Thread: Community

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Community

Hello everyone!

I am new to the game and have played for about 1 week now, i see on OOC/Trade and Help that people say this game is dead, is there not something we can do to get more people into the community of Neocron? Somehow make us stand out from other games? As i said i have only been playing for a week and i think it is a awesome game. Just wish it could be more active with more people and lots more things going on. Because tbh it gets kinda boring doing tl 150 missions all day. I would just like to see more going on and i hope you guys would love to see more going on too. Just something that has been on my mind for the last few days now and i thought i would share it and see what you think. Please feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJinx View Post
    Hello everyone!

I am new to the game and have played for about 1 week now, i see on OOC/Trade and Help that people say this game is dead, is there not something we can do to get more people into the community of Neocron? Somehow make us stand out from other games? As i said i have only been playing for a week and i think it is a awesome game. Just wish it could be more active with more people and lots more things going on. Because tbh it gets kinda boring doing tl 150 missions all day. I would just like to see more going on and i hope you guys would love to see more going on too. Just something that has been on my mind for the last few days now and i thought i would share it and see what you think. Please feel free to comment.
    first off, greets and welcome! glad you like the game, yeah it has a great feel to it.

anyways, yeah finding more people on this game is always the great challenge....i've heard there are people waiting for the big balancing patch to come through and change some high level weapons to be more effective.....among many many other things.....once that hits, we should have a bit better server pop.

as for attracting people....i'd say, hey, tell your friends! spam about it on facebook, or maybe we can organize a pvp event at the battledome! i'm sure there's a bazillion ideas out there that might work.

also i know there's a big german population that usually starts logging on around 4am westcoast time in the US, you might be missing the peak hours.

the ooc and help spams about game is dead is most of the time said by people that log in and wonder why there is none waiting already online to fight with them.

more people would be great cause pop got low, many waiting for that big balancing patch, if it will raise the pop again is another question. Just enjoy the game, adv a bit on the common socials and dont only run tl 150s

the funny thing about neocron is: theres so incedibly many things to do (stop doing 150s! now!). dont worry about population. its summer. and world cup. and big improvements coming... as soon as the volunteer developers get things done. for now: have fun!

You can always track population on http://stats.techhaven.org/en/server/titan
    In game is always something to do. Fight for OPs, craft guns, collect tech parts, help and chillout with others in Plaza 1. Post ideas for improvements in Brainport section, do not let this game die!

I hardly know anyone :S i always ask people if they want to rhino hunt or regants or mc5 or whatever i can do. Not many people are interested in doing those things and only fighting. I trying to keep my le in as long as possible to explore my options and get some capped chars on the go before i decide anything. Thank you all for commenting and making me feel so welcome! If any of you guys want to do anything in game feel free to give me a shout. Working on a rifle spy at the moment to start doing some hoverbots, i have a ppu if anyone wants to start doing them as i need to start building a rare pool! Cheers guys!

Gms need to get this patch going or give it up completely. Anything is better than nothing at this point. The people who say the game are right it is dead now. And its getting to the point where it can't come back. It's time to do something for good or bad

I agree...personally i have given up hope that nc will ever flourish again...I had high hopes when the volunteer team took over and then started a new server...but the truth is they have not done enough to get people wanting to play again (the best change they have made was making unressed stackable). All their efforts are being put into this new patch but yet only one GM is working on it lolololololololololololol you would think with all their eggs in one basket they would have more than one person working on it!

Well, summer hole anyone? And i think there are at least 2 people working on the balancing
    Tho I don't see how more people would accelerate things. The more people work on a project the more effort you need to supervise them, up to the point where one person does nothing else then Human Resource... less is more
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

This game's death has been coming for years, ever since it's legal/money issues. They can no longer pay for development, thus only being developed by volunteers.

There is no incentive, for the owner, to really push this game anymore. It is up to us/you to aid in it's development, by either word of mouth or your donation of either time/money.

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    It is up to us/you to aid in it's development, by either word of mouth or your donation of either time/money.
    Ssssh, be cautious if you apply reason to this community, they usually don't react well to it...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    This game's death has been coming for years, ever since it's legal/money issues.
    The foundations of Neocron are stronger now than they've ever been. People were wrong about its demise over a decade ago and they're just as wrong today.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

It's not a question of right or wrong, dead or alive, it's a matter of stagnation. We had such momentum built up with this new server, we had hundreds of people playing all day everyday. The prospect of changes and finally balance was so strong that people actually has hope again. That hope has now dwindled away to frustration and anger. I don't know if you guys realize just how hard it is to convince people to come back and play this game.

I understand that the balance is very difficult to do and all that but something needs to be done now. At the very least do something about the Soul Light gain/loss. When there arent enough people on to op fight, players seek fights in Pepper park, fights in Pepper park have no regard for factions or allies, they just want something to do in this game. Turn pepper park into a warzone, or fix the clan war system. Bring back auto SL gain... There are things that can be done now that would greatly improve things ingame.

I have never liked Faid or SXR but I couldnt agree more with what he just said. There are so many things the volunteer team could be doing to help the game but they don't do it for one reason or another. I will be back to play nc when some changes are made to help the game...not hurt it. So see ya in 4-6 years =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    I have never liked Faid or SXR but I couldnt agree more with what he just said.
    Lols <3 you too tino

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast