Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    So I spent some time looking at various weapons. Obviously I am not one of you glorious GM's, and Developers. I don't see the how weapons were spaced by TL, or even how categories were chosen.
    Me neither, and you don't have to, there is THN's Item Database for that!

I'm not sure if the hand grenades where ever more then just gimmicks. I also don't think they are thought out very well the way they are now, they are a H-C STR AoE item, which makes them attractive mostly for tanks... the class which has the most AoE weapons anyway and especially in that level range uses mostly the GLs so... they don't really need them at all.
    For other classes who lack AoE weapons like spies and PEs there is little incentive for cross-speccing this early in the game, simply because you need every point somewhere else to squeeze everything bit of usefulness out of you noob gear.

Now PvE balancing will only commence after PvP so its kinda pointless to look into damage of the grenades I guess.
    WHAT I would like to see however is making them a DEX & WEP item so that all 3 gun toting classes can use them. Since they are not recyclable and can get pretty heavy when bought en mass I think there is no fear that Tanks lose their monopoly on AoE here.

Also, why we are there: Hightech-Energy Hand Grenades! T-C required "EMP" Freezer-weapon nades anyone?!^^ huehuehue
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 03-12-14 at 18:14.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Oh, I looked there, just some of the weapon upgrades are on top of each other... That is what I don't understand, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by necrocon View Post
    Oh, I looked there, just some of the weapon upgrades are on top of each other... That is what I don't understand, lol!
    What exactly don't you understand?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I just don't see where the decision was made for what weapons, were going to be offered at each level. Like here for HC weapons since they are relevant to the conversation.
    G-Launcher, Hand Grenade, (flamer), Hand Grenade, G-Launcher, Flamer, Hand Grenade - then some variance with a R-Launcher, and the Gatlin Canon. I'm not knocking it really. I just wonder when the game was designed, how the selected the weapon progression is all. It seems pretty random, but it probably isn't. There isn't a pattern that I can pick out, in any of the weapon trees, be it pistol, rifle, or cannon. Now on Spells, those seem to kind of follow a pattern.

3 Street Model Grenade Launcher STR:3 H‑C:7
    5 Self-constructed Trash Grenade STR:5 H‑C:12
    10 F12 Flamer STR:10 H‑C:25 (Jones Starter Mission)
    16 Unlabeled Hand Grenade STR:16 H‑C:40
    21 Trash Hand Grenade STR:21 H‑C:51
    23 Grenade Launcher STR:23 H‑C:53
    24 Self-Constructed Spraycan Flamer STR:24 H‑C:55
    31 Hand Grenade STR:31 H‑C:63
    34 Defender Rocket Launcher STR:34 H‑C:67
    40 Unlabeled Gatlin Cannon STR:40 H‑C:75

Also I didn't notice the hightech grenade before. Lol! Notice, the TG Freedom Strike Epic though. I've never used them. Are they unlimited? Or is that a burn out epic? Some factions have some pretty crappy epics. Others like are pretty sweet! Few things though are as good as the Jones Mission starter vehicle available to all, but Monks I think.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123