Thread: Community

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

First thing: I am note sure you already realised it - IT'S SUMMER - Sunny, Hot just one time per year.

Next thing: Yes you may have thousands of idea how to get the game in a better state then the current, we have these ideas too but these ideas didn't find the way into the game by just writing about it somewhere. it needs to get implemented in a very aged architeture full of problems. We - the team - also have the right to have some free time apart from Neocron. The balancing is in a well going step by step it may happen that the balacing will raise some deep bugs which you interpret as "new maybe wrong way of the balancing" but there is a dedicated forum to discuss about it.

We are not lazy many things have changed and prepared in the meanwhile but don't try to enforce something by writing such negative posts. A patch will come if we are find its stable enough and "shippable".
    Last edited by Zoltan; 08-07-14 at 22:16.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

well Zoltan, how about you guys take some time away and enjoy the summer But before you go, could you please turn automatic Soul Light gain back on, and could you please turn pepper park sectors into warzones. I dont know if this requires countless hours of coding to do but it would be greatly appreciated I assure you

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    The foundations of Neocron are stronger now than they've ever been. People were wrong about its demise over a decade ago and they're just as wrong today.
    I second that.

I know another game that was in a similar state once. I have played that game a lot since 1999 when it first came out and I still do from time to time. It is called Jagged Alliance 2.

In 2004 it was made Open Source. One of the first things the volunteers did there (besides porting it to C++) was to externalize many parameters that were hard coded (e.g. stats for guns & chars) to reduce the effort for alterations greatly. That's comparable to what our NST is doing right now to make the balancing process possible at all.

It took some time but JA2 is going stronger than ever now. If anybody is interested I recommend checking out the Bear's Pit forum and version 1.13 of JA2 with its latest build. If you like turn based RPG strategy with strong characters and a gritty story and care more about game mechanics than graphics it's a gold mine for every gamer. Yes, it's bastard ugly but it is one of the coolest TBS ever.

The best part about it all is that professional game companies are also getting more interested in the game again, with two of them making new games for the franchise.

A loyal fan base is a good reason to do so for them.

Regards

Haha sounds like Zoltan is getting upset =) this new server has been out for a long time now and we all have watched the population die...even during the winter lol There are minor changes ya'll could have made to make the game more enjoyable and would not take much time or uncover problems. One example would be the soul light changes YOU guys made that have only made the game worse. Im sorry if you do not like to hear what the community thinks but this is an open forum to discuss why people are not interested in playing nc anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    ...could you please turn automatic Soul Light gain back on, and could you please turn pepper park sectors into warzones...
    so you would trade development of the game in general for 2 minor improvements for you and your friends? i see.

The pvp in neocron is the best iv ever played...enough said =) this is for everyone brah

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    so you would trade development of the game in general for 2 minor improvements for you and your friends? i see.
    Zoltan just said he wants to take a break from the general development of the game because its summer and whatnot. I simply wanted him to turn SL gain back on so the countless number of people who left because their SL is so screwed up they can't even GR will come back and play again. There are simple things taht can be done without hindering the progress of development, double xp is one of them, why can't this be?

Zoltan just said he wants to take a break from the general development of the game because its summer and whatnot.
    Where? When?

I simply wanted him to turn SL gain back on so the countless number of people who left because their SL is so screwed up they can't even GR will come back and play again.
    To do what? Ganking allies? As we stated before in several disussion about the sl system - we are on it.

There are simple things taht can be done without hindering the progress of development, double xp is one of them, why can't this be?
    Because "double xp" is something special. Don't be that naive, what would happen if you get double xp say we for 1-2months? It becomes finally "normal" and you are bored again. You won nothing! Apart from this it should not be the goal to have a char capped within hours to get finally bored at max levels to bug us again at the end ;p We need to have more exciting character-grow-experience. One of these things can be completly reworked levelspots just for example but this will need - you guessed it right - time for development.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Can we all agree that neocron pvp is the best pvp ever! lets get more people fighting! give bonuses that stay on every member of the clan all the time and not just in OP zones..you can change the bonuses to be like +10 agility or maybe +10 hc =) Can you imagine the OP fights for control of the zones that give you a boost in combat all the time!?!?! also you should really do the soul light regain over time again...it was like timeout for nc but you didnt have to wear your finger out running missions. Missions should be a last resort if you want to be positive sl in a hurry...so you can get back out on the battle field and not let the other team know where your at =)

Been @ 100 SL for ages, never had problems with soullight dropping.. you must be doing something wrong.

Granted, I did use Devourer + Zoneline sometimes..
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I second that.

I know another game that was in a similar state once. I have played that game a lot since 1999 when it first came out and I still do from time to time. It is called Jagged Alliance 2.

In 2004 it was made Open Source. One of the first things the volunteers did there (besides porting it to C++) was to externalize many parameters that were hard coded (e.g. stats for guns & chars) to reduce the effort for alterations greatly. That's comparable to what our NST is doing right now to make the balancing process possible at all.

It took some time but JA2 is going stronger than ever now. If anybody is interested I recommend checking out the Bear's Pit forum and version 1.13 of JA2 with its latest build. If you like turn based RPG strategy with strong characters and a gritty story and care more about game mechanics than graphics it's a gold mine for every gamer. Yes, it's bastard ugly but it is one of the coolest TBS ever.

The best part about it all is that professional game companies are also getting more interested in the game again, with two of them making new games for the franchise.

A loyal fan base is a good reason to do so for them.

Regards
    "Primed!"
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Default heh

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan the Magnificent
    To do what? Ganking allies? As we stated before in several disussion about the sl system - we are on it.

Pssst. Hey you! I need to show you something! Follow me to the aggie cellars....

Zoltan just said he wants to take a break from the general development of the game because its summer and whatnot.
    He didn't say he wants to take a break. He said "It's summer" - you know that big yellow thing in the sky that makes it great to be outside down the pub? Also there is some fantastic sport on. I'm enjoying the world cup this year.

I simply wanted him to turn SL gain back on so the countless number of people who left because their SL is so screwed up they can't even GR will come back and play again.
    Why can't you do missions like everyone else does to get soullight. Or if you want a quick way to get SL, do the Epic. That give out loads of SL. As you keep forgetting, SL is your criminal reputation within Neocron - if you want to be a criminal in Neocron that's fine, just learn to live with consequences of being a criminal.

There are simple things taht can be done without hindering the progress of development, double xp is one of them, why can't this be?
    Double XP is great but it really can screw up your money, as your income is halved. When leveling try buying your next gun to level with, then getting it researched and constructed without borrowing items, cash off your mates or your clan. You will be close to broke when you done this.

Now put a newbie into this position and think what the end result will be? (Clue they will quit) I'm sure you do want newbies to play the game, level up and then PvP to come and kick your arse in Pepper Park?

Also you never answered Torg's question. You want the NST to take their resources away from getting the balance project done right? I suspect the players in long 30+ page long thread wont be so happy if that happens. Soullight isn't perfect but balance is way more broken than the Soullight system.

Fix SL issues as a priority- Implementing an AutoRegen feature such as the current one in place for FS is the best suggestion and shouldn't take much work. Great way to attract players back immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    As you keep forgetting, SL is your criminal reputation within Neocron - if you want to be a criminal in Neocron that's fine, just learn to live with consequences of being a criminal.
    People don't want to be a criminal, but they want to behave like some. They want inconsequential Q3A-like frag sprees.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast