Default Law Enforcer Chip slow frying out

I noticed a lot of people were complaining about PvP slowly being killed out by the law enforcer chip. I love the Law Enforcer but I have to agree that it would be annoying in PvP areas. Here's my suggestion.

At level 10, you receive this message: "The law enforcer chip has begun glitching out. You are still safe in NeoCron, but in the wilds, anyone can kill you. A quick check reveals your quick access belt does not drop on death, luckily.

At level 30: "The law enforcer chip has failed slightly. Your belt now falls off with death. It seems unhackable though, fortunatly."

At level 50: "The Law Enforcer chip has failed yet again. Your belt is now hackable but only in the wild. In NeoCron and in dungeons, it's secure to you."

At max level: "The Law Enforcer has fried out nearly entirely. You are now attackable in NeoCron, but your belt still is unhackable there."

You will never be able to PvP hack, so PvP will be pointless until you take out your chip.

Positives of this system for newbies:
    The game would slowly and carefully prepare them for PvP. According to the two people I have talked to about this idea, they would not be disappointed and stop playing if they had to deal with their PvE protector slowly dying out, as it would lower them safely into PvP rather than just dropping them into it like other games tend to do.

Positives of this system for long time players: A long time player would no longer have issues with being unable to kill players they'd normally have to. This would make high end PvE hunting more of a challenge as it should be, since you should have to compete with other players for good loot. As a crafter, you'd still be safe in NeoCron.

Negatives of this system: Players looking for a PvE exclusive game would have to look elsewhere.

Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by PycasneEesost View Post
    [snip]

This topic has been discussed to death several times by now and was already addressed by the devs:

A progressive malus was introduced as an additional incentive to remove the Law Enforcer.
    You will get increasingly less money and XP when keeping the LE equipped beyond rank 30 (?).
    That is not the only malus of course - there is also the issue of not being able to join clans and most importantly not being able to participate in PvP. Make PvP more rewarding for the average joe and it will increase the weight of that malus
    If people don't want to remove the LE, they have their reason.

I will not go over the practical implications for the suggested steps (unhackable belts are prone to world spam) as I feel the devs have looked at all that stuff and more.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

We should make a memorial thread for all the topics that have been discussed to death^^
    So people know where progress can be made and where not...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

First off, PVP is and has always been a choice. Players should not be forced to PvP.

At max level: "The Law Enforcer has fried out nearly entirely. You are now attackable in NeoCron, but your belt still is unhackable there."

You will never be able to PvP hack, so PvP will be pointless until you take out your chip.
    So you going to have a bunch of very upset and angry capped LE'ed players who find themselves ganked because their LE has fried out all the sudden, and then have their 5 slot Silent Hunter hacked from their belt?

Negatives of this system: Players looking for a PvE exclusive game would have to look elsewhere.
    Ideas that change the game mechanics this drastically that cause players to quit are not good ideas. That's one massive negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    ...PVP is and has always been a choice...
    what brammers says. choice. reducing choice is reducing fun. if the other people dont want to choose the way you'd want them to, its you who needs to get along with that decision. sorry.

well. we need to bring more people to our fave MMO, but removing choice isnt the way to go.

but please keep posting and discussing new ideas. some (a few) of our conversation did make a difference.

I like the idea. If the item drop remains unhackable so they can retrieve it themselves I am all for it. It will prevent abuse for sure.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I like the idea. If the item drop remains unhackable so they can retrieve it themselves I am all for it. It will prevent abuse for sure.
    It would also save a lot of time for the devs as they would not have to replace the floor mat with higher res textures.
    Within a day, belt drop zones would be plastered in unhackable milkyren LE belts. Great idea.
    </sarcasm>
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    It would also save a lot of time for the devs as they would not have to replace the floor mat with higher res textures.
    Within a day, belt drop zones would be plastered in unhackable milkyren LE belts. Great idea.
    </sarcasm>

Oh yeah, cause it's totally impossible to program a time limit on QA belts.

</sarcasm>

The REAL Walker

I remember back when the LE got a bug, where it took damage like all other implants.. I kinda liked that tbh..
    Could do so it only took damage upon death.

Granted, the LE would probably have to be changed to arti condition by default, so you had the full 120/* to use of.
    Make it loose like 3 condition every time you die?

Personally when I used a LE'd character, I did not care if I died - hell if I was in Regants and needed to get back to p1, I just let myself die, instead of running back.. That is SO wrong IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Personally when I used a LE'd character, I did not care if I died - hell if I was in Regants and needed to get back to p1, I just let myself die, instead of running back.. That is SO wrong IMO.
    If the loss of any fear of your mortality and the subsequent opening of new possibilities is not the point of instant reproductive cloning and consciousness transfer ... then what is it?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

So in short: "I want more people to gank, so screw all those that want to play without PvP. Force them to be my victims."

Sounds legit. Erm...no.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    </sarcasm>
    Wipe the belts from the zone once a day at midnight.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Why again is there belt drop anyway?

I guess the LE how it is atm is ok as a more or less short-term solution, since any changes to the LE just change how easy the LEd life is, and I don't really care about that too much. (In the end it just determines how fast the PvP-player will pull it during leveling/farmin a new character, PvE players will never pull it anyway)

Long term I'd like to see it removed and replaced with less ugly and "ultimate" mechanics. The community is small enough and I'd like the traders/PvEers to have their place as well, but an On/Off solution is too simple and will always divide the population.

So the pvp players have been saying the same thing for years and years about the LE, Yet people respond by saying its a dead subject. Obviously after the same threads pop up year after year...then it IS a major problem. Id support limiting it but never removing it as a choice.
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 07-04-14 at 19:58.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast