Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    cityfights are for... people who dont want to go outside.
    So.. they are for gamers?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    So.. they are for gamers?
    so, drachen, you think you're meta or something? tell you what: i've been outside, today. in the city. without a fight. so?

So what? You did it wrong, obviously.

2meta5u
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

I kindly remind you all to get back to topic now, else we will have to close this thread.

On the topic: excluding a certain class from fights is never a good option, because you will always upset those people. Maybe instead lowering the downtime due to death should be lowered. However Neocron should not become a MMORPG version of Quake or the likes.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    However Neocron should not become a MMORPG version of Quake or the likes.
    Ah. words of wisdom, finally.

Regarding PPUs: this subclass should not be as irreplacable as they are today, but just one among several different means of defence. as i pointed out earlier, i'd rather see tanks have massive armour and (genetically engineered) resists, while near to no benefits from PPUs.

Regarding cityfights: why would you want to put one side on a severe disadvantage, unbalancing fights to a point, where only stealthing spys would stand a chance in a raid, excluding the other 3 classes? i'd rather go for more faction guards in plaza and viarosso.

on second thought: i shall continue that important meta discussion elsewhere-

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    However Neocron should not become a MMORPG version of Quake or the likes.

Why not? Genuinely here. It will solve the problem you have of low populations in a heartbeat. Combat is at the heart of the game. Why deny it the life it needs?

It used to have fast paced, high octane combat in all areas of the game. Today it has none of that. The FPS crowd is a massive market and the mmo market equally so. Neocron is so far behind the times now that it needs something not based on outdated graphics to encourage and appeal to the mass market. Fps gamers traditionally have not cared much about graphics as long as the combat element is there. If you want to appeal to the players they need something they can fall in love with in the game. The ones who want to come and play it for its atmosphere will find that difficult with <100 people online and 50% of them dual logged and/or afk.

If you bring the pvp back you bring the players back. If you bring the players back you bring the atmosphere. If you bring the atmosphere you have NC how it should be. Smack talk and combat. Everything else is just a grind.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 11-06-14 at 21:36.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Why not?
    He is probably implying that this would come with a loss of complexity. Then it would be bad.

But loosing the lock on time and homing projectiles/beams... wouldn't be sad about it.

I take your point but I would like to hear his response, either officially or otherwise.

To me I see a brutally simple development plan for nc but I believe that that aim is not shared by the dev team, or at least it doesnt appear to be going in that direction. Personally I would like to see that change dramatically and very soon.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

No ppu interference would make fighting in the city SO much more fun, the number of times complete rookies fight 5v1 with ppu support is what keeps making me not play for a while... without a ppu you can kill a few of them or at least scare them off with the ppu though even the most incompetent player can beat a good one.

Theres an inherent difference between city fights and fights outside. OP fights are about teamwork which is where ppus belong, city fights are more about small scuffles or 1v1 fights and ppus have no place there, the balance of them is just way off for it. In a OP fight you can have 20 people to help you kill them, in a city fight a single ppu completely changes the outcome as their buffs are so potent and they can just rezz anybody who dies with almost no threat
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

sorry, guys. Neocron went retail in 2002, its the same graphics engine since - how on earth do you dream up NC being able to compete with brand new online shooters? there's one thing Neocron does better than any other game: being a post-apocalyptic cyber-punk MMO. with all the character development, faction tensions, abundance of ingame lore you could ever ask for. unfortunately just because i'm playing Neocron for 12 years now i have no frakking right to ask to the removal of parts that seem inconvenient to me. we need to strenghten that RPG part, not remove it. Go play planetside, unreal tournament, call of battlefortress or whatyoulike, if RP isn your cup of warbot cola. no hard feelings, but... really.

(and yes, the PPU role is causing problems.)

The REAL Walker

Its always Torg vs. the rest of the NC community..
    Wonder why that is..? Maybe because you are always wrong, Torg?

On topic: PPU's does fuck up small-scale fighting balancing up bigtime. But I really do not see how it would be possible to fix it, without destroying some of the things that makes NC great - freedom to do whatever you want.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Its always Torg vs. the rest of the NC community..
    Wonder why that is..? Maybe because you are always wrong, Torg?
    That statement is false.

And if buffs get cleaned on sync? This way at least the parked PPUs in safezones become pointless. I think this would prompt people to form small fighting groups to support each other.

That statement is false.

And if buffs get cleaned on sync? This way at least the parked PPUs in safezones become pointless. I think this would prompt people to form small fighting groups to support each other.
    Or it could go the other way and make everyone leave when they cant find anyone at the zone line

The REAL Walker

That would have to be a city-only thing. And Im honestly not a fan of having different mechanics in different zones.
    (If buffs was removed on zoning - AoE at opfights would fuck up opfighting completely)
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    That would have to be a city-only thing.
    Yep, this.
    Guess I forgot to mention that specifically, its basically an iteration of OPs idea, which is limited to the city as well.

Regarding the different mechanics with different zones, well the City sectors are the only ones with safezones anyway so they are already endorse some sort of different playstyle.

So yeah, barrels on the UG would be fucked up even more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast