Default OP UG rule change proposal

Some passionate posting came about in a thread recently posted in Garriotts diner. That thread began as a precursor to this one, in order to get the passion out of some people so that discursive posting could begin here.

Turrets are no longer allowed in the game as per the announcement thread but the security settings still refer to them.

Would it be possible to change the security settings on op to something a little more simple?

I dont want to go down the route of discussing anything to do with turrets however.

Due to some valid issues raised in the other thread - locking the OP UG for a more effective defence being the primary one - I would like to propose the following changes.

UG set to lock or unlock.

GR set to - GR Clan, GR friend, GR neutral (to include friendly factions of course) and GR All.

All GR settings to exist along with a UG Locked and a UG Unlocked setting.

This would mean 8 settings in total that are simple to understand, promote harmony within the game world and allow for "territory" to be defended if that is required and the conducting of a proper OP defence for those so inclined.

UG Locked/GR all

UG Locked/GR neutral and friendly

UG Locked/GR friendly only

UG Locked/GR clan only

and the same for UG Unlocked.

In my mind this would take into account the various view points expressed over the years from different people about the status of ops and them being "owned" etc. It should theoretically please all those involved in the current game who contend for ops on a daily basis and it should promote the benefit of being able to open OPs to the general public (my aim) whilst at the same time giving the satisfaction of providing the defending clan a staging area to conduct their defence.

It hopefully is a win for everyone.

Any thoughts/ideas/comments/feedback?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

This we can definitely agree on
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I 'd be good with all UG's are locked to the clan that owns the OP but all GR's are locked open for everyone to use. There's absolutely no reason for an underground except when defending against attack.

I actually agree with faid. the good middle ground however to try to please as many peeps as poss would be the ug lock and gr lock separate.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    I 'd be good with all UG's are locked to the clan that owns the OP but all GR's are locked open for everyone to use. There's absolutely no reason for an underground except when defending against attack.

I concur wholeheartedly. However my only thought was to coincide UG locking with Turret activation in the future. I intentionally left that part out of the thread so as not to start anyone off on a tangent about turrets. So if you locked your ug, your defensive countermeasures are therefore assumed to be in play, thus preventing people from coming into your op at all. People can still use the GR in this instance - it is outside the op after all. However some people may also wish to use your op for purchases. In the future world where turrets again work as intended and are useful if people entered your op they might find a nasty surprise coming.

With regards to various settings for the GR I figured people would want the option to have levels of security for various ops, to create strategic layers to certain areas if nothing more.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"