The main idea of this balancing is to have the same damage in one minute with cannons of the same tech level. So a slow firing weapon make more damage with one shot than a weapon with a faster frequency. So after one minute both weapons should do the same damage. I'm against the idea of increasing the damage of faster firing weapons. Than we have the same problem as before: overpowered weapons and nobody will use the other weapons (WOC AK)

Several things:
    * The frequency stated in the info window is shots and not bursts per minute
    * The closure of the reticule actually determines the probability of a weapon to hit on an approximate per burst basis, this holds for beam as well as for conventional weapons. If you watch closely in bursts of conventional weapons there are also shots which sometimes miss
    * The damage output (not the frequency!) depends non linearly on the difference between a player's (sub-)skills and the weapon's requirements

On the progress side of things: the bugs which surfaced throughout the last week have been eliminated in the development version. There is only "one" showstopper left in our way to releasing this patch: improvements in terms of server stability. More details on the planned work and balancing in the era after phase one will follow soon in form of a blog post.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    The main idea of this balancing is to have the same damage in one minute with cannons of the same tech level. So a slow firing weapon make more damage with one shot than a weapon with a faster frequency. So after one minute both weapons should do the same damage. I'm against the idea of increasing the damage of faster firing weapons. Than we have the same problem as before: overpowered weapons and nobody will use the other weapons (WOC AK)
    So what would the point of using a fast freq weapon?
    Its harder to use than a slow freq weapon (unless you have really bad aim and just spray&pray).
    Fast freq weapons needs a slight dmg boost over slow freq weapons.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Are you still using that pistols are more damaging than cannons formula? I only ask as it would confuse the shit out of new people just by defying the laws of physics and common sense.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    So what would the point of using a fast freq weapon?
    Its harder to use than a slow freq weapon (unless you have really bad aim and just spray&pray).
    Fast freq weapons needs a slight dmg boost over slow freq weapons.
    A slight damage boost would be OK but it should not bring the situation back that every Spy will use the AK/Reaper Assalt and no one use the other weapons. The idea makes me a little bit nervous that we get the overpowered weapons back...
    Do you have an idea that will be a good compromise for all weapons?

Yes. A slight boost.

I always thought cannons were meant to have slightly more damage to compensate for having the highest runspeed debuff, pistols with the lowest and rifles somewhere in between.

problem now is.since the runspeedcap the runspeed is so low now that the speedreduction from using hc wepaon had to be reduced from20% to 10 %. now with all people moving so slow it doesn t make a big difference and spy are getting caught easier than before. well but i think the problem in the future will be spys are equal in 1 on 1 with tanks and tanks will just get raped in op fights or in the wastelands because spys can stealth and will surprise them. and with the aoe dmg atm it s not likley to kill a spy in stealth. something has to be done with the runspeed so spys are harder to catch but tanks need more dmg to have a chance to kill them when they got them in aim.
    Last edited by brand; 30-07-14 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I always thought cannons were meant to have slightly more damage to compensate for having the highest runspeed debuff, pistols with the lowest and rifles somewhere in between.
    They were. Originally.

Personally Id rather see cannons dishing out the most damage but having the slowest player speed. Aiming should be fairly slow (reticle closure speed) on them also - low wep lore ofc.

Rifles and to a higher degree pistols should have faster speed of player movement (pistols being faster) and faster reticle closing speed. Their damage should be proportionate to this also - ie lower than the cannon.

Rifles should have a mid-range effect on movement speed and pistols should have none. You need 2 hands to hold a cannon and aim it, the same with a rifle, even whilst hip firing.

Pistols being one handed, and the shortest ranged should be favoured in terms of aiming and speed but the pistol player would need to be able to hold his aim that much more consistently to compete with the tank. The tank should be able to put a big hole in the rifle/pistol user if he gets him in his sights.

This would be A) common sense and B) the most balanced.

Yall are forgetting that a tank has the highest defenses, and spies are the 2nd lowest. Thats why rifles & pistols should be doing around the same dmg as tanks if not a tad more (how it is currently on the test server). Otherwise, Spies would be useless unless sniping.

ANYWAY, I'm gunna be on the test server for a good bit tonight. Looks pretty much like yall have everything sorted and fixed, so is there anything else I should test?

PS: I know ive read that ammo was changed so there was no increase in total ammo dmg from using the base ammo vs modded ammo, but I'm wondering if it's supposed to be the exact same ENERGY dmg on the ammo on certain types. (Ie: a few that I saw were base ammo (just an example): 220 ENR, and High-Frequented (the ammo that was MORE enr and no additional dmg type): 220. Kinda seems like this change made a bit of ammo mods useless...change em around to add different dmg so they're not useless maybe? That can come in a later patch though. Those were really only used for PvE.

but atm spys do a lot of dmg to tanks on the testserver. so when a spy does what a spy does, stealthing around and attack tanks from behind, tanks need a chance to turn and make the spys stealth real quick. that s why spys can t be as strong as tanks in 1 on 1 because he s able to stealth. but because of his low resistance spys need their speed advantage again

mit dem fehlenden G Ryosai Bladewin's Avatar

Just my two cents, but back in NC1 spys were practically frag meat for tanks. Unless the spy did what he was made for, sniping the fuck out of other people from a distance instead of roflcopter-killing everything with the disruptor.

Well then, let's see how this works out with the new patch.
    Ganz hinten im Bus und so ...

As the patch related to this discussion has moved to Titan, please continue any discussion (and raise any unmet points), in the new discussion thread. Thanks.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123