I use Creed and Rav all the time on moving targets without issue.

Maybe we can discuss we can go back to discussing the patchnotes and the testing on this thread like we're supposed to be doing.

You really think the creed and rav don't bug damage on moving targets? Creed has not been used in OP fighting since its release...I laughed last time I saw someone using a ravager in OP fight...this is important towards the patch because if we do not fix these issues all the damage balancing will be a waste of time that give false data.

Quote Originally Posted by jj dynomite View Post
    I use Creed and Rav all the time on moving targets without issue.

Maybe we can discuss we can go back to discussing the patchnotes and the testing on this thread like we're supposed to be doing.
    I hope you're joking.
    It's a known fact that all beam weapons are bugged, and every 4/5 shots doesn't register, meaning it's useless for anything other than PvE.

When did you guys test the bugged beam weapons the last time ?

According to the patchnotes from the last retailpatch this issue has been fixed in R#184-185:
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...85-Patch-Notes

Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side

Next someone is gonna come in and say: Hey i have no problems with the Executioner, i hit every shot every time.. And its not bugged at all.
    It's broken as hell.. Doing more damage further away but also missing a lot, and a lot less up close.

In regards to the linear TL curve.. Ok let's see where it takes the game, afterall it's still in the early testing, yes?
    And apparently there's no way around it.. So good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Steiner View Post

According to the patchnotes from the last retailpatch this issue has been fixed in R#184-185:
    Come on.. Do you even play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    #brains indeed. If you remove one shot from the burst then all you need to do is make the others do an equal amount of damage that the previous burst did.

If a weapon has 4 shots and you remove one but it used to do 100 damage then you can make it do the same damage over 3 shots (ok to make it divisible by 3 we would make it do 99 damage....). Problem fixed.

Simple maths.

Why make simple when you can do complex huh ?

If you guys think :

1- streamlining weapons
    2 - then fixing characteristics
    3 - then re-streamlining

Is better than simply :

1 - fixing characteristics
    2 - streamlining weapons

See what Im saying ? Bad approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Steiner View Post

Most beam weapons are still broken, especially when used against fast moving target on a fast moving runner (shooter).
    It seem standing still for a second as you shoot helps a bit.

This is the reason why no one uses plasma wave, the whole beam laser weapons range, the whole fusion weapons range nor the whole raygun weapons range, in PVP.

This is the stuff want fixed BEFORE we even discuss damage figures or anything.

Bug reports it is then.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Why make simple when you can do complex huh ?

If you guys think :

1- streamlining weapons
    2 - then fixing characteristics
    3 - then re-streamlining

Is better than simply :

1 - fixing characteristics
    2 - streamlining weapons

See what Im saying ? Bad approach.
    I honestly don't get how some people do not understand their approach.

They are not trying to "streamline" weapons. They are trying to standardize one common element. This is the "foundation" they are talking about. Without standardization there is nothing to begin balancing on... With standardization making changes individually, by group, or type will be less complicated, more precise and much quicker.

I have no idea how the NST has the patience to continually try and help certain people understand. Some people just wont allow themselves to be open to information other than what they believe to be "true."

Stop cluttering up the thread with bullshit and either:
    1) Do the specific testing they asked for and provide the results.
    2) Move on to a different thread and leave this one alone.
    3) Take a break from the forum or game and see how things pan out.
    4) None of the above options, but stop creating additional work by cluttering up the test data.
    Last edited by hudsonbeck; 17-04-14 at 20:15.

I provided test data, did you ?

I propose solutions, do you ?

I play pvp in NC, do you ?

I understand all too well what they are trying to do and I disagree. Its my legitimate right to voice my opinion here, this is what this forum/thread is for.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    You really think the creed and rav don't bug damage on moving targets? Creed has not been used in OP fighting since its release...
    Not completely true..

When the Creed was released it was (by far) the most used weapon at opfights - it could drop spies in seconds..
    And it stayed like that untill a netcode change (or something like that).
    After whatever change it was, it and all other beam weapons became useless in PvP.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I provided test data, did you ?

I propose solutions, do you ?

I play pvp in NC, do you ?

I understand all too well what they are trying to do and I disagree. Its my legitimate right to voice my opinion here, this is what this forum/thread is for.
    I actually work during the week. I am on the test server right now. I will be sure to put in my time... surely more than 10min

When I am asked for information or input I gladly express myself constructively. However, I do not try and shove my opinion down anyone's throat.

I have been playing NC PVP and PVE for over 12 years... You? There have been many far more knowledgeable and skilled than you or I during that time my friend.

If you truly understand it then you have little understanding of problem solving. Do you repeatedly fix the same thing over and over or do you provide an all encompassing solution applied to the root cause?

I am simply saying, Stop arguing and causing clutter in the thread. They have a method and are asking for data. obviously they have read your posts and understand your points. you cant ask for more than that...

Back to testing....

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Now that would be a circle jerk of epic proportions...

If you self-declared "pvp" folks would stop smelling your own brain-farts and get out of your ivory tower people would maybe start taking you seriously.
    & they all have the same opinion. & they have always used the "OP weapon" everytime they've played the game it seems. (Kame, divide, tino, & Strife are all clanmates)

That is a personal attack tbh....please remove him from forum!

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast