Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Default Want to come back but can't hack getting to WoC again

I wanted log in and shoot a couple rounds of my xbow but heard theres a new server and nothing transferred from Terra ?

Whyyyyyy !!! I can't spend another year getting my characters up to WoC again, would donating a nice amount tempt the devs :/ ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Already answered in IRC. And the cash idea was discussed to death iirc. Well, i guess we are in for another round in 3... 2... 1...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Already answered in IRC. And the cash idea was discussed to death iirc. Well, i guess we are in for another round in 3... 2... 1...
    Forgive me all mighty one for not logging on regularly over the past 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Quote Originally Posted by ashley watts View Post
    Forgive me all mighty one for not logging on regularly over the past 5 years
    No need for my forgiveness, its an oozy one anyway... Just redeem yourself and get on the server
    There is not much else gonna happen. But i guess you made up your mind anyway.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

double xp weekend for Ashley watts return. make it happen

Pick a double xp weekend and you can woc a spy in a weekend easily, or get a PE nearabouts.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Mrs Britney, being sarcastic?

I personally do not think it would break the game to leave double XP in for good up to 95 in main skill or something.
    The only people that dont want this are old dogs that don't want to see new people in the game.
    I understand that WOW etc turned us all into cookie cutters but for a 2014 game its on the edge of Korea grinding old school to have to kill one billion mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by MjukisDjur View Post
    I personally do not think it would break the game to leave double XP in for good
    I second this. What is even the point of long grinds anymore?

For those of us who lost thousands of hours of work (many many WoC chars, thousands and thousands of rares, ect), it's already hard enough to have to reroll everything from scratch.

No MMO should ever force a full reroll.

Grim it only takes 24-30 hours ingame to woc every character except a pe, so just get back in the game, a double xp would probably get ya faster to cap, but without equip it would trash anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    Grim it only takes 24-30 hours ingame to woc every character except a pe, so just get back in the game, a double xp would probably get ya faster to cap, but without equip it would trash anyway.
    Yeah, that doesn't seem like that long when you put it that way... but I had 12 capped characters, and half of them had at least WoC 1. I don't have as much time to play as I did when I was younger, so it just feels like all of my time is going into grinding instead of actually having fun.

We appreciate it can be a tough pill to swallow for our more veteran players but it was not a decision made lightly.

Titan was made available as an entirely fresh server for a number of reasons. On the technical side it removed a lot of headaches due to the condition of the old servers, a lot of data was corrupt, damaged and in some cases missing. While the old servers were still chugging along, they were doing so just under their own weight. From the game play side of things it was also a necessary evil, a lot of illicit activities had gone on creating an incredibly unfair environment for our returning players and new players. Improving all the systems which combat those illicit activities, patching out weaknesses which allowed them and "removing the rot" in the old database was the best way to go.

The stable data from Mars, Mercury and Terra is all securely backed up.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't seem like that long when you put it that way... but I had 12 capped characters, and half of them had at least WoC 1. I don't have as much time to play as I did when I was younger, so it just feels like all of my time is going into grinding instead of actually having fun.
    If you don't have so much time for playing, you wont need all your chars anyway, no? Start with one and just have fun?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    If you don't have so much time for playing, you wont need all your chars anyway, no?
    Waiting around to find someone to RES/CST/Poke/Repair, is a time-sink, and I do not know anyone in game (right now) that can do it for me, not to mention the trust issue, so that is at least three characters needed; plus at least one for PvP. So, four (mostly) capped characters are the bare minimum for me. Also, even if I did have someone else to do it then I have to use time farmed for money to tip the other player; sure no big deal but again, more time wasted.

Sure, you can always come up with something to say the argument is invalid but it boils down to not having access to something once already worked for. I understand there are issues that forced them to remove our access to Terra (and other servers), but as I have said before; No MMOs should ever force full restarts. It encourages people not to play again because of the fear of another loss. (As I have experienced many times since the start of my play time, back in 2002 -- beta.)

i dont get it... everyone else is using the traders in plaza to get his shit done.
    Trusting? you can trust most of the people and there are only a handfull you cant but they also will not care but ur level shit.
    So you only need 1 pvp character, so if you would get ur old chars back you would still have the problem of no equip for pvp.
    When you start a tank/spy and woc him you get at least enough rareparts to equip him. Pe and monk is another story cause they take too long to woc or just grind aoe instead of rareparts.

Making a transfer possible is a bit stupid, cause there are still many people leveling their characters cause they didnt had the possibility to choose, another problem is that you get a bunch of cheaters back to the game also, most of them is sick by now leveling their 3 or 4th account

Quote Originally Posted by Dasore View Post
    i dont get it...
    I know you don't, because you haven't been around as long as other people have; like other vets and myself. Your account only being a couple of years old is clearly not enough time to be considered so. It's obvious that you probably don't have anything to recover anyway, so you couldn't care less; so stay out of the conversation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast