Default [R#186] T#186-T#197 Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. Please also post your testresults as requested in the patch notes thread here! The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I would also like feedback on the 'new' frequency of the weapons. We know they are slower since we removed skill influence on frequency, and although it's obviously not as important as the DMP testing, I'd like to get an idea of how people want each of them to behave.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

1st test with weapons... ionic > all, 400-600 dmg a shot, doesnt matter which character and what kind of ionic
    cs does no damage, but the ravager now rapes

What armour and resist values did you use, how much WEP/HC?
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

New dialogue is great, but first it was barely visible and when I left PTS room background changed to unknown texture. Black semi transparent rectangle there would be fine.

Edit: Some clipping occurs when character gesticulates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    What armour and resist values did you use, how much WEP/HC?
    Doesnt matter, it's the ultimate beam of death instagib railgun asmd-combo nuke bfg9000.
    Last edited by slith; 12-04-14 at 16:28.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

yeah doesnt really matter, tryed pistol (240 pc/ 150 wep) and hc ionic (230 hc/around 100 wep), on spys/tanks/pes.. damage always between 400-600

OK, I've discovered a problem. Seems something went wrong with the files somewhere. DPM curve is.... not what it should be.

Going to start fixing it as soon as I can.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

Also heals as in medikit/healtool/ppu heals are healing WAY too much. PPU heal does about 800 hlt per tick.

Please show me a DPM graph with the Ionic Cannon in it somewhere :P
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

former king of saturn

imo leave ionic dmg as it is and remove all ionics that aren't on my account.

Listen to that man, he plays with the best of the best!

Closing the thread to prevent spam until the issue is fixed
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

By the way, not to forget: thanks for the feedback so far

Thread reopened. A patch has been applied to fix the dpm curve and also to put the correct, temporary, dialog background in place. Please have a look at the patch notes thread for more details.

To comment on heals: since testing a whole zoo of interdependencies at once will not work out we need to test step by step now. For now we only balanced the classes amongst themselves and therefore the only thing to be tested is PvP amongs the classes themselves, so e.g. spy vs spy, tank vs tank or pe vs pe. Everything else will not be considered valuable feedback! We focus the testing and development of the balancing changes intentionally to avoid having to deal with many dependencies at once. The more you focus testing on PvP amongst classes themselves and the more feedback you provide, the faster we can go on to stage two
    Last edited by Alduin; 12-04-14 at 18:43.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

Even if you look only at PPUs a heal tick of 800 with the current health pool is still way too much.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast