Exclamation Military Base revisted in UE4

Hi guys, i was an old school Neocron player, and a couple days ago i thought i want to hone my skills outside of my normal job environment (3d artist @ ccp games). As a hardcore City Merc i was thinking of rebuilding/reimagining the base with all kinds of stuff around it with the newest tech/ shader stuff that is out there available right now.

So my question to you guys is, to help me collecting reference material so i can start working on it, it can be screenshots directly from the game or from somewhere else.

if anyone has questions regarding this project, please state them here

thanks in advance
    Last edited by F4tal3d; 20-04-14 at 19:01.

The game is free to play right now. You can jump right in and take all the screens the way you need them yourself btw.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I will do that but there is always something that i can miss

they are always looking for more voluenteers to fix NC up and you sound like you could help! (And hone your skills)
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Oculus Rift support please!

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    they are always looking for more voluenteers to fix NC up and you sound like you could help! (And hone your skills)
    Neocron is based on the good ol quake engine as far as i know, so pretty much everything that came after tech wise is not supported, which makes it pretty much impossible to make it look better without changing things under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by suspiciousgoat View Post
    as far as i know ue4 does have native support for the occulus and i might just take an dev kit 2 from work to test it out

Quote Originally Posted by F4tal3d View Post
    Neocron is based on the good ol quake engine as far as i know, so pretty much everything that came after tech wise is not supported, which makes it pretty much impossible to make it look better without changing things under the hood
    Actually, NC runs on a modified and beefed up Genesis3D engine.
    Basic D3D9 support was added with BDoY/NC2 in 2004 and by the looks, the NST is currently changing bits and pieces "under the hood" to improve the visuals (texture resolution, lighting, possibly shaders?).
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

as far as i know ue4 does have native support for the occulus and i might just take an dev kit 2 from work to test it out
    Excellent, I'm really looking forward to seeing your military base once my dev kit 2 arrives in July. Are you also working on valkyrie?

Excellent, I'm really looking forward to seeing your military base once my dev kit 2 arrives in July. Are you also working on valkyrie?
    I was working on the early prototype of valkyrie which was a lot of fun, but normally i work on eve online.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Actually, NC runs on a modified and beefed up Genesis3D engine.
    Basic D3D9 support was added with BDoY/NC2 in 2004 and by the looks, the NST is currently changing bits and pieces "under the hood" to improve the visuals (texture resolution, lighting, possibly shaders?).

I see thanks for correcting me, they are still miles away from any current technology though.

... still miles away from any current technology though.

Can't say I disagree
    I can understand why you would rather use the next gen technology in your playtime. I'm guilty of the same and plan to rebuild some of the common assets such as crates or barrels, to get a better grasp on the materials editor in UE4 (better is very much an euphemism at this stage)

Keep us posted on your progress - very much looking forward to see WIP stuff!
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

We are the CityMercs

Being a fellow CityMerc and 3D Artist i really await your WIPs eagerly!

This reminded me of this video, NC on oculus rift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtXNNLRshM

I was working on the early prototype of valkyrie which was a lot of fun, but normally i work on eve online.
    Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    This reminded me of this video, NC on oculus rift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtXNNLRshM
    Thank you, I will give this a try. I think the subway and the hover cabs might be fun since they are a seated experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast