Thread: Double XP?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Double XP?

How often does double XP roll around?

I just started playing again, since before Terra was lost, and it's still hard to push to cap all of the characters, that I had, again. (WoC, ect) So, I was wondering how often does it come? I would like to see it more often, especially since the game was never about leveling for me, and most of the guys I played with, as most of the fun was hanging out and killing random people; or NeoFragging endlessly. I just want to get back to that point...

Double XP is used for two reasons:
    • When in game time is lost due to unexpected server down time, or
    • As a celebration for a new milestone or occasion

To be picky, Terra is not "lost", all of that data is safe and backed up securely we're just not offering character transfers at this time. That may may change in the future but it also may not.

Welcome back to the community!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Thanks, for the information, Trivaldi.

It's good to hear that all of our work is backed up and safely guarded, but it would be nice to allow us to use our old characters once again. (I couldn't really care less about the rares and other items, but re-leveling absolutely sucks IMO...) I would be happy just to be able to move all (some?) of the old characters over.

double xp should run every weekend. more capped characters only means more pvp and tradeskilling. vets can woc characters over a weekend if they desire.

Yes, double or 1.5% xp weekends could greatly increase population that remains in hide.

The REAL Walker

Yeah double XP in all weekends and triple XP, for celebrations/downtime compensation would be great IMO.

(And all my characters are capped, so this is not something I will gain anything from - exept for more capped players to fight).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

There are no plans at this time to change the use of double XP.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

i'd still prefer the freemium model: play NC for free, buy a capped char at 99 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    There are no plans at this time to change the use of double XP.
    How about just changing the normal xp gain so its permenantly increased. Then keep double xp for the current situations

Looks like I may have started something here.

Fact of the matter is were losing players because people don't want to do the grind again. I doubt we will lose any players by increasing the xp rate on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by tarasm View Post
    Fact of the matter is were losing players because people don't want to do the grind again. I doubt we will lose any players by increasing the xp rate on the weekends.
    Well, it would surely generate a shift from weekdays to weekends. Not really that great either.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

6 characters to level

CBA, they are all 0/2 and barely left their apartments before I realized what I had ahead of me and alt+F4'd

(By the way, why has the terrible low-level grind not been addressed? 0/2 to */15-20 is awful. All the weapons are terrible and don't improve very quickly.)
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

The only reason i dont (cant) play these days is because although people try to pretend that you can cap a character in a day, it would realistically take me 2 months to half cap a single character.

The REAL Walker

Play smart - reserve the double XP weekends for NC

And yeah Apoc, the low level grind is by far the worst of the leveling process..
    After you have leveled the first character up, you can afford res-missions though. And that makes the lowlevel leveling A HELL OF A LOT easier!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast