Default concept for more class distinction

this post is meant for discussion (some of this has been said before). please express your opinion.
    i believe that we all want all 4 classes viable in combat, while going by different tactics. so lets look at all parameters.
    here's my proposal:

tank pe spy monk
    damage strong medium medium medium
    resists strong medium weak weak
    armour strong medium weak weak
    range weak/med medium strong weak/med
    stealth none weak strong none
    ppu fx weak medium weak strong
    driving weak medium strong weak/med
    trade weak medium strong medium

explanation; tanks should be the strongest fighters, fastest runners, have most resists, best armour and guns but only short to medium fighting range (both melee and at a somewhat better range, cannons), so they can be attacked by pes, apus and spys from the distance. pes would be allrounders, spys would have excellent range and stealth but weak defenses and less maximum damage than tanks. monks would deal average damage (apu) on average distance, but support (ppu) on short distance only, while having weak physical defenses (both resists and armour). monks would profit most from ppu support (both apu and ppu), pes would go well with ppu psi, while tanks and spys would receive only weak boni from ppu modules (think of a class-based ppu psi resist). nanites would go accordingly to psi.

this would mean more distinctive classes and combat roles, more stone-paper-scissors than today. balancing would be needed as well. and yes, this is a long shot. not going to happen any time soon.

I like the overall concept but one giant glaring flaw in it is if you made one class benefit from ppu support more than any other then that class would be all you saw at op fights.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

imagine something like this:

[this is an example. just numbers]

tank: 3 from resists, 3 from armour, 1 from psi/etc = 7 total defense points
    pe: 2 from resists, 2 from armour, 2 from psi/etc = 6 total defense points
    spy: 1 from resists, 2 from armour, 1 from psi/etc = 4 total defense points
    monk: 1 from resists, 1 from armour, 4 from psi/etc = 6 total defense points

in that example, the main battle char would still be the tank, even as monks profit more from psi support than any other class. please also note that in this system balanced hybrid monks would be possible again. and, yes, the spy would be a support char.

I'd rather see them all be balanced and the only difference between them be speed of player and aiming speed be the difference in each class.

depends on whether you want NC to be a shooter with just a couple of different skins or an MMORPG with different classes and abilities. i'm into the latter. but, well, we had touched this subject before, its a matter of taste. still, theres the question where the current skill system is heading.

The core element is combat. Combat needs to be balanced. In order to balance them they need to be either similar or give a distinct advantage and disadvantage when greeted with others of their type.

Due to simplicity and ease of understanding I prefer the similar approach over any rock, paper and scissors affair.

I like your ideas about distinctions within boundaries. I hope that this kind of template is adopted when it comes to armour and implants balancing. However the core element, at least in my mind should remain similar.