Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Even if you look only at PPUs a heal tick of 800 with the current health pool is still way too much.
    As requested in the patch notes, please ignore this and do not test this for now. Please focus the balancing related testing on fights with the same class: e.g. Tank vs Tank, Spy vs Spy or PE vs PE.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

But using healtools/medkits/noobheals on Spys/PEs/Tanks should be taken into account right?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    But using healtools/medkits/noobheals on Spys/PEs/Tanks should be taken into account right?
    Anything that is not related to weapon performance is not on the agenda.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    Anything that is not related to weapon performance is not on the agenda.
    I wonder how many different ways you guys are going to have to say it before everybody finally gets it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jj dynomite View Post
    I wonder how many different ways you guys are going to have to say it before everybody finally gets it?!?
    I thought the same thing. To the person saying TRUST THE COMMUNITY in a previous thread on balancing info etc; this is a classic example of why you should NOT do this as its pretty clear people dont grasp the simplest of instructions without them needing to be repeated several times.

No mid fight heals. Straight up weapon vs weapon testing. Its not a fight or a duel but rather its a stand still and shoot each other test.

Will try and get on some time to help test.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I will get my lab coat and clipboard then.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I'm about to get around to testing it, which hopefully the weapon itself isn't bugged, but I just wanted to mention it here as well in case GMs aren't aware of the issue. The Executioner, Spy pistol, has been useless for a long time. It is, and isn't because of the dmg. It seems that the same RANGE effect the fusion RIFLE (Redeemer) has, has always also been affecting the executioner. Where it does little damage in close range, but very high dmg at far range.

As long as the DPM curve is correct for it's TL & the range effect is removed from the Executioner, I'd say the gun would finally be returned to it's glory. Since this pistol is my favorite Spy weapon, along with many others in my clan, I hope this get's addressed in this patch. Anyways, I'll repost in a bit with some data.

*EDIT* Medkits appear to be working fine, 9 health/sec at low health, 5-6 health/sec at 3/4 health.

Regards,
    -Cdmlotyo/Kryptonite
    Last edited by Sevendust; 13-04-14 at 11:17.

Having long range pistols is no bad thing. Bear in mind there is the Ray of Last Hope which does have the opposite effect to the Executioner (closer range higher damage). If these mechanics have made it across to Vedeena it is not completely a bad thing.

Pistolers right now are a joke in open world pve - with rebalancing of weapons there might be a way to actually use them for this purpose when they get round to fixing that aspect of NC.

Yes I realise it makes the rifle/pistol not much use in pvp and the balancing is intended to make all weapons good in that aspect but with enough other variety in weapons (judge, beam of hell, rolh, slasher and 3 woc pistols) around the same tl there is still plenty of variety.

I just want them to fix the back up gun tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Having long range pistols is no bad thing. Bear in mind there is the Ray of Last Hope which does have the opposite effect to the Executioner (closer range higher damage). If these mechanics have made it across to Vedeena it is not completely a bad thing.

Pistolers right now are a joke in open world pve - with rebalancing of weapons there might be a way to actually use them for this purpose when they get round to fixing that aspect of NC.

Yes I realise it makes the rifle/pistol not much use in pvp and the balancing is intended to make all weapons good in that aspect but with enough other variety in weapons (judge, beam of hell, rolh, slasher and 3 woc pistols) around the same tl there is still plenty of variety.

I just want them to fix the back up gun tbh.
    #1: Pistols are CLOSE-range combat weapons. Not sniping weapons.
    #2: Pistols are not tech farming/PvE weapons, because they're close range..
    #3: If you want to snipe in PvE as a PE/Spy, use rifles, not pistols, ..cuz sniping is a LONG-range strategy.
    #4: Rifles/Pistols easily match Tank weapons in PvP. Saying they are not much use in PvP is 100% false.
    #5: Ray of God & Ray of Last Hope have no damage difference when close or far away. Fusion weapons are the only weapons with this effect.

BUT, yes, un-used/underpowered weapons should be balanced...that's the point of this patch.

Im not gonna get into an argument with you about whether or not pistols should be viable in PVE because its not worth losing sleep over. All weapons should be viable at all roles.

I dont know where youre going with the "sniping" comment. There is a difference between engaging at range and sniping.

How would a pistol user level up otherwise?

I have no idea what point you are trying to make with #4 and #5. #4 makes no sense and #5 is just wrong. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    How would a pistol user level up otherwise?
    [Edited]
    Last edited by Kronos; 13-04-14 at 15:26. Reason: Spam
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

This discussion is getting off topic! Get back on testing!

Sevendust, thank you very much for the numbers, I'll will have a quick check on them soon
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Another patch has just been applied to Vedeena. The damage of different ammo mods has been equalized. The only difference between the different ammo packs is now only the composition of damage types.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Alright so is this here I'm supposed to report problems with the patch ?

Anyways so I was asked to do the fall-damage test on another char, so I used my HC tank instead. Here are the results :

DAMAGEINFO - Time 1300.272 Damage (Kame): WeaponID 0, DmgID 2000, DmgFac 188.726, Energy 18872.559, Effect 0.000, Height 0.000
    DamageCause: No weapon!
    DamageType: Collision!
    INS - FUL: 18872.559

Does that mean I have took 18872.559 Energy damage from jumping over the railing in Pepper 1 in front of the club Vιronique ?

If so, something obviously fucked there too. Do these type of problem only occur on the test server or do you generate them in your test environment as well ? Is your test environment different from Vedeena ??

/EDIT

This time I jump over the railing from the Garriot's dinner in Plaza1. Guess what, I didnt die.

DAMAGEINFO - Time 1744.988 Damage (Kame): WeaponID 0, DmgID 2000, DmgFac 1051.719, Energy 105171.938, Effect 0.000, Height 0.000
    DamageCause: No weapon!
    DamageType: Collision!
    INS - FUL: 105171.938

The old fall-damage mechanic still obviously works and if the fall is high enough, full HP is recovered instantly with no damage to body parts. Upon jumping down I was half HP with dead torso for a second, then back to full HP with good torso the instant after.

Now not only falling from ridiculously high doesnt do anything to a runner, but falling from a reasonnable height insta kills. This whole thing is BACKWARDS.
    Last edited by Kame; 14-04-14 at 00:43.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    This discussion is getting off topic! Get back on testing!

Sevendust, thank you very much for the numbers, I'll will have a quick check on them soon
    Gooood good. I was hoping I didn't have to re-do that whole data post. lol

One other thing though I forgot to mention on it. I ran into another runner who said everything was lagging for him & he had a high ping. Although, my ping was fine & i wasn't experiencing lag. However, I was seeing some slight stuttering & drop in fps, but I'm guessing Vedeena might be a much older server. ANYWAYS, while testing I noticed every weapon firing much slower than usual. Especially the TL113 AK. I didn't feel like checking to see if the timing was matching the freq of the weapon, so I don't know if it's the weapons, server, or patch causing it.

Also, KAME, this isn't JUST for bug reporting. This is also the balancing project and a work in progress. They need every bit of ->consistent<- testing data. Test the damage & freq of every weapon you can vs another char. Ie: make the numbers consistent by testing all your weapons against ONE character. That way there's no difference in resists from one tested gun to another.

ALSO, which I'm going to do for my tests, is make all resists be 50, & aim at ~50 fire/enr/xray in armor. This should show the most accurate damage differences between the weapons since some explosive-modded weapons do more force than others, more xray than other for high-tech weapons, etc.
    Last edited by Sevendust; 14-04-14 at 03:46.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast