Default A week or so of observations

The thing that prompted me to try neocron again was because I kept getting deluged with emails about Anarchy Online's 13th anniversary. I started first the beta of this & one weekend the server was down & the forums were talking about AO, so I gave it a shot. But NC clicked more with me so I stayed here.

First thing I noticed is this everquest for balance. That same old song has been going on since the game began.
    I'd say forget about it. After 13yrs there are just going to be some classes/breeds/weps/etc that are better than others and thats just the way it is. It's not gonna make everyone play one class, people are still gonna play characters they like.
    From a business standpoint you can't please everyone, so if one class is perceived to be stronger others will complain so then you nerf the stronger & increase the weaker and then a whole bunch of different players will complain. Let if go already.

Due diligence on the obvious things. For example, i did the quad quest & whilst tagging genreps I forgot there are fire mobs near TG. Dead in like 15 seconds. In real time that was 4 hours ago, do you know that that friggin quad is still not back in the garage? thats a 13yr old problem. After 1hr in game it should despawn. Why make it a chore & not a pleasure.

Another obvious thing. A tank had the intel of a lobotomite, starts off with 10 weapon lore. With a nicely made & modded noob grenade launcher I can go to one of those spots & in 2hrs have 35str, all with that 10wep lore reticle closing in all zippity doo dah. I know it cause I did it

I made a variety of other characters. One of them a spy droner. I start him off with 50 remote control and 40 will power. I literally have to get right up a sewer rats butt and the reticle closes slower that molasses in winter. Common sense would lead you to think starting off with the higher skills would yield faster results.
    Thats not a balancing issue, it's a common sense issue.

And I understand the machinations that go into changing things. I was so involved with NC that i eventually migrated to the inside side. Although everyone i knew best, danae, nidd, snow, and a guy with an F, forseti ? they all seem to be gone now

I have 3 premium accounts on AO & I renewed them all. Then I reinstalled NC and I haven't gone back to AO because I like NC, but thats money i would have gladly paid to NC.

Welcome back.

If you want to support NC, there are two major ways of doing so:

1. Create bug reports / issues in the development section of this forum. Providing feedback in the aggregate form of a post such as this one, is valuable - but creating actionable items for individual bugs / problems, makes it easier for the dev team to address them and keep track.

2. Donate some money
    There is a well hidden donation page on the project website (why make it easy, eh?): http://www.neocron-game.com/help-neocron-donate
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Welcome back.

1. Create bug reports / issues in the development section of this forum. Providing feedback in the aggregate form of a post such as this one, is valuable - but creating actionable items for individual bugs / problems, makes it easier for the dev team to address them and keep track.

2. Donate some money
    There is a well hidden donation page on the project website (why make it easy, eh?): http://www.neocron-game.com/help-neocron-donate
    3. If you think you have what it takes to help in the development of Neocron, apply: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...cation-Process

As for the quad/vehicle issue: it is mostly a technical issue why despawning takes so long, hard to work around it currently.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    The thing that prompted me to try neocron again was because I kept getting deluged with emails about Anarchy Online's 13th anniversary. I started first the beta of this & one weekend the server was down & the forums were talking about AO, so I gave it a shot. But NC clicked more with me so I stayed here.

First thing I noticed is this everquest for balance. That same old song has been going on since the game began.
    I'd say forget about it. After 13yrs there are just going to be some classes/breeds/weps/etc that are better than others and thats just the way it is. It's not gonna make everyone play one class, people are still gonna play characters they like.
    From a business standpoint you can't please everyone, so if one class is perceived to be stronger others will complain so then you nerf the stronger & increase the weaker and then a whole bunch of different players will complain. Let if go already.

Due diligence on the obvious things. For example, i did the quad quest & whilst tagging genreps I forgot there are fire mobs near TG. Dead in like 15 seconds. In real time that was 4 hours ago, do you know that that friggin quad is still not back in the garage? thats a 13yr old problem. After 1hr in game it should despawn. Why make it a chore & not a pleasure.

Another obvious thing. A tank had the intel of a lobotomite, starts off with 10 weapon lore. With a nicely made & modded noob grenade launcher I can go to one of those spots & in 2hrs have 35str, all with that 10wep lore reticle closing in all zippity doo dah. I know it cause I did it

I made a variety of other characters. One of them a spy droner. I start him off with 50 remote control and 40 will power. I literally have to get right up a sewer rats butt and the reticle closes slower that molasses in winter. Common sense would lead you to think starting off with the higher skills would yield faster results.

And I understand the machinations that go into changing things. I was so involved with NC that i eventually migrated to the inside side. Although everyone i knew best, danae, nidd, snow, and a guy with an F, forseti ? they all seem to be gone now

I have 3 premium accounts on AO & I renewed them all. Then I reinstalled NC and I haven't gone back to AO because I like NC, but thats money i would have gladly paid to NC.
    Welcome back Heywood. I agree 100% with everything you wrote.

Welcome back.

2. Donate some money

Thanks for bringing that to light because I had no idea how to do so (although the 13yr old bug of vehicles remaining spawned is not exactly new)
    I asked in game on the help channel yesterday for something related and no one knew what to do.

As for the donation page, that should be front & center as everyone knows the game is run by volunteers.

What I'll do is login now & if my quad is still spawned in the wastes i'll give it a bit longer, but if my quad is garaged I'll donate the same amt I spent on those 3 AO sub renewals

Welcome back.

2. Donate some money

Thanks for bringing that to light. I had no idea the methodology in place now to report such things (though a 13yr old vehicle despawn bug is not exactly new).
    I'd asked yesterday in the help channel about something similar but different and no one knew the right thing to tell me.

As for the donation page, it should be front & center.
    This is what I'll do. I'm gonna login & if my quad is still spawned in the wastes near 24hrs later I'll be patient & see what happens over the next few days. If it has despawned and I can ride it I will and I'll donate the amt I spent on 1 AO renewal. If you fix it in the next month where it despawns within 4 in game hours I'll donate the equivalent of those 2 remaining AO subscription renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    3. If you think you have what it takes to help in the development of Neocron, apply: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...cation-Process

As for the quad/vehicle issue: it is mostly a technical issue why despawning takes so long, hard to work around it currently.
    12/13yrs ago I was a younger man with more time on my hands but I wouldn't rule out giving it a shot.
    If someone official wants to pm me to verify who I was thats fine with me. Just so you'll know I'm not just blowing smoke
    Last edited by heywood; 30-07-14 at 18:39.

Thats odd, after this post suddenly my posts are to be reviewed by a moderator before appearing
    Looks like our anti-spam measures are having a closer look at a few posts today. Anyway I've approved your post.

Your stuck vehicle, yes it's an old issue. There is a work-around (Although I admit it's not a very good one).

You can find out where it is by going to a Citycom, then clicking Runner -> My Runner -> Ownership. There you will find a list of your vehicles. Click on the vehicle you have lost and it should tell you where it is. It may be back at the ASG garage or it may still stuck in the wastelands

Now some zones are visited frequently by runners (For example J01) and vehicles will de-spawn in a reasonable amount of time.

However some zones (For example K01) are infrequently visited and are not loaded by the servers until needed. As result of the zone not being loaded by the servers, no vehicles get despawned until a runner visits the zone again. So to get your vehicle back if it is stuck in a quiet zone is to visit that zone for about 10-20 minutes.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Regarding the OP, if APU's were to be left the way they are on currently Titan, I'd never consider playing this game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Regarding the OP, if APU's were to be left the way they are on currently Titan, I'd never consider playing this game again.
    I don't have a monk of any sort yet so I don't know if that means you feel they are over powered or under powered.

But think about these guys, the volunteers and even before. 13yrs of constantly getting jerked around with beefing about one wep is over powered, 1 class is underpowered, the tail has been wagging the dog too long.

From what I remember for all the bending over backwards they do they get little to no thanks. Thats why i say let it go, dump all this balancing stuff. Because the they guy who likes to play an res/const/imp/recycle/salvager who's weapon is a pinfire nail gun is gonna beef "Why don't i p0nz0riz3 in pvp too ????" what then, bend to that whim too?

Anyone who was 18 when the game cane out is def in their 30's now, suck it up & move on. Some classes & weps are just gonna be better. Give these guys a rest already

I do also agree with that.
    I behave as a signature

The REAL Walker

/snip
    Ok you clearly do not have any kind of clue of how bad the balancing is currently.
    APU's are useless, melee is useless, PE's are pretty damn bad (although not nearly as bad as APU/Melee).

Theres VERY few weapons used in PvP atm.
    BHG with Ionic Pistol the the most used for spies (and the only thing used for PC spies).
    Dissy gets used a little aswell (as the only rifle).
    Tanks have it a bit better.. They have a woopin' 3 weapons that are used.. CS, Dev and Ionic Cannon.

So yeah, the balancing is very fucking needed. And is the only thing that gives NC any kinds of hope for a future.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Ok well I logged onto the balancing server. I assumed there is a way, like the click of a button that maxes all your class's stats so then you can try out various setups.

I found how to get lots of money & buy stuff i might need, where do i max my stats ?

Re: the balancing thing. I feel that the constant jerking around is what might be detrimental to the game, the whole "balancing" song has been sun since the games debut. Leave it as it is & after another 10yrs of bickering it'll still be the same. Dump it & it might open a whole new set of people to the game

Use the altar that brings you to Ceres Temple. There is a NPC Tank in Camo PA to the left of the entrance. Talk to him, he spawns a rat, kill that rat, receive a metric shit-ton of XP. Rinse, repeat.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Is there an auto poker there that i missed as well ?

Is there an auto poker there that i missed as well ?
    ... no.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast