Default Thought I'd poke my face back in.

Used to be in the UA since NC1. Hiatus further down the line sometime during Evo, after hacking was revamped.

Tank, Phayse. FA.

Anyway, I popped my schnozz back in after being advised the community had taken over and were doing a few things to fix it up.

Seems the way might have been lost a bit. See, I forgot how to play. I forgot the layout and I forgot the mechanics. For all intents and purposes, I was back to being a newbie, so I thought as a newbie, I'd start fresh.

I logged in and CTD'd. I relogged, at this point fond memory of some of the endearing bugs. Wry Smile. I got to the character creation screen and knocked up a character. The classes were still poorly explained, I had no idea what kind of character I'd be rolling and what stats they'd have, but that's not overly important.

Suggestion - Take a look at character creation - it's not all that friendly

I noticed there's only a few choices for each class in terms of actual looks, and that they hadn't changed since I left. Oh, and my name "Gryph" wouldn't accept it 5 consonants in a row - years later! I'm sure I was banging on about making "Y" a vowel for character name purposes.

Suggestion - Maybe look into coming up with a few more? Make Y a vowel!

Created my character (same old floating head issue, still doesn't square up in the character selection box and while we're on it, only 4 characters per account, with an acknowledgment on signup that this could be my only account.

Suggestion - someone address those avatars at account character selection? Maybe aim to give more space for alt characters?

Head to the tutorial - it's pretty horrific. Really, really bad. The limited commentary voiceovers didn't help, and the popups are very basic, and clicking the "next" button actually cycled me back through all the previous messages If I'm honest, I really struggled with it. I just felt like logging out, I was really disappointed. I mean, at the construction part of the tutorial I completely forgot how to build! I mean, I forgot I could right click for context menus! Overall it was very "run through tunnels" the basement wasn't down. Basements should be down. Below. Not up, fanny about, wrong turn, back again, start over up, through, down and round and then basement. It was a bit of a faff if I'm honest.

Suggestion - revisit the tutorial. Give it some love, make it simple. Spoonfeed if you have to. Consider redoing the layout. There's nothing wrong with basic, it was just a little too basic.

MC5 - nothing but an empty space. Dialogue is still mega shonky. no direction. Just an outside with some stuff, and some inside bits that looked like they could be for a mission I couldn't find how to start. Still the same as when I left.

Suggestion - MC5 could do with some love, it's the best place for users to get acquainted and maybe run through a few small starter missions to cover some concepts.

City - Got there. Sparse. Same old quests, same old announcements on loudspeaker. Same everything - still no direction.

Went to a sewer, figured I may as well level. Took damage. Popped first aid. Became invulnerable.

Eh?

Sync error.

And that's where I left off.

Hopped onto here for a browse. Glad there's people about. Glad it's still alive. See a lot of discussion,s o know it's being worked on, but it's all revolving around the higher level stuff, what you all seem to be amusing yourselves with. Which is fine. The population's low and it's a WIP, but I haven't much of anything different.

Just a bit puzzled.

Is it a WIP? or is it just staying as is? What does the community want from NC?

Welcome back. Have fun learning how to play NC again. If in doubt, ask anyone. Now for the good news: Theres less bugs than before. Of course you got a point (or several) critisizing the newb experience. The first minutes in the life of a NC toon are confusing and ugly. And right, there should be a more basic starter/tutorial mission arc before mr. jones comes in.

Forgot there was a Mr Jones, he never appeared. Can't remember when he's supposed to pop up.

Sadly no. I got involved, but in the hour NC had of me, just too much felt like it was the same, and that it hadn't been touched. Just old clunky. Even the textures hadn't changed.

I was lead to believe the community was in charge? Is it a WIP? or is it just staying as is? What does the community want from NC?

FA CM and TG have no Jones mission afaik since advanced factions.

Game is now in the hands of a volunteer team from the community and worked on in their free time.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^