Thread: Community

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sigh, I can see this is going nowhere as usual. For the record I don't have neg SL chars and I don't go around ganking unsuspecting runners in PP for fun (nobody ever does this btw). I do however, actually play the game and I deal with the realities of the situation and they are not good atm.

I didnt say stop the balance patch. I said turn auto SL regen back on or turn PP into a warzone, I compared this this suggestion with the turning on and off of double XP. That doesnt detract from the balance why should my suggestions.

Anyway... Enjoy your summer

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    For the record I don't have neg SL chars and I don't go around ganking unsuspecting runners in PP for fun (nobody ever does this btw). I do however, actually play the game and I deal with the realities of the situation and they are not good atm.
    So if its the player behavior that casues the problem its not exactly the SL gain that needs fixing...
    So the realities of the situation are what? People go around and gank mindlessly, get negative SL and then leave again due to boredom, leading to a doubled decrease of players, once from the leave of the ganked people, once from the leave of the gankers. Am i getting that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I didnt say stop the balance patch. I said turn auto SL regen back on or turn PP into a warzone, I compared this this suggestion with the turning on and off of double XP. That doesnt detract from the balance why should my suggestions.
    I'm not so sure, what exactly puts you into the position to say that it doesn't detract from balancing. How can you fathom what effort is necessary to realize this change? Whats you basis?
    I just think you are going a bit far out on a limb here.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I'm not so sure, what exactly puts you into the position to say that it doesn't detract from balancing. How can you fathom what effort is necessary to realize this change? Whats you basis?
    I just think you are going a bit far out on a limb here.
    I happen to know a Neocron Dev, but to satisfy your ignorance why not let Zoltan answer.

To be clear on something that is being incorrectly assumed. Development is not halted. The team have not downed tools and "gone on a break". Some of us, quite rightly, have vacation time over the summer months but that does not in any way mean the whole team simply stops.

Summer was pointed out in relation to server populations. Neocron's server populations always dip a bit during the summer months every year. With a small player base like ours, this is somewhat more noticeable in game. Populations were always going to taper off after the launch of Titan, this is something we expected.

We continue to work on new features and experiences to reduce the "same old same old" fatigue, experienced by many of our long serving community members. It is this fatigue - after all, Neocron has been around a long time - that was responsible for some of that run off. We'd obviously love to see populations return to Titan launch levels.

Unfortunately we're a team of limited resources, as we all contribute to Neocron on top of our ~40+ hour working weeks in the real world. A lot of the things we want to do take time to implement, however if you think you have the skills to muck in and help with those changes, we're always happy to hear from people who have the relevant skills. Plus, if you don't have the technical skills, you probably have the Neocron skills to help us out on our Public Test Server.

We have some stuff lined up for "Next Patch+1" to address the difficulties of regaining SoulLight, these changes will come to the Public Test Server once we move the "Next Patch" to Titan.

We really need the assistance of the community to get to that point though, it's an important patch and we need to make sure it's in good shape before moving forward. A lot of testing needs to be done. While we carry out our own testing, it is simply not feasibly or physically possible for the small number of us to test everything the balance patch touches. This is why we have repeatedly asked for help with this. The faster we (the NST and the Community) bring the first balance patch to Titan, the faster we can address other issues - including the regaining of SoulLight.

Rather than get "angry and frustrated", help us bring you the patch you've been waiting for. Log into the Public Test Server, do some testing and give us some feedback. We're not far off the release of that first balance patch - a patch we've discussed with the community at every possible step - but testing to make sure it's "Titan Ready" is slowing us down quite considerably.

SteveJinx, welcome to the community. I hope you enjoy the game, feel free to drop any ideas you have to improve it into our Brainport.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 10-07-14 at 19:31.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Indeed we are not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    but testing to make sure it's "Titan Ready" is slowing us down quite considerably.
    This. We are fairly confident that the weapons are performing as we want/tell them to, but we need to check. There are a lot of weapons.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The balance really is needed, it might bring lots of people back and make the game less annoying. Right now my routine with neocron is this.

1. Log on.

2. Look for people to fight.

3. Log off as theres nobody.

I do this for a couple of days then I just forget about it for weeks or months then I try it again, and if I'm lucky it goes like this!.

1. Log on.

3. Find a fight but die cos its been months since I played.

4. Try to find a poker / repairer.

5. Fail as theres hardly ever people around let alone ones I trust to repair my Mc5s /weapons.

6. Get bored and log off

This again can last months..

Basically in order to keep it playable for now PP1 needs to become a neofrag type zone with instant respawn and no sl loss (expect not the screw up game rules NF has) so people can just fight non stop as much as they like. I know the death penalty is part of what made neocron pvp so fun and tense but with the current number of players it just makes dying incredibly annoying so people zone whore and use ppus non stop.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    The balance really is needed, it might bring lots of people back and make the game less annoying. Right now my routine with neocron is this.

1. Log on.

3. Log off as theres nobody.

I do this for a couple of days then I just forget about it for weeks or months then I try it again, and if I'm lucky it goes like this!.

1. Log on.

3. Find a fight but die cos its been months since I played.

4. Try to find a poker / repairer.

5. Fail as theres hardly ever people around let alone ones I trust to repair my Mc5s /weapons.

6. Get bored and log off

This again can last months..

Basically in order to keep it playable for now PP1 needs to become a neofrag type zone with instant respawn and no sl loss (expect not the screw up game rules NF has) so people can just fight non stop as much as they like. I know the death penalty is part of what made neocron pvp so fun and tense but with the current number of players it just makes dying incredibly annoying so people zone whore and use ppus non stop.
    Well it looks pretty obvious that they have no plans of releasing any sort of balancing patch till winter. Hopefully there will still be enough people left. I know everyone that I play with won't be coming back till then.

I'm not sure there will be, I want to play but the lack of population really is making it not fun, especially as all the mechanics in-place are designed around lots of players (imps falling out, repairing gear, leveling). Without numbers its just hell, pvp is very rare and dying means its over normally cos you can't get pokes, and I have 1 character because I got bored trying to find a group to level with and I have no intention of grinding for weeks on mobs I can solo.

Hell it would be nice if just until they do release the balance patch and get more people to play they let us make capped characters with a full setup but just make it so they can't drop anything. I just want to pvp without needing to wait hours to find somebody then wait hours again for another fight if they die =(. Oh.. and I want a damn pistol and rifle spy/pe without weeks of grinding

rare occasions for PvP = plenty of time for raising new chars without boring grinding, just by playing the game, amirite?

No because the pve is boring as sin and mostly designed for groups which you can never find, so rare occasions for pvp = rarely every playing instead.

If the pve was fun and doable solo I would just level up some character, but even in its hay day it was a grind with crp and what not, now that you'll be forced to find solo areas to level its just complete hell.

maybe i can help you, diablo, cause i'm doing new chars all the time, just for the fun of it. if you want, DM me and tell me the name and skillrank of your preferred non-capped char, so we can go on a fishing trip. or hunting. or whatnot... shooting at things.

You must be the only one here doing that Torg tbh because I guarantee that the majority of people got bored of that a long time ago.

what is the german word for masochist?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    what is the german word for masochist?
    "Ehrenamtlicher Helfer"
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

while living in different roles and trying out new, or long forgotten things i also meet new players. people who never played NC before, or who did so like 10 years ago. and people who fancy playing traders, and even people doing some mild RP. and none of those folks seem to be bored. and none are complaining about the game. quite an entertaining experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    while living in different roles and trying out new, or long forgotten things i also meet new players. people who never played NC before, or who did so like 10 years ago. and people who fancy playing traders, and even people doing some mild RP. and none of those folks seem to be bored. and none are complaining about the game. quite an entertaining experience.
    i hope you both have a great time then torg. Clearly your imagination is far more powerful than mine.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast