Cool Development Blogs Relaunch

Hi Community,

Check out this initial introductory article to the Neocron Team's new Development Blog initiative.

Cheers,
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Will anybody post there something in the future?
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Of course!
    Xenios
    Web Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»There are no problems, only solutions.«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Xenios View Post
    Of course!
    Just do it, Xenios ;p
    Post something cool! ;>
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Now more than 30 days are past but there is no blog post so far. Where is the first blog? I mean, you wanted to post updates more frequently but it's the same behavior as before with the development update where we wait for months...

Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post
    Now more than 30 days are past but there is no blog post so far. Where is the first blog? I mean, you wanted to post updates more frequently but it's the same behavior as before with the development update where we wait for months...
    Change your habit of checking for news every few days/weeks to checking Neocron’s development status every 4-6 months. It makes for a much nicer experience!

On a more serious note (not that I was kidding before), what is to gain from WIP updates and frequent milestone updates?
    Unless it's something that can be shipped anytime soon, it would only increase expectations and fuel disappointment if not delivered on schedule, no?
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

What is there to gain?

something is ALWAYS better than nothing.

You have been around since the KK days and you ask a question like this - after seeing how notoriously tight-lipped they were and how the community raged about it? Information is always good because people feel more a part of the project. Certainly the people who put in the hours to test stuff at the least and make contributions in other ways. They deserve an update as they have something invested in the game and its current changing dynamic. The rest of us have something invested too, our time gaming. As much as it is a hobby it is still something that we each have vested time and effort and in some cases money into. To that end it is a basic human need for validation. We want to know it was all FOR something. Dev updates satisfy that need. We know that things are going in the right direction and can see an end result.

I would think this is blindingly obvious tbh.

Lack of it just makes us bored, depressed and wanting to go find something else to spend our time and money on.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You have been around since the KK days and you ask a question like this - after seeing how notoriously tight-lipped they were and how the community raged about it? Information is always good because people feel more a part of the project. Certainly the people who put in the hours to test stuff at the least and make contributions in other ways. They deserve an update as they have something invested in the game and its current changing dynamic. The rest of us have something invested too, our time gaming. As much as it is a hobby it is still something that we each have vested time and effort and in some cases money into. To that end it is a basic human need for validation. We want to know it was all FOR something. Dev updates satisfy that need. We know that things are going in the right direction and can see an end result.
    Imagine, the NST must feel no different. I think they invest just as much, with even less gratification. And yet they receive a lot of flak for whatever they do. Bring something quick and its "rushed", take your time and your "inactive" and whatnot. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I wouldn't feel much motivated either to post something unless i had the feel it was truly satisfying - an impossible feat actually.
    Also they do respond a lot in the according threads like balancing. Check the activity stream, they are active.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^