Default Improve Cityfights (After Balancing patch)

So after all the PVp balancing every class should be viable against every class again what do you think about disallow foreign ppu psi casts in city sectors?

Back to the good old clashes without any ppu. Of course, they can still be there to rezz and stuff but fights will be fair again. probably own casts for spys and PEs get back in buisness either the nanites technologie. All this means alot more fun for everyone.

discuss.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Not sure this will really have the desired effect. It will surely lead to a lot of moaning i guess.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Sounds like crap for me.
    I'm a PPU, and I want to support - I'm not a Rezzbitch.

You're looking for 1:1? Use Holomatches.
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

also dont like it, then you have chars only for city fights with nanites cause they are probably stronger then any other chars without. And for op fights you have other chars again with dont need nanites cause they can use ppu shields. Fights have always been free to use what you want, also ppu

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    also dont like it, then you have chars only for city fights with nanites cause they are probably stronger then any other chars without. And for op fights you have other chars again with dont need nanites cause they can use ppu shields. Fights have always been free to use what you want, also ppu
    ^This, this is exactly what would happen, if you stopped allowing PPU foreign casts in the city.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Just some quick thoughts to what u've said:

Leopump: PPu still could active support. DB, true sight, (paralyse?), standing in LOS.
    Dasore: Is weaponlore still that much importat as weaponfrequency is fixed on all weapons? Dat bit damage, cmon.

Anyways Im just afraid of the lowered pvp damage. In outposts you got enough free space but in city sectors with all the corners...
    Ok i'll ask again after the patch.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    (...)

Leopump: PPu still could active support. DB, true sight, (paralyse?), standing in LOS.

(...)
    Really? Now I should be greatful...
    On your thoughts: I can cast Truesight, DB (maybe three times) - Then I can go afk, until I need to re-cast. Except Para, btw.

Do you really think it's fun to play like this for PPUs? => Nope!

I understand your point, but I don't like it.
    If you want to fight without - real - PPU Support, talk to other ppl in PP3 or somewhere else? Or use Holomatches?
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

PPUs are killing the fights in the city. If you guys cant see that then I feel sorry for you.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    PPUs are killing the fights in the city. If you guys cant see that then I feel sorry for you.
    Then go to CRP and kill the players while shooting them in the back...

The original idea of Neocron was to create a MMORPG. I think you know meaning of the letters, don't you?
    At the moment the player count is very low but this shouldn't be the reason to make a PPU useless or boring to play. If your main class is a PPU it is very abasing that you are only viable in op fights and in the city you can only log a trader if you are not interested in playing an other class...

My opinion: lets wait for the launch of the balancing patch and play for a few month until discuss about this topic.

Should talk about the retarded SL ruleset instead of this, as far as city fighting goes.

Sl system is fine just fix (implement) the war fuction works correctly.

@ Leo, it should be fun, cause thats the only active thing you do and most ppus dont do cause they busy with recasting shields and heal. Keep in mind im talking about a rule AFTER the balancing patch. A ppu will distort the competition even more and this results in more ppus etc. If every ppu would come with a fightcharacter we all had much more fun.

Next to the fact that we hopefully get some new players with the patch they cant use the advantage of 1+ accounts like we have and self buffing in savezones which is unfair either. I talking about this due to my view on the gamehealth and it would make it way more casual. Take what you got and shoot and dont get shot down in unfair nibfights.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Better rework neofrag instead or create a small fight sector for the duel lovin runners. Disallow monks to help/fight in urban terrain in general is the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    some stuff.
    I have got absolutely no idea what your point is. Sorry. Can you explain it a little better?

Can you also think about the bigger picture in this also. Just because one person wants to play their ppu in one zone or not should not mean that the rest of the server has to abide by their rules. PPUs disrupt and generally imbalance small scale fights. They are bad news for small scale pvp in general.

Some people want to go fight in small scale battles, either because their mates arent online or they have none who play. This is acceptable. If you loiter there with your ppus then one side gets buffed and one doesnt one guy has the advantage and so the fight becomes unfair, one-sided and ends rather quickly. This defeats the point of the fight. It then becomes a ball ache for the other guy to go get his stuff and makes him less likely to return.

The other thing that will happen is that guy could go get his ppu and then come back and suddenly through the snowballing effect of the imbalance of the ppu you now have an op fight team in pepper park. Nobody wants to die so everyone runs off and zones at half health.

Sure some of these issues relate to other problems. The cost of death, the imbalance of fights between classes and a plethora of others spring to mind. But at the end of the day having one pretty short sighted player bringing his ppu into pepper park you are upsetting the apple cart for everyone else.

Years ago the community would shun ppus in pepper park as they were for the most part cowardly and unnecessary. Yeah sure we could argue that with a working NF things would improve but we could make that argument about a lot of the game. Small scale fights are all some people want. If you cant get them and the op fight scene is quiet when you log on, what are you going to do? go gank some levellers as you suggest? genius idea. Wait a moment, they all either quit or have their LE's in... oh fuck. Didnt think of that. Ok so there is noone to kill who is levelling, there is no op fighting going on, Pepper Park is still full of ppus because you dont have the balls to log on a char with a gun/other weapon... Who is there to fight now? Nobody. I guess I should log off....

So next time I come to log on do I want to spend half an hour looking for a fight without a ppu or should I log off and go play something else?

Please, argue with that logic.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 10-06-14 at 14:25.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

cityfights are for... people who dont want to go outside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast