Default [001141] [R#185] Viarosso - texture problems!

Hi Support-Team:

There are a few problems with textures in and around viarosso appartments:

- The floor: Commonly, you can see your own face in it. But now it is only a white toneless surface.
    - The appartment: glaring lights everywhere
    - The night sky: only 8 or even less colours available and looks like a flat disk
    - The birds: not even one flying bird on the sky or on the roof of the appartment
    - The ocean: only a plain monochrome surface

I hope you will solve these problems in a very short time and remain with

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
    Sotrages
    ... steht auf NeoFun.

Screenshots.

Also that with the reflective surface is long gone since this was only DirectX 7 afaik. The color palette of the sky was always that way, at least i never remembered it different.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Screenshots.

Also that with the reflective surface is long gone since this was only DirectX 7 afaik. The color palette of the sky was always that way, at least i never remembered it different.
    DX7 had some awesome things in it.. Like working mirrors, PA4's being black, reflective floors and so on..
    It did run like shit though
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Screenshots.

I remember skybox textures of a whole different quality in the nc2 beta - dunno why they got crippled down again before release. maybe performance, maybe to match the lower res environment.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

i remember weapon, drug and armor iconplates in the sky.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    i remember weapon, drug and armor iconplates in the sky.
    No idea what you are talking about? Bugs in NC?

PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

There are a lot of thing they are broken. Sun-Moon phase for example (when was the last time you saw the moon? )

The DirectX9 driver implementation is far away from being complete it was just a "techdemo" at that time to show the community / publisher that Neocron is capable to use Direct X 9.

I am currently tinker around a little bit with the current implementation of the Direct X 9 driver and the engine, the whole HDR was removed too. It will took some time before the Dx 9 driver is working flawless, but the current priority is to get the balancing and other things working again.

The next patch includes some of the new engine tweaks which needs to be tested @ Vedeena.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    There are a lot of thing that are broken. Sun-Moon phase for example (when was the last time you saw the moon? )

The DirectX9 driver implementation is far away from being complete it was just a "techdemo" at that time to show the community / publisher that Neocron is capable to use Direct X 9.

I am currently tinkering around a little bit with the current implementation of the Direct X 9 driver and the engine, the whole HDR was removed too. It will take some time before the Dx 9 driver is working flawless, but the current priority is to get the balancing and other things working again.

The next patch includes some of the new engine tweaks which need to be tested @ Vedeena.
    It's very interesting to read some background information about the engine and what's being worked on.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post

There are a lot of thing they are broken.
    The next patch includes some of the new engine tweaks which needs to be tested @ Vedeena.
    Hello Zoltan:

Many thanks for your efforts to get these DX9 problems solved as soon as possible.

With best wishes,
    Sotrages
    ... steht auf NeoFun.