It's fine. The spirit of good discussion flows strong in the thread. I prefer that personally.

See the thing is when you strip them down to the bare bones the Apu and the spy have very similar stat lines. 100 psi vs 100 dex ok that's different but the strength and con are the closest together of the 4 classes.

I was heading towards a suggestion for int based armour for both classes tbh. It would be weaker than the strength based version for pe and tank but I think this is the best way to go to balance out those classes and not give the devs a headache.

As for balancing. Yes. The game is still running. The lights are on so someone must be working on it. I am a firm believer that lack of any comms means they are probably busy on something. It's not like they are all taking sick days and doing nothing. Triv has commmented recently that the storyline was put on hold while they work on other stuff.

I expect that means big things hopefully. I can't read German but it seems that the German speaking community thinks so too looking st the threads that are active.

I'm not suggesting this change gets implemented right this second like some angry kid. I mean it should be considered within the context of the entire class overhaul.

Big picture style. You have to make small changes to see the big ones more clearly.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

I think this (stealth) is something that will need to be re-visited after the balancing project has been done. There are too many issues with class/setup balance causing the issue of stealth to be exaggered more than it is.
    Spies have close to the highest damage in the game, which makes sense if their high damage potential was balanced with weak/poor resists but currently it isn't. They have good resists AND the ability to abuse [read: spam] stealth as they please. Anyhow, this is getting off topic.

Stealth should simply have a cooldown or a more fitting name for neocron 'Recharge time'. This time should be proportional to the time the stealth lasts for.

Pure tradeskillers, should have an option for a 'black market trade stealth tool', which requires atleast 100 in a tradeskill and lasts for a time which we would need to determine. (maybe the same as stealth 3?)
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I don't this the duration of the stealth should be changed, not at all.

Stealth's implementation is deep within NC, Whether you want to travel trough DOY tunnels, stalk on someone, avoid mobs or save your life from an enemy, stealth has been something we can rely almost consistently onto. I say almost because a stealth bug was introduced a few patches ago and apparently wasnt deemed important enough to iron out.

The stealth duration time are adequate, and the skill required to use stealth seem also adequate to me (you need 100 INT and 100 TC to use the Obliterator, the longest lasting stealth in-game).

The thing I would find maybe "acceptable" to look at in regards to stealth is the "drugflash" feature that you guys tried to implement a while ago. Basically it gave you a drugflash if you used the stealth too often. The mechanics seemed very akin to the ones running the drugflash on the nanite tools. (hiting nanites 5x within the same 30 seconds period seems to induce a low-lv drugflash)

It "could" perhaps be adequate to drugflash a player if he uses stealth 5x within 30 seconds.

Anything other than that would basically be madness.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I say almost because a stealth bug was introduced a few patches ago and apparently wasnt deemed important enough to iron out.
    The stealth bug (Or I should say stealth bugs!) has been around quite a bit longer than that. I do have quite a few reproducible cases logged in our bug tracker.

Kame - if you know of any stealth bugs, please can you add a post in this bug tracker thread - Thanks.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I like the way stealth works now at first thought. Fixing a PE is not about stealth either and the advantage it gives a spy is just fine. Actually I find it to be a lot of fun trying to chase them in stealth or using it to escape death narrowly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12