Default [R#186] T#198/T#199 - The Last Release Candidate - Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

please discuss the current testserver patch, which will mark the end of phase one of the Balancing Project, here. Please make sure that we do not break the newbie experience, after all we do not want to drive new players away with this patch! The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Just wanted to say, literally awesome work you've done here!
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Cracking update from team!

Hopefully no issues from this so we can get it onto Titan quickly! But we need you guys to test it, and report back in the Bug Forum. The QA team will then be able to get anything cleared up.

See you all on Vedeena
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

Well done guys!! Patch it as it is and force us to play it. best way to find out how it works. My only exception for now is that PVE damage is cut half.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Cheers runners,

please discuss the current testserver patch, which will mark the end of phase one of the Balancing Project, here. Please make sure that we do not break the newbie experience, after all we do not want to drive new players away with this patch! The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    This could be the first post for the blog of the balancing team where is the post?

If I have some time the evenings of the weekend I will have a look on the current patch. But well done so far

Woohoo i might start playing again =)

I can't shoot with any weapon with my HC Tank (grenade launchers, rocket launchers, raygun cannons, fusion cannons, plasma cannons/waves, flamethrowers, freezer cannons and gatlin cannons... so all weapons and fresh bought from the npc's)
    Rifle/pistol Spies and APU's don't have the problem. All weapons/spells work fine. So I created a new character to check if my character is buggy. But as I was in the woc temple to push my stats and draw the dirty knife there was no hit and no damage visible... The fists with ALT+H also don't work
    As we figured out on the test server it's a class related problem. With a Spy, APU/PPU and PE you can hit with the fists. I lomed my PE on HC and.... surprise... the cannons work fine...

EDIT: if you have points on psi use and psi in your psi pool bar you can shoot with the hc/mc weapons.

The PSI consumption is increased, again? With the last patch a resist/combat/support buff took ~130 PSI. Now it's raised to ~173?? That's a little bit to harsh I think. Now you can buff one player if you have more than 450 PSI and take a PSI booster and wait a few seconds to buff the next player. The new formula should affect not all spell classes in common. The PSI consumption of the PPU spells was OK before.

The devourer still does too much damage. A full buffed APU with 80 fire resist, heavy fire belt, shields and running heal dies after 5 shots by the poison stacks: it doesn't matter if I change the belt to a heavy poison belt. The behavior is still the same. So please have a look on the flamers again. They are too overpowered.
    Last edited by Massaker; 19-07-14 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    I can't shoot with any weapon with my HC Tank (grenade launchers, rocket launchers, raygun cannons, fusion cannons, plasma cannons/waves, flamethrowers, freezer cannons and gatlin cannons... so all weapons and fresh bought from the npc's)
    Rifle/pistol Spies and APU's don't have the problem. All weapons/spells work fine. So I created a new character to check if my character is buggy. But as I was in the woc temple to push my stats and draw the dirty knife there was no hit and no damage visible... The fists with ALT+H also don't work
    As we figured out on the test server it's a class related problem. With a Spy, APU/PPU and PE you can hit with the fists. I lomed my PE on HC and.... surprise... the cannons work fine...

EDIT: if you have points on psi use and psi in your psi pool bar you can shoot with the hc/mc weapons.

The PSI consumption is increased, again? With the last patch a resist/combat/support buff took ~130 PSI. Now it's raised to ~173?? That's a little bit to harsh I think. Now you can buff one player if you have more than 450 PSI and take a PSI booster and wait a few seconds to buff the next player. The new formula should affect not all spell classes in common. The PSI consumption of the PPU spells was OK before.
    Ouchy! I placed an additional check to avoid psi use becoming less than 1 into the equation but in the wrong place -.- Dumb mistake -.- Thanks for spotting this and thanks to Bifrost and Kronos for tracing it down so fast! Am fixing it right now!
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

A hotfix has been pushed to Vedeena. In addition to fixing the weapon usage issue, the psi use of all spells has been lowered by 20%.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

I can't get into hacknet by hacking a GenRep in an outpost, plaza, headquater of my faction or in my appartmemt. Hacking belts also doesn't work. I only hear login security passed but if I click on the belt I read in the chat "damn locked".
    I bought new hacktools (tl 30, 55 and 75) from the npcs but its still the same behavior.
    Checked this with two characters. One full hacker and one rifle spy

Edit: I tried to hack a warbot (80/80) but the hacks are too difficult now. My spy has 95 hacking and the screens look like this:

IMG_1033.jpg

Same problem with Mad Copbots (48/48) and Substandard Cyberguard (16/16)
    Last edited by Massaker; 20-07-14 at 11:40.

I can't get into hacknet by hacking a GenRep in an outpost, plaza, headquater of my faction or in my appartmemt. Hacking belts also doesn't work. I only hear login security passed but if I click on the belt I read in the chat "damn locked".
    I bought new hacktools (tl 30, 55 and 75) from the npcs but its still the same behavior.
    Checked this with two characters. One full hacker and one rifle spy

Edit: I tried to hack a warbot (80/80) but the hacks are too difficult now. My spy has 95 hacking and the screens look like this:

IMG_1033.jpg

Same problem with Mad Copbots (48/48) and Substandard Cyberguard (16/16)
    Thanks for spotting this! I am on it!
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Thanks for spotting this! I am on it!
    He's found the problem, and it will be fixed. But we are not releasing a hotfix to Vedeena for this, as we don't see the need currently. But rest assured, it will not make it's way onto Titan
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

The damage of the turrets is too low. I can counterheal my tank with nanites and medi kits against a gatlin turret mk3. Damage could be increased by 20%. Now the turrets are only toys with no usage (maybe the stun traps are usefull) and any op fight team will laugh about the damage output and will not destroy them and earn them when they take over the op.

The damage of the turrets is too low. I can counterheal my tank with nanites and medi kits against a gatlin turret mk3. Damage could be increased by 20%. Now the turrets are only toys with no usage (maybe the stun traps) and any op fight team will laugh about the damage output and will not destroy them and earn them when they take over the op.
    Hmm, have you tried all the turrets? Or just the Gat's MK3 ?
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team

The artillery turrets are quite ok. The damage big gatlin turrets, plasma turrets, small mg turrets (the yellow ones) and the laster turrets are also a little bit too low.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast