This topic has already gone to hell.

If you sit here on the forums complaining about getting ganked in PvE. Great.
    You're reacting exactly how those people want you to react. Keep crying about it.
    Cry about it until you find the strength to pick up a weapon to hunt them down, kill them, and take their dog tag as your trophy.

Torg, you clearly can't read very well, surprising that you as a politician skim over the facts. *hardly*
    He stated that if you are assuming that all PKers are "12yr olds", it is the equivalent to say that all LE'd players are "scared little girls".

This topic really needs to stop cropping up - effectively you end up with thorn-in-foot veterans trying to dictate how others should or should not be conducting themselves within a cyber punk game world. That's right folks, you're expecting order in a post-apocalyptic revelry-fueled world.

I don't care how anyone plays this game, play this game how you see fit as long as it's within the rules.
    Some people want to play the PK'er, others want to play the care bear constructor, then there are those who are soldiers dedicated to their clans. I personally play all of these roles based on which character I'm playing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    The only thing I'd change is, give us the chance to put an LE back in (with restrictions, once a month or so).
    Yes, I second that.

It should be possible to put the LE back in whenever the player makes the decision for a peaceful and pacifistic life again in Neocron.

What people do not understand is that this move would actually strengthen the PvP in Neocron.

The reason is that all players could simply try out PvP whenever they want with a chance to go back if it does not suit them.

Right now it is a one-way street. There is no way back.

Another reason for me is that I want to be able to guide new LE'd players through Neocron and the wastes and to the MB and anywhere without having to look around every corner for gankers and get killed while giving new players valuable help and resources.

Yes I like to PvP even if I lack training atm and the imbalance is terrifying but there are times when it does not fit the game for me.

I like the danger of having to be careful when walking around the city and the wastes but not if I want to show new players the game and its mechanics.

Of course it should be made sure that this feature is not exploitable too much. For example, putting the LE in should take 30 minutes or longer (60?), while the player cannot move at all, so that it is not an easy decision. The interval for it could also be limited, like Pestilence suggested above (once a month).

I am sorry to hijack this thread somehow but it's a feature that I am thinking about for a long time now.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Of course it should be made sure that this feature is not exploitable too much. For example, putting the LE in should take 30 minutes or longer (60?), while the player cannot move at all, so that it is not an easy decision. The interval for it could also be limited, like Pestilence suggested above (once a month).
    I think the only limitation should be that the LE can only be put back in as long as you stay within a Safe Sector. (If you GR or leave the safe sector it cancels the process)

Otherwise you could have an entire clan turn up to an outpost fight LE'd and just pull their LEs for a fight.
    It would be pretty meaningless, but exploitable nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    Otherwise you could have an entire clan turn up to an outpost fight LE'd and just pull their LEs for a fight.
    It would be pretty meaningless, but exploitable nonetheless.
    Of course, if it doesn't work then we don't need it. However, today's players are not as hardcore as they were ten years ago. Maybe that's why a feature like this would help maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Of course, if it doesn't work then we don't need it. However, today's players are not as hardcore as they were ten years ago. Maybe that's why a feature like this would help maybe.
    I think the biggest exploit of all, and would need careful consideration.
    Only players with positive soul light should be able to re-implant their Law Enforcer.

This would allow people to start a beef, kill members of my clan and then put their LE in and lough into my face while farming safely in my outpost.

Its already bad enough how it is.. People farm with le toon and see you then logon unled fighter toon to attack you from behind when low health. Need to make it even more cowardly system? Or more exploitable..? I would remove LE completely tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    I would remove LE completely tbh
    i'd be fine with removing the LE from the game, but only on fac symp and SL rules of 2002: once you got into red SL, there was no way to go back into green. so you had to be careful not to dogfight in newb areas (P2) or AoE in caves. deal?

and cursed shadow: i was joking on that little girls theme, and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i'd be fine with removing the LE from the game, but only on fac symp and SL rules of 2002: once you got into red SL, there was no way to go back into green. so you had to be careful not to dogfight in newb areas (P2) or AoE in caves. deal?
    If only it would be so simple..
    I wish we could make that decision torg.

Dont change the LE rules. The players are bad enough as it is. The amount of people abusing the mechanics of the LE compared with the amount of people who ACTUALLY genuinely need the LE and using it as it was intended is phenomenal.

The current version of that ruleset is about as fair and balanced as it can be made to be in this world.

There are easily 3 good constructive solutions to the OPs problem in this thread. If he doesnt find any of them to his satisfaction then sorry but thats just hard lines. He either needs to fight back or he needs to learn to suck it up. One or the other.

Do not start a witch hunt on changing the LE rules just because one guy came to the forum to bitch about being killed in a game with guns in it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    yes, i do. we all know the difference between PvP (fights between PvP enabled toons) and shooting weaker for no reason but an easy kill. The latter is for 12-year-olds.
    I hate to break it to you... but it's an MMORPG(/fps), there'll always be someone stronger than you. Neocron does actually a good job of allowing people to fight back compared to most mmorpgs.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12