Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Lol glad to be able to help dude. Ignore the other guy.
    You didn't really help, you were the one who flat out said no-way to hybrids.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Lol ....
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

without wanting to fuel the sxr witch hunt prevalent in this thread i must say if the only way to make a viable hybrid was to pa switch i wouldnt bother either.

i have been playing around trying to find a set up for a private eye using the swat rifle (woc) and not wearing a pa. It essentially meant two mc5 chips in my head and having to relog after every GR jump to get them both activated. Even drugs wouldnt work to activate the chips properly due to the decimal stuff. Another option would have potentially been to put on and then remove the woc pa in order to activate said chips properly. The entire point of not wearing the pa was to save on the risk of dropping it and also because i have always disliked pe pa since its inception.

In light of this i would not want to piss around with PA swapping either so i do support what william said.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I guess if youre stood still in the boxes at regants then you can swap out your pas and not really have any issue as you are just effectively standing there and farming the crawlers and sluggers.

However if you are out in the real world somewhere, having to travel and the like then in my mind its not worth it. I guess having seen one of the SXR hybrids doing that in the last few days that seems to be doable.

However, the amount of times he died recently just seemed to make it look like an exercise in futility to me. Coupled with the expense of replacing said PAs I am still gonna stick with my original diagnosis.

Allow psi3 selfcast and I'll do an hybrid whith whom I can fight properly !
    But without psi3, it's worthless.
    I behave as a signature

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Castr0 View Post
    Allow psi3 selfcast and I'll do an hybrid whith whom I can fight properly !
    But without psi3, it's worthless.
    PSI3 as selfcast would help A LOT, yeah.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

However, the amount of times he died recently just seemed to make it look like an exercise in futility to me. Coupled with the expense of replacing said PAs I am still gonna stick with my original diagnosis.
    Coming from the guy who "benefits the game" and "does things to help others, behind the scenes" clearly you don't. Please try and understand the meaning of this post. OP asked if hybrids were possible, I said that they were good in some ways, bad in others. Besides you and Doc consistently complaining about the game, and not having the balls to deal with it, you just never seem to want to help out others. Just because the character dies, doesn't mean it's not a viable option.

And PSI3 Combat booster would help a lot, especially in the hybrid conversation.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Will McAvoy - PPU

Rofl. Someone's a bit mad perhaps. I see more 17th posting and quoting me a lot today. No need for flames. Like I said in the other thread. We have a difference of opinion. Doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.

P.s quote me complaining please I'd love to see that.

"I got bored because pvp in nc is dying. The quality fights we used to have are gone now.

There arent enough people to sustain the quality of pvp I want. There arent enough fights, too much downtime, a plethora of other reasons. "

" I want good quality pvp. Not zoneline hugging, not 11 ppus and 5 fighters. Not any of the other stuff that has happened in nc pvp of late. I want a balanced pvp experience."

Both are from Recruit the Noobs.

Sounds like complaining about the game to me
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Lol that's stating a fact and this is a different thread. Here in the forum we exchange ideas. This one is about hybrids not personal attacks on someone who clearly pissed you off today.

Try to stay on topic at least please.

Oh, so now itīs just this thread? How about some consistency? Why doesnīt the other threads count? You asked for complaints, I showed them to you. This is the second time you complain about me quoting you or me from another thread.

Yeah, I am getting bored of you. But now because of your wit or good reasoning. Itīs your negativity and repetative posts. Angry, pissed etc, not really.

Fools should be pitied, not hated. They usually donīt realise what a burden they are to others.

As to topic, switching PA takes seconds, same as restocking you stam boosters, getting more ammo from a gogo etc. It isnīt an impossible thing to do. Just makes things a bit harder. I know you donīt like making an effort, youīve shown that before. But donīt tell others they shouldnīt bother, just because you canīt deal with it.
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

Personal attacks do nothing for credibility.

On the subject at hand - I offer my opinions. The thread starter knows enough about opinions and facts to know the difference and make his own choice. That is the entire point of the thread. I gave my opinion, others gave theirs. As people in 17th dont like my opinions you TRY to do your best to have a go at my opinions. You dont need to pick this thread to start making more personal attacks about fools and all of the other crap you keep flinging. I dont mind if you continue, it just makes you look like even more of an asshat tbh. By not stooping so low I make myself out to look like the better man. Thats all that happened here today.

As for complaints/rage/whatever else. If i repeated the same thing over and over in a whiny way I would concur. As I have not done that and am not doing that I find this argument to be flat at best.

As for the subject of crossposting - no thats not allowed - part of the forum rules.

Damn, can't have one thread without flaming now.

My two cents is that hybrid is pointless. You can't cast psi combat booster on yourself. I tried it recently thinking I could maybe use rares of both with armor swapping. Not even possible. To get the base focusing to 83, it's not possible to wear any sort of armor, while getting anywhere close to 140 in apu or ppu. Just don't do it !

Just want to address this before staying on topic:

On the subject at hand - I offer my opinions. The thread starter knows enough about opinions and facts to know the difference and make his own choice. That is the entire point of the thread. I gave my opinion, others gave theirs. As people in 17th dont like my opinions you TRY to do your best to have a go at my opinions. You dont need to pick this thread to start making more personal attacks about fools and all of the other crap you keep flinging. I dont mind if you continue, it just makes you look like even more of an asshat tbh. By not stooping so low I make myself out to look like the better man. Thats all that happened here today.
    William, after your 3500+ posts, I believe everyone knows your opinions and where you stand by now.. that is if anyone wants to read your "opinions". Your "opinion" on this thread was basically something like this: hybrids don't work, aren't viable, PA's are too heavy, no such thing. . . . -wow... you sir, have great ideas and "opinions", (begin sarcasm) real beneficial to the community. (/end sarcasm)

Now for the actual subject at hand, and in reply to kazvall, saying that hybrids are pointless is pretty much on the same wavelength as: Regant Melee Power Armor for Private Eye's. I mean one can not even begin to go into the abyss of pointless things that is Neocron. And yeah, it sucks that you can't cast Psi combat booster on yourself, but I think it was at the attempt for the game dev's not to make the class overpowered.. Maybe they'll fix that with the balancing patch? The PA swapping definitely works without drugs, and again, it is possible to make a hybrid in today's game. It's nothing like the old hybrids of years ago, but such a thing, still exists

edit: forgot about the classic pointless: Long Laser Blade Ultima mods
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Will McAvoy - PPU

pa switch hybrid might work because you can use all the rare shields and apu spells. but then you have to keep being buffed and switch your pa all the time for that. think it s a bit annoying. without pa switch i don t think blessed shield would make you survive for a long time and i doubt non rare apu spells would do enough dmg.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast