Default Hiring staff for your apartment?

I had a wild idea from reading the apartment thread.

What about being able to hire staff for your apt? Like in skyrim but nothing quite that advanced.

Basically you would go to a particular place (Job Centre?) and see a person there. They would give you an object which you would place (Im not sure what type of object yet - maybe a work permit?) and then when you zone out of the zone and back in you get an npc stood in the space instead.

You would then be free to place furniture etc around them and move them just like you can static objects.

The sort of staff I would like to see would be:

A Yo's Vendor (All-buyer)

A Barman/Barmaid

possibly a Faction guard - limited to one per apartment.

I dont know anything about the technical aspect of the requirements of this but perhaps limiting each apt to 2 of the 3 staff members would be enough.

Also the fee to "hire" them would be millions. Not a few k or a few hundred but millions. Like 2-3m plus. You would essentially pay for the person the for the life of their contract. You also have to feed them and take them for walks.

With the new apt changes and the above additional factors we would see an explosion of RP all over the place. It would be great for the immersion factor of the game too. Imagine zoning up to some guys apt to find it is a veritable opium den, plush drapes everywhere, soft music playing and some meathead with a plasma cannon just daring you to go for your gun...

I would love it.

Also they would have to be invincible - to stop exploiters.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

of course. staff in your app is great. i think i had a bar+bartender in my trader app on terra. its just: how many ppl would want (+be able to sustain) that? maybe its still easier for our devs to place those guys manually but writing code for it. lets ask the team. team?

nice idea. crazy but cool. yeah being able to implement it is a whole new ball game.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Strippers!

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    Strippers!
    you will get strippers if you just RP hard enough. really, really hard.

It would just involve creating a new item I would expect. The models already exist and so do other similar items. The home girl for example.

I don't know how the code would change as the char would be interactive of course (all buyer) but they exist in other zones so it doesn't seem to be beyond the realm of possibility at least.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"