Default Any love for some negative SL gameplay?

I'll be short and to the point: noone goes red SL, because rediculous amounts of things drop per death. I know there should be some sort of punishment for negative SL, but if it's SO FUCKING HIGH noone ever will do it, then whats the point?

Right now if someone gets low sl, they run away, and go hide while they do recycle missions until their hair falls out and their eyes start bleeding.

Solution: Perhaps remove the safe slot like before, but limit items dropped to 1? Also: Perhaps in battlezones, where positive SL people drop NOTHING AT ALL, perhaps also the same for negative SL?

Just some thoughts. It seems ridiculous that we have all these PP battles, but we all can't kill each other for fear of having to recycle until our hair falls out, we get cancer, and our bodies get recycled into the earth.

This way, we could have more PVP events in battledome, which is like, made for pvp, right? And neofrag just doesn't cut it.

Maybe make PP1 a battlezone too? hahaha.

I mean let's face it. PvE for more people is a means to get equipped for PvP. PvP should not be a chore like it is today.

former king of saturn

Some people actually just quit instead of trying to get their SL back up. The SL system is cool but it does need to be more robust. One of the easiest answers here is to have SL auto-regain (slowly) until the player is no longer actively shot by copbots.

The biggest pisser about SL is when someone who you are not attacking dies and you all of the sudden go from -10 to -45 because you hit them with splash damage or an errant burst. If that was the ONLY thing that could be fixed, the difference would be night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    The biggest pisser about SL is when someone who you are not attacking dies and you all of the sudden go from -10 to -45 because you hit them with splash damage or an errant burst. If that was the ONLY thing that could be fixed, the difference would be night and day.
    About which situation are we talking? City fights? Just don't do AoE.
    Caves? Shit happens, watch where you shoot. If someone gets in you way constantly, tell him and then stop rezzing him.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I dont think its neccessary to change the drop system heavily for the people who has sl 100.
    There needs to an alternative mission for the runners who has less than -31 soullight or a mini epic through the wastes that will after completed , set the soullight back to the point where u can use genreps again.
    It takes weeks to get from -40 to - 25 because its fucking boring to do 3 missions for 1 sl point. Slowlyness dont need to be everywhere. Just create a small quick done mission , so people can jump into pvp again ,at least at the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal`c View Post
    I dont think its neccessary to change the drop system heavily for the people who has sl 100.
    There needs to an alternative mission for the runners who has less than -31 soullight or a mini epic through the wastes that will after completed , set the soullight back to the point where u can use genreps again.
    It takes weeks to get from -40 to - 25 because its fucking boring to do 3 missions for 1 sl point. Slowlyness dont need to be everywhere. Just create a small quick done mission , so people can jump into pvp again ,at least at the same day.
    Agreed. The system as is encourages people to just sit around and hoard. Would be good to see some pvpers outside of a controlled setting

excuse me. but wheres the problem? you wont loose SL in op-fights. just in cityfights or while cave-farming, by killing allied or neutral toons. which in turn is easily avoided: all you need to do is not killing them. or AoE blindly. say, whats so difficult in PvPing in PvP areas, and trading in trade areas? Compared to other MMORPGs, death in NC is ridiculous. all you need to do is wait out the SI, get imped, get back into action. what else would you want to remove to make the game more boring? may i ask you to just care for the game mechanics, instead of dreaming up a game without mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    excuse me. but wheres the problem? you wont loose SL in op-fights. just in cityfights or while cave-farming, by killing allied or neutral toons. which in turn is easily avoided: all you need to do is not killing them. or AoE blindly. say, whats so difficult in PvPing in PvP areas, and trading in trade areas? Compared to other MMORPGs, death in NC is ridiculous. all you need to do is wait out the SI, get imped, get back into action. what else would you want to remove to make the game more boring? may i ask you to just care for the game mechanics, instead of dreaming up a game without mechanics?
    This is not true, death is Neocron is a pain.
    In every other MMO I played, you just click and go back into action.
    In Neocron you have to wait SI (which is fine), you have to get poked (which would be fine if there were pokers, but getting a 115 is often hard) and you may loose items in belt.
    I have not played another game where you can loose your stuff, it's the only one.
    Loosing items in Neocron is a thing I like, since it adds the thrill when you fight.

But loosing all your stuff at once is just stupid.

No hack on red SL belt + loosing 1 item would be enough.
    I behave as a signature

Both, Castr0 and Torg, got their points.

Torg just said the same as me. Whatch what you frag in caves. If you AoE in city fights your are asking for SI.

But Castr0 also has a point, especially at the current pop getting back into action is a pain. Not only the imping, you also have to wait till SI is down to get poked and then another time after GRing back to where you where leveling if there is no rezzer or you where soloing in a cave cuz reasons.

But thats actually besides the point. What do the devs say? to SI?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Personal opinion, not that of the team, does not suggest this is the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    What do the devs say? to SI?
    I've always thought that optionally paying to respawn with 0 SI (premium replication service!) would provide a much needed cash sink.

However, that's off topic for this thread. Regarding the topic at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Artricia. View Post
    Right now if someone gets low sl, they run away, and go hide while they do recycle missions until their hair falls out and their eyes start bleeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal`c View Post
    The patch after the balancing one will have various updates to SL-regain missions and living with negative soul light.

Just some thoughts. It seems ridiculous that we have all these PP battles, but we all can't kill each other for fear of having to recycle until our hair falls out, we get cancer, and our bodies get recycled into the earth.
    Striking a balance between keeping distinct factions plus their political relationships (a very core feature of Neocron) and having a suitable gateway to plenty of PvP is a difficult thing. I'd hate to see the day where everyone can kill everyone and just go about their business. We might as well remove factions on that day.

This way, we could have more PVP events in battledome, which is like, made for pvp, right? And neofrag just doesn't cut it.
    Battledome has the same rules as Outposts. So as long as you start said PVP event there, you should not have any issues.

Maybe make PP1 a battlezone too? hahaha.
    Perhaps we need to rework the rules for various sector types? After all Pepper Park currently has Neocron 2 SL rules, which is when NCPD managed to regain a fairly significant hold in the district. They no longer have that hold since we removed the CopBots (and TS/BD moved back in). We can't have it simply turn to pure anarchy though, as several factions live there and should at least be partially protected from ganking by the soul light system.

We have a pretty unique problem in that we let players fight pretty much anywhere. That really does complicate matters. I don't think there are too many MMOs still around that let you openly attack anyone where newbies roam freely.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 28-06-14 at 18:20.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    i dont know what you spent your time with, but i suggest trying Eve Online: Death means losing your ship, your weapons, your cargo, your implants and sometimes also some of your exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i dont know what you spent your time with, but i suggest trying Eve Online: Death means losing your ship, your weapons, your cargo, your implants and sometimes also some of your exp.
    Which is what makes it a snorefest of studying table calculations and multi box farming. Thanks. I can have that for less with Ogame.
    NC is an action oriented FPS-RPG, not an economy simulation.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    IMO you should do at least 20% damage to a person, before you loose SL.
    Because I think everyone have lost SL because of a few stray bullets.. And that is just dumb IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Torg when will you learn...

As for death in nc being a pain in the arse. Yes. Another reason why people stop fighting, as dasore said.

Torg I imagine you rarely die in PvP as you don't do it, so why would you try to change the rules for those who do want to?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Torg I imagine you rarely die in PvP as you don't do it, so why would you try to change the rules for those who do want to?
    Didnt die on Titan yet. Not enough spare time to go full neocron, sadly. And no, i dont want to change the rules. You do. Sorry, im still opposing attemps to make the game more convenient for deathmatch aspirants. right now you lose SL for being inattentive at PvP. and right, thats a nuisance. i believe it should stay this way. really, i wouldnt want us to lose weapons, armour, inventory, implants and some exp on death. like in certain other MMOs.

on second thought: really, you think ppl stop fighting because of fear of (ingame) death? bah. carebears.

Going to be a lot of responses to a lot of people, so bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg

I do care for the game mechanics. What bothers me about this is that Negative SL is just a punishment tool, not as a actual way for people to play the game.

So we have all these factions, pro and anti city factions, and everyone runs around with positive SL. Where's the guys hanging out in the negative SL zone? Nowhere. Everyone just grinds missions until positive SL, since it's not really viable to run around with negative SL unless are your items are swapped out.

Would it be possible to have red SI people again?

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0
    This is not true, death is Neocron is a pain.
    In Neocron you have to wait SI (which is fine), you have to get poked (which would be fine if there were pokers, but getting a 115 is often hard) and you may loose items in belt.
    I have not played another game where you can loose your stuff, it's the only one.
    Loosing items in Neocron is a thing I like, since it adds the thrill when you fight.

But loosing all your stuff at once is just stupid.

No hack on red SL belt + loosing 1 item would be enough.
    Yup. Agreed with this. Look at wow. Repair costs, res sickness, andddd you're back.

Even EVE, with everything getting dropped on death, is actually a bit easier than Neocron. If i want to PvP without losing anything on Eve, all i need to do is get a faction high enough, store my clone there, make a fresh clone without any implants, get a small ship i don't care getting blown up, and then sail off. If i die, i just pop back to my other clone with all my imps and main ship. No prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    I've always thought that optionally paying to respawn with 0 SI (premium replication service!) would provide a much needed cash sink.
    Great idea. Would solve a lot of things, with minimum effort! But this is still fixing half the problem, which is getting people back to PVP quickly. But doesn't solve the problem of trying to play as a red SI character.

The patch after the balancing one will have various updates to SL-regain missions and living with negative soul light.
    Awesome, good to hear, thank you.

Striking a balance between keeping distinct factions plus their political relationships (a very core feature of Neocron) and having a suitable gateway to plenty of PvP is a difficult thing. I'd hate to see the day where everyone can kill everyone and just go about their business. We might as well remove factions on that day.
    Yeah, would definitely not want that. You're right, it's a balance between the two. But...when was the last time someone even hung out in the negative SL zone in outzone? Place is deader than DOY when i checked. Wouldn't it help neocron to have more of a "criminal element" in the city again? Just doesn't feel right to have EVERYONE including all the PVP'ers with positive SL. Maybe i'm a bit of RPer.

Battledome has the same rules as Outposts. So as long as you start said PVP event there, you should not have any issues.
    If someone went to battledome with negative SL, and wanted to start pvp events, would they still have no issue? I'd like to see battlezones where negative SL and positive SL wouldn't drop anything. I don't believe that's the case as it is now.

Perhaps we need to rework the rules for various sector types? After all Pepper Park currently has Neocron 2 SL rules, which is when NCPD managed to regain a fairly significant hold in the district. They no longer have that hold since we removed the CopBots (and TS/BD moved back in). We can't have it simply turn to pure anarchy though, as several factions live there and should at least be partially protected from ganking by the soul light system.

We have a pretty unique problem in that we let players fight pretty much anywhere. That really does complicate matters. I don't think there are too many MMOs still around that let you openly attack anyone where newbies roam freely.

Agreed. Perhaps a battlezone inside the city, that isn't going to be near where noobs need to go for missions? The power room in plaza 1 for example, people run there for pvp alllllllll the time. You're right about PP, too many factions.

Again, at least with EVE, there was systems where you could "store" your clone, make a fresh one with your stats, and pop off in a tiny fighter and get killed with 0 penalty. It's funny you compare Neocron with Eve, because imo Eve is even EASIER than neocron to just run out and pvp. I'd rather lose tons of small fighters, corvettes, even a battlecruiser with no prob compared to losing say...my WOC PA on my PE on neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout
    IMO you should do at least 20% damage to a person, before you loose SL.
    Because I think everyone have lost SL because of a few stray bullets.. And that is just dumb IMO.
    Good idea! It's a start.

Didnt die on Titan yet. Not enough spare time to go full neocron, sadly. And no, i dont want to change the rules. You do. Sorry, im still opposing attemps to make the game more convenient for deathmatch aspirants. right now you lose SL for being inattentive at PvP. and right, thats a nuisance. i believe it should stay this way. really, i wouldnt want us to lose weapons, armour, inventory, implants and some exp on death. like in certain other MMOs.

on second thought: really, you think ppl stop fighting because of fear of (ingame) death? bah. carebears.
    Yeah, people do stop fighting, believe it or not. You should check it out sometime.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast