in progress. While some aspects need to be improved - such as the mentioned camera angles - we felt the benefits provided by this initial stable version, outstrip any negatives or "rough edges" at the point of release. This is something that will see improvements in future patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    I know aoe weapons had a damage nerf, but did some weapons get their rate of fire tweaked? Using a Winding Argument (rare nade launcher), it now feels like an eternity between each shot, like its so slow now it's just faster for me to use a single target weapon.
    Changes to rate of fire have been made by the removal of sub-skill effect on weapon frequency. Where pre-patch you will have gained a frequency bonus from your skills, this is no longer the case.

As weapons are now balanced by their damage per minute, we can tweak their frequency by lowering damage-per-shot and increasing rate-of-fire. If you feel any specific weapons are majorly affected by these changes (too fast, too slow), please raise separate threads in the Brainport. This will help us to investigate these weapons on a case by case basis and make changes as appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
    okay but useless for apus, cuz of the the low techlvl apu spells..
    new spells inc?!
    Can you please expand? An issue which prevented many low level APU spells from casting was fixed in this patch. I hope this is the issue you describe. If not, more details would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    In general i find the PVE and PVP damage to low. The Weapon overall damage is way lower and the fixed lowered frequency decreases it way more. Making pistols and rifles more powerful than heavy combat weapons is a deal i could live with look on the resistance the specific classes has but there are more factors like stealth and the new buffed nanites.
    I dont like this direction. Now it is making a tank to force even more on pistol/rifle setups.
    More damage for each skillpoint (ye, a tank wont reach probably not that much PC/RC than HC but its still worth it) and whats best: Quite invulnerability from piercing weapons. 77-78% resis is possible WITHOUT buffs.

I hope to see some adjustments soon. See you ingame. =)
    Thank you for your feedback. A number of aspects of a players arsenal have yet to be touched. Some of these such as armour and implants will be addressed in the next wave of changes. Balance is a constantly evolving state, if you can provide more specifics we can use that data in order to address and adjust our big picture. Part of the changes in this patch were to unravel nanites and make them more useful, if that has come too far we can of course push them back a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    Both my Assault rifle, and Substandard Pulselaser Rifle took a damage hit with the patch. I know the rifles damage went from 13 per round down to 10 dmg per round. Not sure of the pulse rifles exact drop. I believe it was doing 16, Now 11. Those figures are on lowbie mobs, Rats and Radiated Roaches.
    Thanks for the feedback, some weapons will be doing less (or more) damage per shot as they now fall in line based on TL. If a whole series of weapons feels too under-powered compared to another series, we can uplift the whole series. This would be based on long term feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    hmmm....am i the only one with sync problems ? All 3-4 sectorchanges (appartment, sewer, sector,...) i lost the connection. Syncronising.
    A number of users (including members of the Neocron Support Team) are experiencing issues with syncing. This is caused by the issues outlined in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    I would recommend to just do a lot of PvP against all the different classes and respec to get the maximum. After a month or two we should see clearer regarding the different benefits each class has or has not.
    This would be incredibly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    Thank You for making the devourer OP...i am better with the dev than the dissy =) Love Tino <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    I don't understand why the devourer is still overpowered. There were so many posts about the incredible damage and nothing changed. Now you get 5 hits of the devourer and they kill you after the sync in the safe zone due to the stack damage...

A statement of the responsible dev member to this will be nice.
    Information will be provided regarding the Devourer as soon as possible. This particular issue will be dealt with once Titan has returned to a stable state. Getting Titan back to "retail mode" is currently the top priority of relevant members of the team (which is why i'm responding and not one of them). We have not ignored previous feedback on the issue and appreciate the time spent on Vedeena to provide that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    For any further "soon (TM)" you will offer the community free ice cream First it was funny to read this but now to use in any post the "soon (TM) is a little bit ridiculous, isn't it? A sentence like "We are on it and investigating the issue and give you feedback if we know much more "
    Generally we cannot give any time frames for deployment or expected changes. Unfortunately this is due to the way in which our time is dictated by none-Neocron commitments. When we know a positive or incremental change is "coming as quickly as we're able to deliver it", we have fallen to the old 'Soon™' terminology as a catch all place holder - mainly as a tease. I appreciate that this is not always suitable nor appropriate, especially in times where issues are preventing our players from enjoying the Neocron Service.

As explained above, members of the team have continued to work on the issues since patch deployment. Alduin is currently investigating all issues identified and testing fixes internally to remedy them. A number of issues have been located and fixed, however some remain. At this time we're unable to offer a firm timeframe for a hotfix patch. With that said we will be able to confirm at least an extension of Titan's "test mode" operation, likely by the time i've finished writing this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    //////// And Now A Post With Tested Feedback, Which Is The Point Of This Thread \\\\\\\\

Something is wrong with foreign casted shields & I think SHIELDS in general. Multiple effects: #1: Foreign casted targets take random dmg (22-57 dmg all chest shots). #2: Damageboost has no effect on a shielded target, and you actually do ~4 LESS dmg. Self casted shields barely applying any defense. (Self-casted PE shields applied only 8% defense.)

//end
    We believe this is also linked to the current issues explained above. We will re-check once Titan has returned to a stable state.

Now another thing for you thick-skulled people : Making mobs harder to kill essentially changes the server's main economic currency's value (un-ressed rares).
    It is not possible to change everything in a single big-bang. Unfortunately some aspects of the game were always going to be harder hit than others when changes are made, until they are changed to compensate.

In order to remove some of the hard coded roadblocks we have had to upset the apple cart and break the status quo. PvE combat is inherently linked to PvP combat as both are completed with the same tools - player wielded weapons. In a later patch PvE combat will be adjusted. In order to tackle the main complaint from the community - both in and out of game - PvP was top of the list to re-balance. Regardless of where we started, be it PvP or PvE, we were never going to please everyone. That's simply not possible.

Do you guys even TRY to consider what the changes you make will effect things ? I think not.
    [snip]
    All we ever wanted was PVP balance BTW. Not Neocron evolution 2.2
    We do consider the further reaching impacts and in order to progress to at least some degree, certain things have to be prioritised over others. Based on community feedback, PvP came first. This is not the end state, this is the foundation for a much more iterative cycle of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by zerAruleR View Post
    Hello.

I hope i didnt double post this.

I play Apu .

Before Patch my Holy Lightning dies up to 520 dmg on Chaos Minion
    my full Slotted Holy Toxic Barrel up to 2xx something.

In patch note i read some spell effects changes. and the note that apu spells do 15% more dmg.
    The reality is, that the spells do now 15% of the damage before

Holy Lightning maximum damage of 115 on the same minions.
    Holy Toxic Barrel 33-34.

I went out of cave and quit the game.
    In nc1 times the people said. npopd ( never play on patch day )

i be sure you will fix this soon.
    you do great work.

so long

zerA
    This is to be expected. The 15% extra damage is a relative change. APU does 15% more damage in comparison to a Tank weapon of the same Tech Level. Overall the damage out put of a number of weapons has been changed, you should not expect 15% more damage than pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan2k2 View Post
    While you're at it, you can make PPU playable again and fix the damage over time issues
    Can you expand on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    You can't cast anti-poison etc. in safezones
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    This. I've commented several times regarding DoT's on APU spells.. Apoc/Poison Beam etc, why is there still no rare poison beam either..?
    Please utilise the Brainport for any suggested additions to the weapon line up.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

Hotfix R#187 has now been applied to Titan.

With the release of R#187 Titan remains in "test mode" until we can be sure stability has been restored. As of this post the "test mode" operation of Titan will continue until 19:00 BST on Wednesday 6th August 2014 (tomorrow).

Once we are satisfied with the stability of Titan, a full database roll back will be performed at the end of the test mode period. Any progress made between the deployment of R#186 and 06/08/2014 @ 19:00BST will be reset. Titan will be rolled back to it's pre-R#186 state at this time.

No specific patch notes are provided for R#187, this patch addresses the stability and functionality issues discovered in R#186 when applied to Titan. Many issues experienced under R#186 were caused by the knock on effects of internal server crashes, which should now be resolved.

This includes but is not limited to the following: Hacking (including HackNet), drone combat, spell casting, vanishing shields/buffs, foreign affects sticking and server (visible and internal) crashes.

Any continued odd behavior not related to weapon balance changes, should be reported here as normal.

For information on the cause of the stability issues, please see my prior post.

We appreciate your patience during this rough deployment and hope to see you in game.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-08-14 at 01:53.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

former king of saturn

You can kill yourself with a Nanite Pyrolizer tool as of r187

former king of saturn

Also, the res animation has changed and it seems pretty awesome. If it is on purpose, bravo, if it's not-- we should probably find a way to keep it.

Is the huge reduction of the damage output of mobs intended? I've been fighting 4-5 launchers without a care in the world as a low level spy. I can't say a specific level but when i started my dex was 30. Pre-patch i had to be super careful. I assume it is linked to this

An additional damage boost given to NPCs/Mobs based on their level has been removed. This is now achieved by the Tech Level dependence of weapons.

Right after the patch I went down into the sewers, PP, lev 3 just to check out my weapons. I noticed the mobs like Bats, black roaches and even spiders AI seemed a bit less fuzzy. Meaning they actually moved to attack me as opposed to wandering around. That's a good thing. But with this I noticed the black roaches, the flying ones were doing like 140-180 dmg per hit on my Assassin, who's lev 23. That seems rather high damage for a creature that gives 17 exp when killed (and is hard to target btw!).
    Last edited by Valandur; 06-08-14 at 03:32.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast