Thread: Double XP?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

the next wipe ll kill the game...

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    the next wipe ll kill the game...
    Agreed.
    One wipe was painfull.. Another will be it for me, and probably a lot of other players.
    The last "wipe" was kinda needed though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

double XP for the start of the world Cup ?

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

I may have missed something, but is anyone talking about a new character wipe? It would appear that all that's done has been done to preserve the integrity (and longevity*) of the game. That includes character progress, and I would feel more secure knowing my chars are in the present team's hands than in the past 8 or 9 years. And I "lost" a fuckbucket full of chars and rares. (Literally, one fuckbucket.)

Napper, Sir! Love the idea of double XP for world cup. How about linking it to results? Maybe link this to a poll on here. Make those mods work as hard as they used to

*and enhance balance, stability, reliability, transparency, sexiness, and make more fun

Sweden did not qualify because we suck so I suspect that is 100 DKP minus for me then

No double XP when the servers are down for over a day... What the hell? Why not?!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox View Post
    6 characters to level

CBA, they are all 0/2 and barely left their apartments before I realized what I had ahead of me and alt+F4'd

(By the way, why has the terrible low-level grind not been addressed? 0/2 to */15-20 is awful. All the weapons are terrible and don't improve very quickly.)

Are you serious? 0-20 is a couple of hours at most. The tl3 grenade launcher is one of the most overpowered levelling weapons going.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Are you serious? 0-20 is a couple of hours at most. The tl3 grenade launcher is one of the most overpowered levelling weapons going.

pfft, just repair a car with about 200k worth of nanites, bam, if you're a psi, you got capped str, dex and around 50 or so int. perfect for hitting 69 vehicle skill, enough to drive a tank. find a partner, get in zee tank, bam you're lvling up your psi and int. only thing left is your con. bam. also bam

Quote Originally Posted by Artricia. View Post
    bam. also bam
    Yeah, then add double XP and you get "bam bam, and then BAM".

Quote Originally Posted by Artricia. View Post
    pfft, just repair a car with about 200k worth of nanites, bam, if you're a psi, you got capped str, dex and around 50 or so int. perfect for hitting 69 vehicle skill, enough to drive a tank. find a partner, get in zee tank, bam you're lvling up your psi and int. only thing left is your con. bam. also bam
    This works if you're not brand new to the game. I realise youre clearly not new but come on now youre preaching to the choir here. Im not really new either. IF this game is going to survive then it needs an influx of new players. They need overpowered weapons and a plethora of missions to catapult them to mid level to make sure the hook gets them deep. The first 20 or so levels should be the fastest to get by a long way, in this respect Apocalypsox has a point. However nobody should be reliant on experience to make a good start. They should have this laid out in plain english from the moment they fire up the game.

Mr Jones is a cracking start to the game but he needs to have his items made useful/relevant across the board and then he needs to refer people on to the next round of missions - in the Job Centre where players go to work for the various corporations of Neocron. These corporations should then essentially teach the player the bits they missed in mc5 or just refresh the details they lost out on and by the end they should be pushing /30.

If they dont want to stay at this point then youve done all you can in my mind. If they do then all good.

Obviously when you have capped your first char and have infinite amounts of money/friends/other resources to go at then you can use the repairing trick. That goes without saying.

I've made several threads on the subject and even had some missions and the like written up a while back but having received no acknowledgement I kind of gave up.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm View Post
    Fact of the matter is were losing players because people don't want to do the grind again. I doubt we will lose any players by increasing the xp rate on the weekends.
    Indeed... I would play way more if I could have a variety of character to use but I've grinded my tank to cap and have no intention of doing it again for another other character, its just to boring.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123